INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Uncontrolled Book Tour and Giveaway


The
Uncontrolled:
Hiding
Can't Save You From Robotic Smiles
by
Zachary Astrowsky
Genre:
YA Cyberpunk SciFi 

Tracking
Devices, Mind Control, and Visions of the Future


An
action-packed adventure set against the loss of
 free
will that comes from a mind control serum.
 





The
robotic way people smile is John's first inclination that things are
not quite as they seem in Amber City.





At
the age of fourteen, everyone is "vaccinated" with a
biological implant that makes people controllable. John is supposed
to get his shot the very next day, until he and his parents find out
about the mind-controlling chip requiring his family to devise a plan
to put a stop to this once and for all, but things don't go exactly
as planned.



Along
with his friend Chase, and an irrepressible girl named Hazel, the
three of them find themselves in the world of the controlled, where
they must try to escape the notice of this powerful society and its
leader, Crofar. As the trio of teenagers attempt to defeat Crofar on
their own, they stumble upon the Renegades, a formidable group of
"the uncontrolled," led by Maximus.

Warily
forming an alliance with the teenagers, the numbers are not in their
favor, and the uncontrolled are barely holding their own. Until that
is, they realize they have a secret weapon. John starts to have
regular visions of the future, which can change in interesting ways
when certain variables are adjusted.

While
John has visions they can use to win the war against Crofar, things
become complicated because Crofar has visions too. With two
adversaries who can see the future, only one can outsmart the
other.

The
Uncontrolled is an adventurous, sci-fi book written by award-winning
teen author Zachary Astrowsky.



TCK
Publishing Readers Choice Awards Winner 2018, MG/YA Category

Purple
Dragonfly Book Award Winner, Honorable Mention, June 2018

Royal
Dragonfly Book Award 2nd Place Winner, November 2018

Story
Monsters Approved






It
all began on a trip to NYC when I was five. I couldn't read yet,
but I wanted to understand every sign and billboard I saw. I
began putting letters together and for my birthday a few months
later, I was requesting the fourth book in the Harry Potter
series. Reading allowed my mind to explore and create
stories, and as a young child I began filling them with colorful
characters and sharing them with anyone and everyone who would
listen. Since then, I’ve progressed quite a bit to formulating
longer and more complex stories and eventually completing my first
novel, The Uncontrolled.




Follow
the tour
HERE
for special content and a giveaway!








No comments:

Post a Comment