INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Qing Dynasty Mysteries Book Tour and Giveaway


Murder
in the Forbidden City
Qing Dynasty Mysteries
Book 1
by
Amanda Roberts
Genre: Historical
Mystery



216 pages

Peking,
1867


When
one of the Empress’s ladies-in-waiting is killed in the Forbidden
City, she orders Inspector Gong to find the killer. Unfortunately, as
a man, he is forbidden from entering the Inner Court. How is he
supposed to solve a murder when he cannot visit the scene of the
crime or talk to the women in the victim’s life? He won’t be able
to solve this crime alone.

The
widowed Lady Li is devastated when she finds out about the murder of
her sister-in-law, who was serving as the Empress’s
lady-in-waiting. She is determined to discover who killed her, even
if it means assisting the rude and obnoxious Inspector Gong and going
undercover in the Forbidden City.

Together,
will Lady Li and Inspector Gong be able to find the murderer before
he – or she – strikes again?







Murder
in the British Quarter
Qing
Dynasty Mysteries Book 2

When
a young Chinese woman is murdered within the British Quarter of the
foreign legation, Inspector Gong is ordered by the Imperial Court to
solve the crime before the incident escalates into war between China
and the foreign powers. The only problem? Inspector Gong doesn’t
speak English. And he is hardly the type of man to be accepted by the
British elite living in Peking. 


Once
again, he must turn to the one woman who can help him. The woman he
can’t stop thinking about. 

Lady
Li is trying to forget about Inspector Gong. He’s a danger to
herself, her position, and her children’s future. But when he comes
once again knocking on her door and asking for her assistance in
solving a case, she can’t resist, despite her better
judgment. 

Lady
Li’s language and diplomatic abilities allow her to freely enter
the world of the Western visitors, but tensions between the
foreigners and local people are increasing by the hour.

Will
Lady Li and Inspector Gong be able to solve the crime without the
answer leading China to war?
 







Amanda
Roberts is a writer and editor who has been living in China since
2010. Amanda has an MA in English from the University of Central
Missouri. She has been published in magazines, newspapers, and
anthologies around the world and she regularly contributes to
numerous blogs. Amanda can be found all over the Internet, but her
home is TwoAmericansinChina.com.






Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive excerpts and a giveaway!





No comments:

Post a Comment