INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, July 26, 2021

Review of We Don't Leave by Emerald O'Brien

Who can you believe when you can’t trust your own eyes? Hayden is excited to begin a new life with her husband, Sid, after he accepts a job offer back in his hometown. She doesn’t love the idea of being so far from her family, but she understands why he’s pushing for the move—after a car wreck and addiction issues, it makes sense that he’d want a fresh start. Sid has even agreed to throw a party to celebrate the transition. But when Hayden steals away to their cottage for some time alone, she makes a shocking discovery. Terrified, she races home, but by the next morning, she’s more confused than anything. What did she really witness? Is her mind playing tricks on her? If she’s right, what she saw might upend both her marriage and her very freedom. But Hayden can’t risk making accusations, not without proof. After all, it’s not the first time she’s seen something that wasn’t there.

MY REVIEW:

WE DON'T LEAVE IS ANOTHER BRILLANT PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER BY THE AWESOME EMERALD O'BRIEN. EMERALD IS A MASTERFUL STORY TELLER WHO CREATES VERY COMPLEX AND BELIEVABLE CHARACTERS AND STORYLINES IN HER BOOKS.  IN WE DON'T LEAVE, THE AUTHOR ADDRESSES ADDICTION AND HOW IT AFFECTS A RELATIONSHIP AND WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN ORDER TO BUILD TRUST. HAYDEN AND SID ARE WORKING ON BUILDING TRUST AGAIN IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP BUT IT HASN'T BEEN EASY FOR HAYDEN WHO QUESTIONS EVERYTHING GOING ON IN HER LIFE.  SHE DOESN'T KNOW IF SHE CAN TRUST HER HUSBAND AGAIN OR NOT OR IF SHE IS SEEING THINGS ONCE AGAIN. I DEFINITELY DID NOT TRUST HIM FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. SID WAS VERY CONTROLLING AND PUSHING HAYDEN TO DO THINGS HIS WAY. EMERALD TAKES YOU ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER LEAVING YOU GUESSING WHAT IS THE TRUTH AND WHAT IS NOT. YOU WILL BE COMPLETELY TAKEN BY SURPRISE WHEN THE TRUTH IS REVEALED IN THE END. THERE ARE A LOT OF TWIST AND TURNS THAT WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING UNDER THE VERY END. 

I REALLY LOVED WE DON'T LEAVE.  I WAS HOOKED FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE AND I WAS KEPT IN SUSPENSE UNTIL THE VERY END.  IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ONE OF EMERALD'S BOOKS, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING.  THIS STORY IS A DEFINITELY A MUST READ FOR ALL FANS OF PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLERS.  I REALLY ENJOY EMERALD'S WRITING, CHARACTERS AND STORIES.  5 STARS
 
Biography Emerald O'Brien is a Canadian author, born and raised just east of Toronto, Ontario. She graduated from her Television Broadcasting and Communications Media program at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. In 2014, Emerald decided to pursue her life-long passion for writing unpredictable stories packed with suspense. When she is not reading or writing, Emerald can be found with family and friends. Watching movies with her two beagles is one of her favourite ways to spend an evening at home. To find out more, visit Emerald on her website: http://emeraldobrien.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment