INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, September 4, 2020

Reign of Pride Book Tour and Giveaway


Reign of Pride 
Dark Reign Book 1 
by A.G. Kirkham 
Genre: Contemporary Mafia Romance 


Nero was born and raised to take over "La Famiglia". It is his destiny. Along with this power comes traditions, one being marrying a dutiful wife to have dutiful babies and raise them to respect the ways of the family. It is a severe handicap to fall in love. Enemies take those you love and use them to their advantage. Can Nero resist the youth and charm of Felicia or will she be the downfall of his destiny? Can he lose all he desires by letting his heart rule instead of his head? 

Felicia always knew that she would be promised in marriage, but was assured by her father that her future husband would be a man that she could fall in love with and would love her in return. Instead, when an attack hits the school, Felicia grabs her friend's hand and they run for their lives. Her quick thinking saved them both and her reward, Nero. Felicia understands tradition and the ways of the Famiglia but was not prepared to marry the next Capo. How does she make a man made of ice fall in love with her? 





Book Trailer


Stuff about you:

Can you, for those who don't know you already, tell something about yourself and how you became an author? 
 

I have been writing since I was a young 12 year old girl and always escaped into my imagination.  Life gives you a voyage and you ride the sea, going through all the tempest storms and then one day I hit calm waters and I noticed that my writing just started feeling right.  

What is something unique/quirky about you?  

I love to kickbox!

Tell us something really interesting that's happened to you!  

I have a tendency of attracting very interesting people to me.  Grocery stores, vacations, funerals, really odd places.  Each person I meet leaves me with a gift of learning.  Pretty cool!

What are some of your pet peeves?  

My worst pet peeve is false promises.  I totally get that circumstances change but keep me informed! Long lines, rudeness for no apparent reason are a couple of others.

Where were you born/grew up at?  

Born in a room my dad rented in a little town in Italy called Monte San Giovanni Capagna by a midwife.

If you knew you'd die tomorrow, how would you spend your last day?  

I would spend my day writing letters to everyone who meant something to me.  Yes, I could tell them all, but a letter in my handwriting will never be forgotten and they will always have it to look at and read when they needed me.

Who is your hero and why? 
 

SO MANY.  My parents for taking a risk and starting a life in another country, alone with a baby.  They ate, fought, slept and loved.  Always together.

What kind of world ruler would you be? 

A Queen!  With my amazing King! I want to be fair, just and give hope.

What are you passionate about these days?  

My grandchildren.  Bettering the world for those to follow.

What do you do to unwind and relax? 

READ! LOL! and watch movies with my hubby.

How to find time to write as a parent?  

Well I am in the grandparent stage, however I am also part of the sandwich generation where both my parents and kids and grandkids need me.  How do I manage? I carve out time and that is my time.

Describe yourself in 5 words or less!  

Relentless, driven, loving, loyal and adventurous

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

When I took my first paperback out of the box and held it.

Do you have a favorite movie?  

Sixteen Candles with Molly Ringwald

Which of your novels can you imagine made into a movie?  

Right now I would say Reign of Pride.  

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?  

An eagle would be my guide.  Always looking from above leading me where I need to be.
















Stuff about the Book:

What inspired you to write this book? 
 

Reign of Pride came to me when I realized that you may feel like you are in a situation where you may not be allowed the choice you want.  How can we make a life for ourselves in circumstances where we feel powerless.

What can we expect from you in the future?  

I am currently writing my fourth book in my MC Biker romance, RISK.  After that I have my second book in my romance mafia series.

Can you tell us a little bit about the characters in (Name of book)? 

Reign of Pride is the Book.  Nero was raised knowing that the he would one day take over for his father.  He is the second most fear man in his "Famiglia", the first his father.  When it's time to marry, he knows that he must marry a woman who could rise to the occasion of being a Don's wife.  What he is expected to due vs. what he wants and he wants Felicia.
Felicia is a sweet young thing that has also been raised in the Famiglia and knows that one day she will be married to a good man chosen by her father.  Her heart is big and her courage greater, leading her to an unexpected fate.  Her reward for her bravery, Nero!

Where did you come up with the names in the story?  

Nero is the color black and he is the dark side of the couple.  Felicia is sweet and a happy woman.  Her name is happy and festive.

What did you enjoy most about writing this book?  

I loved writing the connection within the family and the struggle finding balance between the light and the dark sides of their lives.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?  

Not at all!  I write with my heart and this is where it led.

If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the lead?  

In Reign of Pride - Henry Cavill

Anything specific you want to tell your readers?  

Life is precious, lead it your way.

If you could spend time with a character from your book whom would it be? And what would you do during that day?  

I would spend the day with the character from my first book Guard.  He is still a very secretive man and I would be spending my day exploring his world.

Are your characters based off real people or did they all come entirely from your imagination?  

Of course we are influenced by the people we know and there are certain traits I see in those around, however, mostly they are people I want to be with and get to know.

Have you written any other books that are not published?  

Only the one I am currently writing.

If your book had a candle, what scent would it be?  

White chocolate with caramel cream scents

Is there a writer whose brain you would love to pick for advice? Who would that be and why?  

So many of them!





















Stuff about Writing/ Reading:

How long have you been writing?  

Since I was 12 years old

Do the characters all come to you at the same time or do some of them come to you as you write?  

It's cool that I am in the midst of writing one book and all of a sudden a completely different character comes to mind and I have to stop and put my thoughts down before I can continue.

Do you see writing as a career?  

Absolutely.  This is where I belong.  This is a dream turning into reality.

What do you think about the current publishing market?  

It is precarious.  Traditional publishing has changed so much and self-publishing is a maze to maneuver. Still it's all worth it! 

Do you read yourself and if so what is your favorite genre?  

I love Romance.  It's just me.

Do you prefer to write in silence or with noise? Why?  

I am guided by music and I have even started writing a playlist at the back of my books.

Do you write one book at a time or do you have several going at a time? 

I have pieces of characters from many books but I only write one book at a time.

Pen or typewriter or computer?  

Pen and computer.  Sometimes I like to see the words flow from my hand and other times my mind is too fast for the pen.

Tell us about a favorite character from a book. 

From the book Orion.  He is strong and passionate.  Facing his fear and learning love doesn't have to end in tragedy.  Sexy, secure, passionate and super intelligent.  Loyal and willing to fight for what he wants.
 
Advice they would give new authors?  

There will be those who love your book and those who don't.  Write for yourself and the rest will come.

What is your writing process? For instance do you do an outline first? Do you do the chapters first?

It's all in my head and then I let the hands just write until it start to feel right.  I know my characters and they just find their way to me when I write.  

Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?  

I write to appeal to women like me.  To women who have lived and been hurt but are willing to take a chance.

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would it be?  

You matter!  Be your authentic self.

How long on average does it take you to write a book?  

It depends on the book.  Some take 6 weeks and another took 6 months.  




I was born in a small town in Italy. My parents are loving people; and true traditionalists. I grew up being a chatterbox of a child and evolved into a quiet and shy teenager. I was definitely not the life of the party. As a matter of fact, I never wanted to go to any high school dances or any activities the school offered. I was good with being alone. I had to grow into my own and I eventually became the fun loving, open-minded and creative person I am now. I love the ‘me’ I have become and I am grateful that this is where I have landed. 

Writing is my release and I have escaped in my imagination to some incredible places meeting the most awesome characters. I also wanted to be a rock star but anyone who has ever heard me sing kindly convinced me that I do not have any talent. (In other words, I suck at it.) 

Although I have been writing since I was in grade school, and I am a hopeless romantic. 

Why I write romance? I thrive on two individuals connecting in mind, body and soul. The understanding of wants and needs and placing them as a priority and not out of fear of losing them or because you feel you need to concede; you do it because it feels easy and right in your own heart. 

My other passion is cooking! I enjoy making meals for my family and friends and bantering around the table. I have colourful people in my life and they all add to my rainbow. I love music! I like it all, depending on my mood. 

And lastly, I love to travel. I want to enjoy all that life has to offer. I want to meet people, learn from them and create the most fantastic, sexy love stories. If I can do this overlooking the ocean and feeling the breeze wash over me then I have my heaven on earth. 





$10 Amazon GC 

Follow the tour HERE for special content and a giveaway! 




No comments:

Post a Comment