INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, April 29, 2021

A Wishing Moon

A Wishing Moon A sweet paranormal romance filled with mystery and suspense. Arabella Landry is a witch on a mission. She is desperately seeking the incredible man who haunts her dreams. With the help of the powerful women in her family, she finds him. Unfortunately, he is completely paralyzed, a prisoner within his own body. Jade Landale, a career Texas politician, falls head over heels for the beautiful woman who refuses to give up on him. Soon, his world turns topsy-turvy as he finds himself embroiled in a world of magic, murder, and the sweetest love he could possibly imagine. The Moon Magic Series invites you to visit an enchanted world of love, suspense, and the supernatural. Each book introduces a romantic couple and a new mystery. Since the series centers around a magical family, you never have to say goodbye to a character, their stories and adventures will continue. Please join the witches of Wildflower Way and bring a little magic into your own life. EXCERPT …The day proved to be a long one. They were exhausted. Even though she couldn’t wait to see what the night might bring, Arabella made sure everyone was taken care of before she retired to her own room. After preparing for bed, she placed the red flannel bag around her neck, reaching up to tie the leather cord. Next, she pulled the sapphire necklace over her head. Arabella could tell the piece was very old. Charging the pendant in her right hand, Arabella asked the spirit of the stone to allow her to learn his name. Pressing the herb filled purple bag to her lips, she whispered a quick prayer before slipping it beneath the pillow. Weary, she laid down and closed her eyes, anxious to renew the magical connection. Almost instantly Arabella found herself right where she longed to be. Even though she’d gone to bed after midnight, sunlight shone brightly on Enchanted Rock. The familiar cry of a hawk could be heard in the distance. Finding herself alone, she frantically turned in a circle searching the vast top of the pink granite mount. Seeing he was nowhere in sight, her heart lurched with deep disappointment. She fell to her knees and began to weep. Despair flooded her soul. What more could she do? With head in hand, Arabella prayed for mercy and help. A shadow covered her. Lifting her head, she found the object of her desire, kneeling in front of her. Arabella threw her arms around his neck and cried with joy. He drew her close and cupped the back of her head. “Don’t cry. I’m here.” Arabella found his lips with hers. The kiss this time was tender and full of reverence. “I didn’t think you were coming.” She held onto him with all the strength she possessed. The solidness of him seemed to be a contradiction she couldn’t bear to examine very closely. Afraid she would lose herself in his embrace, she forced her mind to think clearly. “You are real, aren’t you? Tell me your name.” He took a deep breath and rested his head on her shoulder. “My name is Jade, Jade Landale.” She stroked his hair with her hand. Something was desperately wrong. “Jade, come to me. My name is Arabella and I live at Wildflower Way in Wimberley, just a few miles from here.” “I can’t.” What did he mean? “Then, I will come to you. How can I find you?” He let go of her and stood. She rose also. Arabella held onto his arm; afraid he would vanish at any moment. “I am at Tranquility.” One moment, her fingertips knew the warmth of his skin, the next he was gone, and everything went black. HIS NAME IS JADE. His name is Jade. His name is Jade! The litany played over and over again in her mind. She lay in the bed and stretched luxuriously. The world seemed so much brighter. Her heart’s desire had a name. Jade Landale. But the place, Tranquility? Arabella didn’t understand. Tranquility was a state of mind, not a place. Nevertheless, she had somewhere to start. A tap on her door interrupted her reverie. “Come in.” Evangeline opened the door and eased in to sit on the bed beside her cousin. “Did you learn anything?” “His name is Jade Landale.” “Jade. What an unusual name for a guy, but a pretty one. What else?” Arabella sat up in bed and scooted back until she could lean on the oak headboard. She tidied her hair with her hands and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. “I didn’t get much more. When I asked where I could find him, he said something strange. He said he was at tranquility.” “Tranquility, what does that mean?” “Good question, I don’t know if it’s a place or an emotion. You don’t think he’s dead, do you?” Evangeline patted her on the leg, offering comfort. “Why don’t we use a pendulum and ask some questions?” Arabella brightened. “What a good idea. Let me get dressed and we’ll search for his name on the computer, then use the pendulum if we don’t find all the answers on the Internet.” Evangeline left Arabella to get ready. When she went downstairs, wonderful smells greeted her. Coffee was brewing and breakfast was well under way – Elizabeth’s French toast. “Hey, baby. Are you hungry?” Arabella realized how much she’d missed her mother. “Yes, as a matter of fact, I am.” She poured herself a cup of coffee, and not being able to wait a moment longer, opened up the laptop and entered Jade’s name in the search engine. The moment she saw his name in print on a link, her heart skipped a beat. Every nerve ending in her body was tingling with desperate anticipation. With shaking hand, she poised her finger over the enter key. If his name went with another man’s face, she’d simply die. Holding her breath, she clicked on the first website. From the second she saw the dear, familiar face joy stole the breath from her lungs. “I found him! I found him! Mother! Evangeline! Come look!” “Let me see. Let me see.” Evangeline muttered as she and Elizabeth leaned closer. Arabella pointed at the man hanging by a rope off of a cliff. “Here’s a photo of him rock climbing. Oh, my God. Now, I know why he seems familiar. Jade is a Congressmen!” “Oh, he is handsome,” Elizabeth whispered. “Makes me think I should follow politics more closely.” “Mom…” Arabella muttered as she moved the cursor lower. “Oh, please. No.” “EXPERIENCED CLIMBER, CONGRESSMAN LANDALE, FALLS AT ENCHANTED ROCK.” Amazonpurchase link Find Rebecca Schaefer here: Facebook author page Amazon author page Rebecca Schaefer is the sweet penname of New York Times, USA TODAY best-selling author Sable Hunter. Rebecca and Sable have been writing for a dozen years. She lives a few miles west of Austin on Lake Travis in the beautiful, Hill Country community of Lago Vista with a herd of deer in her backyard. Spending her days writing and her evenings roaming the neighborhood on her golf cart, Rebecca has 3 dogs to keep her company. She also has a wonderful family who do their best to keep her in line, but they aren’t always successful. Some things you might find interesting, Rebecca loves to take research trips for her books, she enjoys thinking of new things to cook in the slow cooker, and she listens to ghost stories on You-Tube to fall asleep. So, you’ll know what to expect from Rebecca, she will be releasing expanded and improved sweet versions of Sable’s books, plus penning new books with plenty of suspense. Her aim is to create sweet, yet powerful love stories with enough adventure to keep you on the edge of your seat and enough emotion to keep you swooning. Welcome to her world where right prevails, love conquers all, and holding out for a hero is n

No comments:

Post a Comment