INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, May 7, 2021

Review of the Shape of Darkness (Heavy Lies the Crown) by D. Fischer

An instant bestselling tale of empowering women in the face of impossible odds, perfect for Sarah J. Maas and Holly Black fans. For ten years, Nefari Ashcroft, princess of the Shadow Kingdom, has hidden. For ten years, she’s endured the memory of everyone she’s lost. Half the shadow people are dead, the other half are enslaved, and her once prosperous kingdom is nothing but an elaborate mass grave. Now, dark magic has allowed the Queen of Salix to wreak havoc on the realm; wraiths hunt from the sky, the harvestmen march across the land, and the bone criers pick apart the flesh of the corpses left behind. Nefari was prophesied to rise and be the sword of the realm. With her bright starlight magic, she was born to conquer the darkness. And for ten years, she’s trained to do just that. . . It should be easy to step into the position her mother let for her, since everyone thought she died the day her kingdom was destroyed. But staying hidden - remaining ‘nobody’ - is simpler than accepting her dark past, enduring her harrowing fate, and claiming her broken crown. This series is a detailed world full of legends and myths given flesh, and a princess chosen to save them all.

MY REVIEW:

NEFARI IS ONE OF THE SURVIVORS OF THE SHADOW PEOPLE. SHE LOST EVERYTHING 10 YEARS AGO INCLUDING HER PARENTS AND BEST FRIENDS. NOW SHE IS TRYING TO LIVE WITH THE LOSS AND TRAIN TO SAVE HER PEOPLE. NEFARI IS FILLED WITH GUILT THAT HER FRIENDS WERE LEFT BEHIND AND SHE WAS SAVED. NEFARI DOUBTS WHO SHE IS, HER ABILITIES AND THE PROPHESY  SHE DOES NOT BELIEVE SHE IS THE FUTURE QUEEN OF THE SHADOW PEOPLE AND DOES NOT THINK SHE CAN DO ANYTHING TO SAVE THEM.  WILL NEFARI FINALLY EXCEPT WHO SHE IS AND THE PROPHESY?

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE YA FANTASY SERIES.  D. FISCHER HAS CREATED AN AMAZING WORLD FILLED WITH WELL DEVELOPED AND STRONG CHARACTERS. NEFARI IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER.  SHE WAS VERY WELL WRITTEN BY THE AUTHOR AND IS VERY STRONG AND CARING BUT ALSO CARRIES A HEAVY BURDEN ON HER SHOULDERS. D. FISHER, AUTHOR'S WRITING BRINGS THIS STORY AND CHARACTERS TO LIFE ON THE PAGES.  SHE TAKES YOU ON NEFARI'S JOURNEY AND THROUGH HER WORDS AND DESCRIPTIONS YOU ARE PART OF THIS STORY. I LOVE THE DIFFERENT PARANORMAL CREATURES IN THE STORY. IT BRINGS THE STORY TO LIFE. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES TO SEE WHERE NEFARI'S JOURNEY TAKES HER.  THIS IS A MUST READ SERIES AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.  5 STARS.


 
Biography USA Today bestselling and two-time Iowa award-winning author D. Fischer is a mother of two very busy boys, a wife to wonderful husband, and an owner of two sock-loving German Shorthair Pointers. They also have a cat named Geralt, but since Geralt adopted them and not the other way around, the cat is more of a tenant who occasionally purr-purrs for his rent, if he’s not too busy murdering nerf darts. Together, they live in Orange City, Iowa. When D. Fischer isn’t chasing after her children, she spends her time typing like a mad woman while consuming vast amounts of caffeine. Sometimes, if her husband can manage to remind her of the real world outside her office window, they hike! Known for the darker side of imagination, she enjoys freeing her creativity through worlds that don’t exist, no matter how much we wish they did. You can follow D. Fischer on Amazon, Bookbub, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or join her VIP Reader's Group on Facebook: D. Fischer Reader's Group - Creatures of Divinus Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment