INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Review of Knight Blindness by Chris Karlsen



BOOK DESCRIPTION

Given a choice between the pleasant life you knew centuries ago or
the possibility of all you want in an uncertain new world, which would you choose?

Two men torn through time find themselves in the modern but alien world.
Old enemies, one hunting the other,one discovering love, both fighting private battles to survive.

Book 3 of The Knights in Time Series

Ready for battle, Medieval English knight, Stephen Palmer, charges into the French enemy’s cavalry line. Heeding a warning given months before, he hesitates as he comes face-to-face with the knight in the warning. Struck down in the year 1356, he finds himself landing in the year 2013.
Grievously wounded, he’s taken to a nearby hospital. Confused by the new world surrounding him, he attempts to convince the staff he’s from another time, only to find they think him mad.

Rescued by friends, who, to his surprise, have also come through time, he must find a way to function in this odd modern England. He is quickly enchanted by the kind Esme Crippen, the young woman hired to tutor him. She too is enchanted by him. Tempted to deepen the relationship, she hesitates thinking him adorable, but mad.

He must discover the means for getting her to believe the truth, all the while, unknown to him, he didn’t come forward in time alone. The enemy knight has also traveled to 2013.

French noble, Roger Marchand, doesn’t question why the English knight who charged him hesitated. That fraction of a pause gave him the advantage needed and he brought his sword down upon the Englishman’s helmet hard, unhorsing the knight. He moved to finish the Englishman off when the world changed in a rush of sensations as he is ripped through time.

Seeking a reason for the terrible event, he enters a nearby chapel. There, thinking God has chosen him for a quest to turn French defeat that day in 1356 to victory, he sets out to find the English knight. The man he is convinced holds the key to time. If he returns to the day of the battle, he can warn his king of mistakes that snatched victory from them.

MY REVIEW

I really enjoyed reading Knight Blindness.  I love stories set in Medieval Times.  I especially love the tales of Camelot.  The author did a wonderful job with all the history and the character descriptions.  I loved all the characters in the story.  I found them all very interesting and I definitely want to learn more about them.

I love how the author took two (2) knights and brought them into current time.  It was interesting reading how they both were adjusting especially Stephen.  I found his character very fascinating.  Stephen is a very strong character who did not let his blindness stop him.  Chris did a wonderful job with describing him being blind and all the obstacles he had to go through.  I enjoyed the romance developing between Stephen and Esme, his tutor.  I would have loved to see a lot more romance between them.  They had a lot of chemistry between them and you could feel the love between them.

I love Chris' writing.  She brings her characters to life with her words.  She does an excellent job describing them and I absolutely love the storyline.  I am looking forward to reading the other books in the series.  I highly recommend that you read Chris' book and most especially this series.  4 stars








Chris Karlsen is a retired police detective. She spent twenty-five years in law enforcement with two different agencies. The daughter of a history professor and a voracious reader, she grew up with a love of hisotry and books.
An internationally published author, Chris has traveled extensively throughout Europe, the Near East, and North Africa satisfying her need to visit the places she read about. Having spent a great deal of time in England and Turkey, she has used her love of both places as settings for her books. "Heroes Live Forever," which is her debut book, is set in England as is the sequel, "Journey in Time." Both are part of her "Knights in Time," series. Her third book, to be released in late 2011, "Golden Chariot," is set in Turkey and she is currently working on another set in Turkey, Paris and Cyprus.
Published by Books to Go Now, her novels are available in digital, ebook, and Android App. "Heroes Live Forever," is available in paperback and "Journey in Time," will be made available in paperback in October, 2011 on her publisher's site.
A Chicago native, Chris has lived in Paris and Los Angeles and now resides in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and four rescue dogs. A city girl all her life, living in a small village on a bay was a interesting adjustment. She'd never lived anywhere so quiet at night and traffic wasn't bumper to bumper 24/7.
Some of Chris's favorite authors are: Michael Connolly, John Sandford, Joseph Wambaugh, Stephen Coonts, Bernard Cornwell, Julia Quinn, Julie Anne Long, Deanna Raybourne and Steve Berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment