INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Scenes of Mild Peril Book Tour and Giveaway


Scenes
of Mild Peril
by
David Court

Genre:
Horror
/ Sci-fi / Satire , Short Stories

Across
thirty disquieting stories, we'll encounter such tales as,
"Sovereign's Last Hurrah", featuring a team of retired
super-powered villains embarking on one last caper with their
legendary super-hero rival.


"A
Comedian Walks into a Bar", in which a hungry and ambitious
amateur learns that the fabled secret of comedy may come at too high
a cost. "83", where the interview for a dream job
becomes a nightmare, and "In Vino Veritas, In Vino Mors",
where a dying wine collector takes part in a very special tasting
session, courtesy of a very special visitor.

You'll
encounter possessed little fingers, magic swords, sanity-defying
factories, stranded astronauts, lovecraftian librarians, virulent
plagues, and pork scratchings ... all with a twist in the tale,
courtesy of the equally twisted mind of David Court.









Check
out the podcasts here!





David
Court is a short story author and novelist, whose works have appeared
in over a dozen venues including Tales to Terrify, Strangely Funny,
Fears Accomplice and The Voices Within. Whilst primarily a horror
writer, he also writes science fiction, poetry and satire. 


His
writing style has been described as "Darkly cynical" and
"Quirky and highly readable" and David can't bring himself
to disagree with either of those statements.

Growing
up in the UK in the eighties, David's earliest influences were the
books of Stephen King and Clive Barker, and the films of John
Carpenter and George Romero. The first wave of Video Nasties may also
have had a profound effect on his psyche.

As
well as being a proud VIP writer for Stitched Smile Publications,
David works as a Software Developer and lives in Coventry with his
wife, three cats and an ever-growing beard. David's wife once asked
him if he'd write about how great she was. David replied that he
would, because he specialized in short fiction. Despite that, they
are still married.








Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!















No comments:

Post a Comment