INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Author Interview of KR Thompson

GIRL WITH PEN WELCOMES KR THOMPSON, AUTHOR OF THE NEVERLAND SERIES AND KEEPER SERIES.  THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE TO ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS FOR MY READERS.

AUTHOR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Q: Can you tell us a little about yourself to start?

Sure! My name is Kim Thompson. I write under the pen name KR Thompson. During the day, I am a full time mommy with a full time job, and at night I write fantasy, paranormal, and fairy tale stories.

Q: How are you feeling now that your latest book is out & on tour?

Each time I get a new book out, it is a sense of relief. Kinda like "whew, I did it!"

Q: How does your family feel about you being a published author?

My family is very supportive of my writing. They have always backed me 100 percent and I love them so very much for that.

Q: What inspires you to write?

My readers. Each time one of them sends me an email or a message letting me know that they enjoyed my stories, it makes me want to do more.

Q: Describe your book in 3 words?

Ack! Only three? I can't do it!!

Q: Out of all of your books do you have a favorite character or couple?

My favorite character in all of my books was Archie, from Hook. I completely fell in love with him as a character.

Q: Are you currently working on a new book at this time?

I'm currently plotting my next Keeper book, which should be out sometime in early 2017.

Q: Do you have a routine you follow when you write? (i.e. listen to music, sit in a certain chair or at a certain desk)

My routine is to get my five year old off to bed, then sit down on the couch with my laptop and write. Night time is the only time any writing gets done.

Q: How do your stories & characters develop?

I generally have an idea of what I want to do when I begin a story, but more often times than not, the characters take off and what happens is as much a surprise to me as to everyone else.

Q: What was the first thing that came to your mind when your first book was published?

"Hey! I actually did it!"

Q: Do you have favorite author whose books you love to read?

I absolutely love Diana Gabaldon's books!

Q: What is your favorite genre to read & write?

I love to read everything, but my favorite writing genres are urban fantasy and fairytale twists.

Q: How do you go about creating the most “Swoonworthy” character?

Hmm, I'm not sure any of my characters are swoonworthy! LOL

Q: Can you share something with everyone that inspires you?

This is going to sound crazy, but my environment inspires me the most. I live in southwestern Virginia, surrounded by national forest. Most of my ideas come to me when I'm driving. I'll see the way the fog rolls over the mountains, or how the mist lays in the valleys and new ideas pop up.


Q: If you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would it be & why?

Diana Gabaldon, creator of Jamie Fraser. Enough said. ;)

Q: As a child what did you want to do when you grew up?

I wanted to be a veterinarian, then I wanted to be a beautician. Then I thought of joining the Navy.
I ended up being a postal worker, but my heart is in writing. Writing is what I am meant to do.

Q: Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

I've always loved books, but I didn't really think of writing my own stories until I had a miscarriage. Until then, I was content following other people's stories, and waiting to see how things ended. When that happened, writing became therapeutic for me. Now it's a passion.

Q: When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

When I held my first book in my hands.

Q: If you could go on a date with one of the male/female characters from a book who would it be (Character name, Book Title & Author's Name) and what would you do on that date?

Actually, I think I would go on a date with one of my own characters. Archie, from Hook. We would sail the Jolig Roger around Neverland.

Q: Do you have a favorite playlist that you listen to when you write?

When I write, everything is absolutely silent.

Q: Do you read all the reviews for your book(s)?

I try not to.

Q: Which do you prefer paperback, hardback or ebooks & why?

I love physical books, either paperback or hardback. There is something about the feel and smell of a real book. Plus, you don't have to worry about their batteries dying in the middle of a good part.

Q: What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it in (ebook, hardback or paperback) and who is the author?

The last stories I read were the anthology that I was in called "Once Upon a Time." I enjoyed it very much. I read the paperback version, and the authors are Kate Bonham, Kellie Honaker, Rosa Lee Jude, Amber Morant, Layne Aust, and Michelle Ziegler.

Q: Of all of the books you have written do you have a favorite & why?

Hook was actually my favorite to write because I had to learn so much about ships. My husband is a huge nautical fiction fan and he tore all of my fight scenes apart. We spent hours talking about how cannons should fire, the names of the parts of rigging, and all sorts of things that made the ship actually stay afloat. I was also trying to keep true to JM Barrie's original text, so keeping my facts straight was tough, but it was also quite a bit of fun.

Q: When you aren't writing what do you do to relax and have fun?

I love to go to movies and spend time with my family

Okay now some fun ones:

Q: What are your favorite types of heroines? Do you like the damsel in distress who needs saving or the kick-ass variety? Why? Kick-ass variety. I've always loved the ones who are willing to try to save themselves.

Q: Can you tell us about your worst date ever? Ehh, nope. He might read this.

Q: What is your one “guilty pleasure”? Chocolate!!!

Q: What is or was your most embarrassing moment or the craziest thing you have ever don’t? Come on you can’t hold out on everyone. LOL Hmm...most of my crazy stuff happens in books!

Q: Do you have a favorite love scene from a book or movie? Which book/movie & scene? My favorite love scene is at the end of "Where the Heart Is."

How about a little of This or That:
Coffee or Tea? Tea
Chocolate or Vanilla? CHOCOLATE!
Kinky or Sweet? Sweet
Tall, dark & handsome or blonde, surfer type? Tall, dark, and handsome
Dine in or Dine out? Out
Sunset or Sunrise? Sunset
Steak or Chicken? Steak
Cats or Dogs? Cats
Dom or Sub? Sub
Summer or Winter? Summer
Shower or Bath? Bath
Beer or Wine? Wine
Scary or Comedy? Scary
Biker or Billionaire? Billionaire
Thong or Comando? Comando
Rock or Country? Country
Vanilla or Toys? Ain't telling
Pink or Black? Black




THANK YOU KIM FOR LETTING US GET TO KNOW YOU.  IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY CHECKED OUT THE NEVERLAND AND KEEPER SERIES, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO SO.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me on your blog, Victoria! I had a blast. <3

    ReplyDelete