INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Review of The Connelly Boys Celtic Witches Book 1 by Lily Velez




Witches, magic, mystery, and adventure. The Secret Circle meets Shadowhunters in this addictive new dark fantasy you won't be able to put down!

(**Please Note: this is NOT a reverse harem series.**)



When 17-year-old Scarlet Monroe arrives to the sleepy seaport town of Rosalyn Bay, Ireland, the last thing she expects is to get tangled up in the dark and mysterious world of The Connelly Boys.

Popular, wealthy, and devastatingly beautiful, the four brothers have effortlessly cast a spell on just about everyone. Especially eldest brother Jack, the most breathtaking of the boys and the one to whom Scarlet feels inexplicably drawn.

There's just one problem: Jack is cursed. At least that's what all the local superstitions and folklore say.

But when Scarlet inadvertently banishes a demon while trying to save Jack's life, unleashing powers she didn't even know she possessed, she quickly realizes curses are the least of her worries.

Now with demons hunting her down and dormant magic awakening within her, Jack Connelly may very well be the only one equipped to help her.

Especially when she discovers the truth of who and what she really is...and how she might be all that stands between an ancient evil and the fate of everyone she loves.



Don't miss this first installment in the new bestselling fantasy series by Lily Velez, which features Irish folklore and mythology, page-turning action and adventure, and a dazzling world of witches and magic that will keep you reading long into the night! Fans of Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, and J.K. Rowling won't want to miss out on this bewitching new debut!

If you love strong heroines, immersive worlds of magic, and rich folklore and mythology, you'll love this action-packed read with its fresh take on witches! Perfect for fans of The Mortal Instruments/Shadowhunters series as well as readers who love witch fiction like The Secret Circle, Beautiful Creatures, A Discovery of Witches, and Harry Potter.


"I was blown away by the fascinating storyline, the incredible characters, and the outstanding world building!!! The Connelly Boys is wicked good and simply amazing!!!"
-Jennifer, Amazon Reviewer ★★★★★


"This book is amazing! I read without hardly stopping because I couldn't put the book down!"
-Carrie, Amazon Reviewer ★★★★★


"A magical 5-star read!! I was drawn in from start to finish. I highly recommend this one...Witches, Demons & Irish lore at its core!!
-Debbie, Goodreads Reviewer ★★★★★


"Superbly suspenseful! Wow! This book was just full of fantasy! I loved how it really embraced the old Irish/Celtic traditions and beliefs."
-Beth, Amazon Reviewer ★★★★★

MY REVIEW:

THE CONNELLY BOYS CELTIC WITCHES BOOK 1 IS THE FIRST BOOK I  HAVE READ BY AUTHOR LILY VELEZ AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST ONE.  WHAT A WONDERFUL START TO A NEW SERIES.  I WAS DRAWN INTO THE STORY FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE END.  I REALLY LOVE THE STORY THE AUTHOR HAS CREATED.  I THOUGHT IT WAS ORIGINAL AND DIFFERENT FROM THE NORM.  THE CONNELLY BOYS CELTIC WITCHES BOOK 1 IS SUCH AN ENJOYABLE AND MAGICAL READ.  I LOVE HOW THE AUTHOR CREATED THIS WORLD IN IRELAND FILLED WITH WITCHES AND DEMONS AND I LOVE HOW SHE USED IRISH LORE.  THE STORY IS FAST PACE AND FILLED WITH A LOT OF SUSPENSE AND ACTION. I LOVE HOW THE BROTHERS AND SCARLET COME TOGETHER TO SAVE THE WORLD.  THE CONNELLY BOYS ARE SO VERY HOT ESPECIALLY JACK AND EACH POSSESSES A DIFFERENT GIFT OR GIFTS.  SCARLET IS ALSO SPECIAL AS SHE COMES TO LEARN AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO LEARN THE TRUTH ABOUT WHO SHE IS.

THE CONNELLY BOYS CELTIC WITCHES BOOK 1 IS A DEFINITE MUST READ. I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY SCARLET AND JACK.  THE BROTHERS ARE VERY HOT AND THEY JUST CLICK WITH SCARLET.  THERE IS A LOT OF HEARTACHE AND LOSS AND EVEN A TOUCH A ROMANCE.  IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A MAGIC AND ORIGINAL READ, THEN I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ THIS STORY.  YOU WILL NOT WANT TO PUT IT DOWN.  I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.  5 STARS


Biography
Visit www.lilyvelezbooks.com for exclusive content and updates on Lily's books!

Lily Velez has been writing stories since she was six years old. Not much has changed since then. She still prefers the written word and her overactive imagination over the ‘real world’ (though to be fair, her stories no longer feature talking dinosaurs). A graduate of Rollins College and a Florida native, when she's not reading or writing, she spends most of her days wrangling up her pit bulls Noah and Luna, planning exciting travel adventures, and nursing her addiction to cheese. All this when she isn’t participating in the extreme sport known as napping.

List of Lily's books:

CELTIC WICHES
The Connelly Boys (Book 1)
The Connelly Curse (Book 2) ➜ Coming early 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment