INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, March 29, 2019

Anniversary Celebration


The
BookTube Your Shelf Daily Reader turns one year old this March. [Cue
the party music!] The time has flown by so quickly. My to-be-read
list has expanded even faster. As a reader, you know that is both a
good and bad thing. LOL!

YouTube
for the Bookish?

YouTube.com
is the second most visited website in the world - where over 1.9
billion logged-in users visit each month. And each day, people watch
over a billion hours of video and generate billions of views. While
many people are aware of the music videos, make-up channels and
gaming channels on the platform, far fewer know about the great
bookish content available on YouTube. BookTube is a community of
content creators on YouTube that film videos about books. The
BookTube Your Shelf Daily Reader is a daily online newspaper
featuring social shares from booktubers (including authortubers) and
some bookish neighbors (like bloggers and readers). Are you familiar
with BookTube?

Once
Upon A Time...

Between
changes in YouTube's algorithm and my book reading taste, it was a
struggle for me to keep up with my favorite booktubers and keep
a look-out for new booktubers. I knew many other fans of BookTube
were having similar problems.

When
YouTube changed it's monetization rules in early 2018, many people,
including myself, worried about it's overall impact on small content
creators. As I looked at my personal BookTube channel list, I
thought, "What can I do to help support and encourage bookish
content creators?" Then poof! The idea for The BookTube Your
Shelf Daily Reader popped into my head. [Yes, with a poof]. What
started out as an idea in March of 2018 has morphed into a passion
project with an online newspaper and email newsletter.

Find
Your Next Favorite...

One
of the goals of The BookTube Your Shelf Daily Reader project is to
help you find your next favorite booktuber. Check out the Videos
section of TBYSDR for suggestions on bookish YouTube videos to watch.
It features over 25 videos each
day. 
https://paper.li/Readeropolis/1517059010#/videos

Another goal of the
project is to help you find your next great read. In The BookTube
Your Shelf web newspaper, you'll find a variety of posts like:
  • Book
    News
  • Book
    Giveaways
  • Book
    Reviews
  • Videos
    about Books
  • Videos
    about Reading
  • Videos
    about Writing
  • Book Trailers

Don't
Miss A Thing.

Don't
struggle with searching for book-related videos in the YouTube hay
stack. Subscribe to The BookTube Your Shelf Daily Reader Email
Newsletter to have the paper delivered to
your email inbox. 
https://paper.li/Readeropolis/1517059010#/

Be
sure to "Like" the TBYSDR Facebook page to stay
up-to-date on the latest
edition. 
https://www.facebook.com/BookTubeYourShelf/


But
wait... there's more!

During
March I will be hosting a month-long event called BookTube Z to A,
highlighting BookTube channels on YouTube, at the Readeropolis book
blog. Look for the hashtag #BookTubeZtoA on your favorite social
sites.  

You
can follow all of the anniversary celebration events by joining the
Facebook anniversary event page (click "Going" to get
updates): 
https://www.facebook.com/events/358689728051151/


So,
let's chat in in the comments.

Do
you watch book-related videos on YouTube? What are some of your
favorite BookTube Channels?

Have you checked
out the latest edition of The BookTube Your Shelf Daily
Reader?


BookTube,
keep doing what you're doing. You're hands down amazing!



Mayor
Sonni: Reader extraordinaire. Mayor of the Readeropolis book blog.
Content curator. Lover of books, lists, sweet tea, and vacations.
Well, not necessarily in that order.

Are you connected?
You can find her all over the Internet under the handle Readeropolis.








Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!














1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hosting the anniversary tour! I really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete