INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Warrior and the Wanderer by Elizabeth Holcombe


Warrior and the Wanderer - Banner


BOOK INFO



TITLE – Warrior and the Wanderer

AUTHOR – Elizabeth Holcombe

GENRE – Scottish historical romance/time travel

PUBLICATION DATE – December 23, 2014

LENGTH (Pages/# Words) - 249 pages

PUBLISHER – Amazon Kindle

COVER ARTIST – Fiona Jayde Media Designs




BOOK SYNOPSIS


An impossible adventure. A fierce, undeniable desire.





Infamous Scottish bad boy, Ian MacLean, takes a road trip to sort out his mess of a life and lands five hundred years in the past. He is taken hostage into what he is certain is a band of extreme Highland role players. The only bright light in this strange situation is his insanely beautiful warrior-princess captor who wields her claymore as well as her fiery feral charms.

 
To gain a strong ally for her clan, flame-haired Bess Campbell reluctantly married a powerful Highland chief who had no intentions of uniting the clans. After murdering her clan chief, he chains her to a rock condemning her to die in the rising tide, until a strangely dressed but startlingly handsome man emerges from the waves like a mythical selkie and rescues her. Bess learns her most odd savior has the same name as her murdering husband—MacLean—and makes him her prisoner.


Fearing she may have captured a madman, Bess forces Ian to journey through Scotland chasing down a killer.

She finds Ian’s strange ways oddly endearing and uncommonly useful to her quest for revenge. Ian struggles to find a way back to his time, while being pulled deeper into his role in the past and his undeniable attraction for the fiery Highland warrior princess, Bess Campbell.















BUY & TBR LINKS






EXCERPT




She knelt at his feet and began smoothing the plaid across the cold stone floor, felt him watching her every move. “Ye’d best pay close attention,” she said, “because I’m no’ gonnae do this for ye again.”

“Too humiliating?”




“Should be humiliating for ye, to have me show ye how to properly dress yourself.” “Actually, I find it charming, in a weird sort of way.”


Bess ignored the last comment and folded the bottom third of the plaid into thick pleats. She slipped the rope under them.




“Lay on the plaid,” she said. “Place yer waist at the rope in case ye’ve forgotten.” “Oh, yer sarcasm tears me apart, Blaze.”
 


“If it would help to tear down yer arrogance then we’d be better served, and stop calling me Blaze.” He grimaced as he folded his body down to kneel beside her.
 

“Your wound...,” she began.




“Is nothing,” he said behind clenched teeth as he lowered his body on top of the plaid.


He rested supine before her. Bess drew in a deep breath. She hovered over him, grasped the ends on the rope in her fists, tied it about his waist, and then adjusted the pleats under the belt.
 

Ian moaned from far back in his throat. Perspiration glistened across his forehead.
 

“Ye claim your wound is nothing, d’ye?” she chided, loosening the rope belt. Ian gave her a small forced smile.</ div>
 

She continued to dress him. Her fingers smoothed the wool over his hard waist, over his lean hips, and down the ridge of muscle on his thighs. Feigning indifference was the most difficult part of her task.




“Ye may stand now,” she said. “I’ll help ye.”




“No thanks,” he said struggling to sit up, “you’ve done quite enough.”




She ignored his protest.




“Bursting your stitches is no’ a sign of bravery, ’tis a sign of stupidity.” She took up his left arm and placed it over her shoulders. “Stand with me.”




“I can do it on my own,” he said.




“Ye’re just another arrogant bastard, a typical MacLean,” she said helping him anyway.


“Have you ever thought that all MacLean’s aren’t forged from the same iron as your husband?” he asked.



“Ye betrayed my trust, so aye, I do think all MacLean’s are alike,” she said.</ span>



“But what sort of man would I be if I didn’t try to escape?” he asked.




She paused. He had her there. Of course she expected he would try to escape. That was why she had chained and tied him up in the first place.




Ian on his feet, Bess took a step backward. She could not help but allow her gaze to fall down the long length of his body and discovered her task was not complete.




She bent down, and scooped up the rest of the plaid dangling from his waist and tossed it over his shoulder. He remained silent, a blessing, as she tucked the end of the plaid under the rope belt. Task done, Bess surveyed Ian, and her knees suddenly weakened.




Dear God, she thought, he’s the Highlander of my dreams, of my heart. He is the one who could make love possible, if he wasnae so arrogant and odd, and I wasnae so bound to my clan. If ‘twas another time...



AUTHOR BIO



Elizabeth Holcombe’s background includes Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Fine Arts and Art History from Virginia Commonwealth University in her hometown of Richmond. She has taught elementary school and adult education courses on architecture in Rochester, Minnesota, and then worked as a fine arts museum registrar at the Flint Institute of Arts in Michigan.




Although she’s been writing since age ten, it wasn’t until after the birth of her son that she began penning book-length fiction. A past president of Washington Romance Writers, Elizabeth has also organized two highly successful seminars on romance for The Smithsonian Associates.




Elizabeth’s first published Scottish romance novel, Heaven and the Heather (originally published by Berkley/Jove of Penguin Putnam), was a finalist for Best Historical Romance in the Holt Medallion, nominated by Romantic Times




Reviewer’s Choice for Best First Historical Romance and the Dorothy Parker Reviewer’s Choice Award.




Elizabeth lives in Falls Church, Virginia with her husband and son. She is also the proud owner of Dime Store Chic, ranked in the top 50 for vintage shops on Etsy.com. When not writing or crafting her mixed media creations, Elizabeth frequents local estate sales and flea markets.






AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS





Tour Organized & Hosted by

buttonmfh

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Victoria!~~Thank you SO much for featuring my book on your lovely lovely blog! Cheers and Slainte!~~Elizabeth Holcombe

    ReplyDelete