INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

City of Toys By Lindy S. Hudis Women's Fiction



















Title: City of Toys





Author: Lindy S. Hudis





Genre: Women’s Contemporary Fiction





Release Date: February 26, 2013








































Four beautiful women seek fame and fortune in Hollywood, the City of Toys, where actresses are like dolls, playing pretend on the big screen.








Marlo: a former child actress from New York City.





Rhonda: a small-town beauty queen.





Kim: a “nice Jewish girl” with a painful childhood.





Guyla: a “serious actress” with a debilitating, stress-induced illness.








Marlo, Rhonda, Kim, and Guyla, become friends living in the same apartment complex, in the city where dreams and disasters go hand-in-hand. They come to rely on each other as they deal with sexual come-ons, crazed stalkers, jealous starlets and the constant pressure of trying to make it in showbiz. But when the pressure gets too much, will their friendship save them or will the City of Toys break them?
















































































4.5 out of 5 Star Rating on Amazon US








5 STARS





City of Toys is a dark and disturbing story about four young women who live in Los Angeles, California, and are persuing careers in the entertainment business. Although the story has been told before – a la “Valley of the Dolls”- the author takes a unique approach to a story that never seems to get old” ~ Marla Martenson











5 STARS





“This is a novel that is pure escapement and fun. Although some parts and hard to read at times, and I found myself having to literally put the book down and ask myself "did I really read that?" it is an entertaining and interesting read.” ~ Amazon Customer











5 STARS





"City of Toys" is a gritty story . . If you are squeamish, then this is not the book for you. Highly recommend.” ~ Luscious Reader











4 STARS





“Though this isn't usually my genre, I was engaged from the first chapter onward. The author paints a tough and uncompromising picture of the cost of trying to make it in Hollywood. A dark tale, it's well-written and insightful. Unflinching descriptions of various scenarios makes one believe this fiction is based on reality. Highly recommended!” ~ Glass Dr.









































Lindy S. Hudis is a graduate of New York University, where she studied drama at Tisch School of the Arts. She is the author of several titles, including her romance suspense novel, Weekends, her "Hollywood" story City of Toys, and her crime novel, Crashers. She is also the author of an erotic short story series, "The S&M Club" and "The Mile High Club". Her short film “The Lesson” was screened at the Seattle Underground Film Festival and Cine-Nights in 2000. She is also an actress, having appeared in the television daytime drama "Sunset Beach". She and her husband, Hollywood stuntman Stephen Hudis, have formed their own production company called Impact Motion Pictures, and have several projects and screenplays in development. She lives in California with her husband and two children.












Lindy S. Hudis Twitter: https://twitter.com/lindyscribe
































1 comment: