INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, February 19, 2018

Review of Goth Girl Virgin Queen by JoAnne Keltner




Calling Jackie Turov psychic makes her cringe. But Jackie’s no normal seventeen-year-old. She picks up emotions from people and objects like a freak. The emotions make her sick, and the guilt she feels for lying to her church when she was twelve causes her to deny her psychic abilities.

So Jackie goes goth to make others stay away from her and forget her past. But her past is soon resurrected when her jealous friend Trish invites a demon, a persecutor of healers, to steal away Jason’s love for Jackie. The demon causes Jackie to be bullied for the lie she told and puts her best friend, Jason, in danger.

Jackie must learn how to use her gift to protect Jason and herself and to heal the negative energies of those around her. To do so means she must overcome her guilt and accept who she is before the demon claims her soul.

MY REVIEW:

GOTH GIRL VIRGIN QUEEN IS THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ BY JOANNE KELTNER AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST ONE.  I AM A BIG FAN OF PARANORMAL.  GOTH GIRL QUEEN IS A YA PARANORMAL STORY.  I REALLY ENJOYED JACKIE'S CHARACTER.  JACKIE HAS A GIFT.  SHE IS A PSYCHIC.  JACKIE PICKS UP EMOTION FROM PEOPLE AND OBJECTS.  SHE THINKS SHE IS A FREAK AND TRIES TO DENY HER GIFT.  THE KIDS AT SCHOOL TREAT HER DIFFERENTLY AND LIKE A FREAK.  WHEN HER FRIEND, JASON AND HIS FAMILY IS IN DANGER, SHE HAS TO LEARN TO USE HER GIFT TO PROTECT HERSELF.  WILL SHE SUCCEED IN TIME?

I REALLY LOVED GOTH GIRL VIRGIN QUEEN.  I LOVED ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY AND I LOVED THE PARANORMAL ASPECT THE MOST.  JACKIE LIED TO THE CHURCH WHEN SHE WAS YOUNGER AND EVER SINCE SHE FEELS GUILTY AND TRIES TO DENY HER GIFT.  JACKIE LEARNS SHE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO USE HER GIFT TO HELP PEOPLE AND HER FRIENDS.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WITH JACKIE. I LOVE JOANNE KELTNER'S WRITING AND WOULD LOVE TO READ MORE OF HER BOOKS.  4 STARS 





Biography
JoAnne Keltner is the author of Goth Girl, Virgin Queen (Solstice Publishing, 2015) and Obsession (Musa Publishing, 2013 ed.). As an only child and avid daydreamer, she spent hours alone in her backyard on the South Side of Chicago, which she imagined to be everything from an alien planet to Antarctica. She currently lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, with her husband, four dogs, cat, and chickens. When she isn’t writing or freelance editing, she’s obsessively streaming popular TV shows.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Victoria, for taking the time to review Goth Girl Virgin Queen and for the wonderful review. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And yes, there will be a book two and three.

    ReplyDelete