INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Diary of a Sorceress Book Tour and Giveaway


Diary
of a Sorceress
by
Ashley Dioses

Genre:
Dark Poetry

The
young poet Ashley Dioses has already established herself as a leading
voice in contemporary weird poetry. Known for her meticulous use of
rhyme and meter, her deft melding of the strange and the erotic, and
her novel treatments of such age-old themes as the vampire, the
witch, and the ghoul, Dioses now gathers the best of her recent
poetry into her first collection—a scintillating assemblage of
nearly 100 poems short and long, published and unpublished.



With
this single volume, Ashley Dioses takes her place as a worthy
successor to the long line of California Romantics, beginning with
Ambrose Bierce, Clark Ashton Smith, and Nora May French, and carrying
on with Donald Sidney-Fryer and K. A. Opperman (The Crimson Tome),
with whom she has worked closely.











Ashley
began writing at the age of 12. Upon discovering the macabre work of
Edgar Allan Poe, she took a borderline obsessive interest in writing
horror and dark fantasy poetry and even a few fantasy novels. Her
favorite authors of horror and fantasy at that time were Stephen
King, Dean Koontz, J.R.R. Tolkien, Piers Anthony, and Brian Jacques
who also influenced her work.


She
wrote up until her senior year of high school and then took a break
before starting up again after college in 2011. With a nudge from a
new friend, she discovered a new kind of horror, dark fantasy, and
weird work from authors such as Clark Ashton Smith, H.P. Lovecraft,
George Sterling, Donald Sidney-Fryer, and David Park Barnitz.

With
this new treasure trove of horror and weird authors, she began to
broaden her writing.

Aside
from writing, her other passion is martial arts. When she was 12 she
started practicing a shotokan Japanese karate mix (called 'American'
karate) and Judo at Red Dragon until she reached 3rd class brown belt
at 15. At 18 she started practicing Soo Bahk Do, a Korean karate,
where she stayed for four years, getting her black belt and taught as
an instructor for a brief period of time before leaving.








Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive content and a giveaway!










No comments:

Post a Comment