INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, October 3, 2019

XYZ Book Tour and Giveaway


XYZ
:
One
Man, two kids, ten devices and an internet-sized generation gap
by
William Knight


Genre:
Humorous Fiction 

From
a former Guardian and BBC writer, and author of 
The
Donated,
 comes
a hilarious story of mid-life crisis, family, technology, and coping
with the modern workplace.


Jack
Cooper is a depressed, analogue throwback; a cynical, alcoholic
Gen-Xer whose glory days are behind him. He’s unemployed, his
marriage has broken down, he’s addicted to internet hook-ups, and
is deeply ashamed of his son Geronimo, who lives life dressed as a
bear.


When
Jack’s daughter engineers a job for him at totally-lit tech firm
Sweet, he’s confronted by a Millennial and Zoomer culture he can’t
relate to. He loathes every detail – every IM, gif and emoji –
apart from Freya, twenty years his junior and addicted to
broadcasting her life on social media.

Can
Jack evolve to fit in at Sweet, or will he remain a dinosaur stuck in
the 1980s? And will he halt his slide into loneliness and repair his
family relationships?

XYZ
is for every Gen-Xer who ever struggled with a device, and for
everyone else who loves emojis ... said no one ever.

Essential
reading for anyone in the workplace over 40, and a handbook for those
cocky bastards who are not.’
Paula
(Boomer, wannabe GenX)












William
Knight's writing credits include The Guardian, The Financial Times
and the BBC, among many others publications, where he has written
about the successes and failings of technology.


He
currently lives in Wellington, NZ, where he works as an IT consultant
and writes blistering content for technology firms.

The
Donated, (first published as Generation), is a thriller based on the
dangers of experimenting with viral DNA and ignoring science. It
features a techno-phobic journo.

XYZ
is a mid-life car crash. Jack Cooper works for a super-cool tech firm
and can't operate his own mobile phone. Besides, his life is falling
apart because his family is addicted to the internet.

Other
novels, The Fractured and Foretold, may be available "one day"
he says.










Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive content and a giveaway!





No comments:

Post a Comment