INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, July 23, 2021

Echoes of the Runes Book Tour and Giveaway

 


Echoes of the Runes
Runes #1
by Christina Courtenay
Genre: Fantasy Romance 


*** 2021 Romance Writers of America Vivian Award Finalist ***

Winner of the 2021 RNA Romantic Fantasy Novel Award.

'Wow! This book should come with warning! It's almost as addictive as chocolate!' 5* reader review

'Fabulous. Highly recommended for fans of Barbara Erskine and Susanna Kearsley - and if you want a thumping good read' 5* reader review

Brimming with romance, adventure and vivid historical detail, Christina Courtenay does for the Vikings what Diana Gabaldon's Outlander and Clanlans does for Scottish history. This pacy, evocative and romantic dual-time novel is perfect for fans of Barbara Erskine.

***Don't miss Christina's stunning timeslip novels, The Runes of Destiny, out now and Whispers of the Runes, available to preorder now! Search 9781472282682.***

'Completely magical' NICOLA CORNICK

'A rich, dual-timeline story that totally drew me in' SUE MOORCROFT

'A fabulous adventure, with characters I loved!' JO THOMAS


Their love was forbidden. But echoed in eternity.

When Mia inherits her beloved grandmother's summer cottage, Birch Thorpe, in Sweden, she faces a dilemma. Her fiance Charles urges her to sell and buy a swanky London home, but Mia cannot let it go easily. The request to carry out an archaeological dig for more Viking artefacts like the gold ring Mia's grandmother also left her, offers her a reprieve from a decision - and from Charles.
Whilst Mia becomes absorbed in the dig's discoveries, she finds herself drawn to archaeologist Haakon Berger. Like her, he can sense the past inhabitants whose lives are becoming more vivid every day. Trying to resist the growing attraction between them, Mia and Haakon begin to piece together the story of a Welsh noblewoman, Ceri, and the mysterious Viking, known as the 'White Hawk', who stole her away from her people in 869 AD.
As the present begins to echo the past, and enemies threaten Birch Thorpe's inhabitants, they will all have to fight to protect what has become most precious to each of them...

'Courtenay's writing brings the past vividly to life, using dual-period narrative to brilliant effect' Historical Novels Review

'I was compelled to read on as I was caught up in the adventure, intrigue and romance of the dual timelines' SUE FORTIN

'Sparklingly authentic - and page-turning' MAGGIE SULLIVAN

'Rich in Viking history...intrigue, adventure and romance' GLYNIS PETERS

'Christina Courtenay weaves the threads of her contemporary and Viking love stories together expertly and the novel moves along at a cracking pace. The characters are appealing and the rural Swedish setting is engaging' JUDITH LENNOX




Christina Courtenay writes historical romance, time slip and time travel stories, and lives in Herefordshire (near the Welsh border) in the UK. Although born in England, she has a Swedish mother and was brought up in Sweden – hence her abiding interest in the Vikings. Christina is a former chairman of the UK’s Romantic Novelists’ Association and has won several awards, including the RoNA for Best Historical Romantic Novel twice with Highland Storms (2012) and The Gilded Fan (2014) and the RNA Fantasy Romantic Novel of the year 2021 with Echoes of the Runes.  Whispers of the Runes (time travel published by Headline 24th June 2021) is her latest novel. Christina is a keen amateur genealogist and loves history and archaeology (the armchair variety).







Follow the blitz HERE for special content and a giveaway!

$75 Amazon giftcard OR Paypal 



No comments:

Post a Comment