INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Review of the Sisters of Tall Pines by Emerald O'Brien

Two sisters with a troubled past. A murderer with a kill list. How long until he gets to them? Grace was seven years old when her sister told her she saw a dead body in their childhood foster home. Between that and the drug trafficking her foster father was eventually arrested for, it’s no surprise that Grace wound up a detective. But Grace’s world is turned upside down when she discovers her current homicide investigation is connected to similar murders in the neighbouring city of Amherst. Is she chasing a serial killer? Going back to the city where she began her career is complicated to say the least—her old colleagues seem hellbent on jamming her up. Grace’s sister Madigan isn’t a detective in the official sense, but that doesn’t stop her from answering a call for help from John Talbot, another child who spent time in the same foster home. John believes someone is after him…and it might be related to a crime their foster father committed—one that was never pinned on him. It’s not the first time John has dragged Madigan into a dangerous situation, but her loyalty knows no bounds. When the sisters discover their foster father was murdered in prison, their goals shift to staying alive. It seems that anyone with a connection to their past is in danger. Someone is tying up loose ends…and fast. It’s a race against time. And it will take more than the bonds they’ve forged to survive. Lovers of Tess Gerritsen, Lisa Regan, Kendra Elliot, Allison Brennan, Melinda Leigh, and Meghan O'Flynn are sure to enjoy this gripping, heart-wrenching, and totally unpredictable series by Emerald O'Brien. What readers are saying about the series... "I love Knox and Sheppard." -Crystal Gray, Amazon Review "Love this series... read all 4... couldn't put them down!" -Kristy Cantrell, Amazon Review "... I am very stingy with 5 star ratings but this book grabbed me very early and just got better and better the farther I read... possibly one of my best reads of the year..." -ppsphil, Amazon Review "This series is great and I highly recommend it. Always keeps you coming back and is a thrill to read." -Alexis Sikma, Amazon Review "I loved the whole series." -Karla Kay, Amazon Review "... an edge of your seat read, that's a real page turner. It's definitely a must have..." -Richard Joesten, Amazon Review Reading Order... Book 1: The Girls across the Bay Book 1.5: Wrong Angle, a free novella for Emerald O'Brien's newsletter subscribers Book 2: The Secrets They Keep Book 3: The Lies You Told Book 4: The One Who Watches Book 5: The Sisters of Tall Pines

MY REVIEW:

THE SISTERS OF TALL PINES IS THE 5TH AND FINAL BOOK IN THE KNOX AND SHEPPARD SERIES.  THIS STORY IS A FITTING END TO THE SERIES AND IT WAS NICE TO SEE THE SISTERS FIND THEIR HAPPY ENDINGS.  EMERALD IS A MASTERFUL STORY TELLER AND BRINGS HER CHARACTERS AND STORY TO LIFE. SISTERS OF TALL PINES CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND READING THE BOOKS IN ORDER.  YOU WILL GET SO MUCH MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CHARACTERS AND WHAT HAS HAPPENED.

GRACE AND MADIGAN ARE FOSTER SISTERS WHO ARE SO DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER.  THROUGH THEIR LOVE AND CLOSENESS, THEY ARE ABLVE TO SURVIVE AND ESCAPE A DANGERANGEOUS FOSTER CARE HOME.  EVEN AFTER ESCAPING THE FOSTER CARE HOME, THEY REMAIN IN TOUCH AND VERY CLOSE TO ONE ANOTHER. THROUGH THEIR LOVE AND SUPPORT OF ONE ANOTHER, THEY SURVIVE AND FACE MANY CHALLENGES.  SISTERS OF TALL PINES IS FILLED WITH ALOT OF SUSPENSE, TWIST, TURNS, BETRAYALS AND EVEN FINDING LOVE.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ THIS SERIES AND ANYTHING BY EMERALD O'BRIEN.  SHE IS A FAVORITE AUTHOR OF MINE.  5 STARS.
 
Emerald O'Brien Emerald O'Brien is a Canadian author, born and raised just east of Toronto, Ontario. She graduated from her Television Broadcasting and Communications Media program at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. In 2014, Emerald decided to pursue her life-long passion for writing unpredictable stories packed with suspense. When she is not reading or writing, Emerald can be found with family and friends. Watching movies with her two beagles is one of her favourite ways to spend an evening at home. To find out more, visit Emerald on her website: http://emeraldobrien.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment