INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Review of Maxed Out by C.S. McDonald


 

The Owl’s Nest Couturier Shoppe is a huge success! Business is booming and Alexa Owl’s love life is heating up. Yet much to the seamstress’s dismay, Detective Bobby Starr is suddenly back again! Bobby isn’t your everyday gumshoe. Rather, he’s an angel who’s trying to earn a place in Saint Peter’s Guardian Angel Squad. He’s required to solve murders he had left unsettled from when he walked the earth in order to be accepted into this prestigious group. Of course, they will need to return to the time period in which the murder took place, and again, Alexa is a reluctant time traveler. Oh, and there’s one more little problem—this time, Bobby’s brought along a friend, Maxi Krogen, and she’s no angel!

MY REVIEW:

MAXED OUT IS THE SECOND BOOK IN THE NEST MYSTERIES AND JUST AS ENTERTAINING AND FUN AS THE FIRST BOOK.  ALEXA IS BACK AGAIN TO HELP DETECTIVE BOBBY STAR GET HIS GUARDIAN ANGEL WINGS BY SOLVING CRIMES LEFT UNRESOLVED DURING HIS LIFETIME. THIS TIME HE BROGHT ALONG A FRIEND, MAXI KROGEN AND THEY WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL BACK TO THE 1950'S TO SOLVE MAXI'S HUSBAND'S MURDER.

MAXED OUT IS A COZY MYSTERY THAT WILL ENTERTAIN YOU AND LEAVE YOU WANTING MORE.  THERE ARE SOME INTERESTING AND FUN CHARACTERS WHO WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH. I WAS DRAWN TO THE STORY BECAUSE OF THE COVER AND THE FACT THAT IT TAKES PLACE IN PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA WHICH HAS A LOT OF HISTORY AND BECAUSE I LIVE IN PENNSYLVANIA. I ALSO PICKED IT BECAUSE C.S. MCDONALD IS A FAVORITE AUTHOR OF MINE AND I REALLY ENJOY HER WRITING AND STORIES.  

MAXED OUT IS COZY MYSTERY READ THAT WILL HAVE YOU TRYING TO SOLVE A MURDER.  YOU WILL ENJOY THE CHARACTERS AND SUSPENSE AND EVEN THE TOUCH OF ROMANCE WITH CLIFF. MUST READ FOR EVERYONE.  5 STARS.





C.S. McDonald taught dance and choreographed shows for twenty-six years. Nowadays, she resides with her husband, Bill, and her poorly behaved Cocker Spaniel, Allister, on their Thoroughbred farm, Fly-by-Night Stables, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. George the Pony is a real pony who lives among the tall Thoroughbreds on their farm.

In 2016, Ms. McDonald decided to write a cozy mystery series. The Fiona Quinn Mysteries are quick clean reads for anyone 10 to 110! You'll love Fiona and the quirky, but oh so charming, Detective Landry. Fiona is a kindergarten teacher and an unlikely sleuth from Pittsburgh. If you've never been to Pittsburgh, welcome to this wonderful city! If you live in Pittsburgh, you're sure to recognize many of the venues featured in the books. Ms. McDonald has even sprinkled a little Pittsburghese into her stories just for fun. Yinz will love it!

Hey! Don't miss C.S. McDonald's new addition to Fiona Quinn Mysteries--Fiona Quinn QUICK Mysteries! What's that? Short Stories (about 30/40 pages) for a quick bedtime read or if you're stuck with a long wait in a doctor's office (we've all been there). Four shorts in all. Check them out!

Okay, now for something seriously new--a new cozy mystery series, The Owl's Nest Mysteries--Meet Alexa Owl. She's returned home to Pittsburgh to start a new business, the Owl's Nest Couturier Shop. This series has a little grit, a little time travel, a little romance, and a whole lotta cozy! Book #1 Back to the Burgh and Beyond has received great reviews! Book #2 MAXED OUT is slated for an April, 2021 release!

By the way, all of the Fiona Quinn Mysteries and short stories are now available on Audible--narrated by the talented, Maren Swenson Waxenberg! BACK TO THE BURGH AND BEYOND/Owl's Nest Mystery #1 is also available on Audible.

Hey! You can check out all the books, listen to excerpts from the audiobooks and more at C.S. McDonald's website: www.georgethepony.com

1 comment: