INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, February 12, 2016

Review of Discovered (The Forsaken Blood Series #1) by Em Taylor

Discovered Banner

BOOK INFORMATION

TITLE – Discovered
SERIES (& book #) – The Forsaken Blood Series #1
AUTHOR – Em Taylor
GENRE – Vampire Romance/ Science Fiction Romance/ Futuristic Romance
PUBLICATION DATE – 4th December 2015
LENGTH (Pages/# Words) – 98,000 words
PUBLISHER – Em Taylor
COVER ARTIST – Veronica Fernandez Munoz and Em Taylor
**NOTE - Book can be read as standalone



Discovered - Cover

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Edinburgh is a city that's slow to change. Which is why in 2061, Professor Lachlan Mackenzie still lives there. He hasn't changed in the 1000 years since he and his shipmates abandoned ship, forsaken by the Vampyras millions of light years away and left to fend for themselves, feeding off the blood of humans.

Lachlan is drawn to sexy psychologist Kate the moment he steps into her office. He wants to protect her and help her overcome her PTSD. Ignoring the warning signs of his growing attraction he agrees to be her cabin mate on the journey to the new colony on Mars. But when Kate discovers him feeding on bagged blood, all hell breaks loose. Has he been set up by the Vampyr council leader? Will Kate ever forgive his lies? And how does he explain what he is to his long lost daughter who he meets on their journey?

As Kate starts to trust, outside forces threaten to rip them apart. Will Lachlan lose the only woman he's ever truly bonded with?


Discovered - Teaser 1

BUY & TBR LINKS




Discovered - Teaser 2

EXCERPT

Blood spurted everywhere. Kate squealed as it hit her face and dripped onto her chest, arms, and hands. It ruined her dress, but she had no time to think about that now. His eyes had turned a dark silver colour, almost like sparkling granite. 
“You shouldn’t have done that, Kate.” His voice was a deep growl, and his teeth were covered in blood—his fangs still visible as he grinned wolfishly at her. Lachlan placed the half full bag into an empty coffee mug and surveyed the damage. “I’m a Vampyr. You know I can’t just let you wash blood down the drain. It’s almost sacrilegious.” 
He lifted the hand which she had used to squeeze the bag and surveyed it, licking his lips before he sucked her index finger slowly into his mouth. She held her breath as the sensation pulled at her core. His rough tongue worked around the digit, and his eyes sparked with pleasure before he closed them and moaned. She squirmed on her seat atop his lap. When he opened his mouth extending his tongue between her other fingers and licking, her breath hitched. 
“Lachlan.” Her voice was just a whisper. 
The Vampyr pulled her finger out of his mouth and stroked his tongue up a large dark red globule which ran from her ring finger almost to her wrist. 
“Delicious.”

MY REVIEW:

DISCOVERED IS BOOK 1 OF THE FORSAKEN BLOOD SERIES. DISCOVERED TAKES PLACE IN A FUTURISTIC WORLD IN 2061. WE ARE INTRODUCED TO KATE AND LACHLAN WHO HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO GO TO MARS TO THE NEW COLONY.  KATE IS A PSYCHOLOGIST AND LACHLAN IS A PROFESSOR.  WHEN THEY MEET THE FIRST TIME, YOU CAN FEEL THE PAGES STEAMING UP IN THE BOOK. THE CHEMISTRY IS SO HOT BETWEEN THEM.  LACHLAN IS HER CABIN MATE DURING THE TRIP AND WANTS TO PROTECT HER FROM HER PTSD.  AS THEY SPEND MORE TIME TOGETHER, THE DEEPER THEIR ATTRACTION BECOMES.  WHEN KATE FINDS OUT LACHLAN'S SECRET, WILL SHE BE ABLE TO ACCEPT WHO AND WHAT HE IS?

I AM A BIG FAN OF VAMPIRES.  I LOVE READING ABOUT THEM.  I REALLY WAS SURPRISED BY DISCOVERED.  I REALLY ENJOYED IT AND I LOVE EM TAYLOR'S REFRESHING TAKE ON VAMPIRES BEING ALIENS.  AS SHE CALLS THEM VAMPYR.  DISCOVERED IS VERY ENTERTAINING, FULL OF ACTION, SUSPENSE, ROMANCE AND LOTS OF HOT LOVE MAKING SCENES BETWEEN LACHLAN AND KATE.  I LOVE LACHLAN AND KATE.  LACHLAN IS SUCH A SWEETHEART.  HE HELPS HER THROUGH HER PTSD ATTACKS.  HE IS SO VERY CONSIDERABLE OF HER WANTS AND NEEDS.  LACHLAN IS VERY VERY HOT AND I AM WISHING I HAD MY OWN VAMPYR.  KATE IS SUCH A STRONG CHARACTER WHO DOESN'T LET HER PTSD STOPPING HER FROM DOING WHAT SHE WANTS AND ACCEPTS LACHLAN FOR WHO HE IS.  THEY ARE BOTH PERFECT FOR ONE ANOTHER.

DISCOVERED IS A GREAT START TO A NEW SERIES.  I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES. EM TAYLOR HAS DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB WITH ALL THE CHARACTERS AND THE STORYLINE ITSELF. I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS AND FOUND MYSELF CRYING AND LAUGHING AT TIMES.  WHAT AMAZING LOVE SCENE EM HAS CREATED.  HOT AND STEAMY AND SO VERY LOVABLE AND REAL.  YOU MUST READ DISCOVERED.  YOU  WILL NOT REGRET IT.  IT SO GOOD AND EM TAYLOR HAS BECOME ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS.  5  STARS 



Author Photo - Em Taylor

AUTHOR BIO

Em was born and brought up in the Central Belt of Scotland and still lives there. She was told as a child she had an over active imagination--as if that is a bad thing. She's traded her dreams of owning her own island, just like George in the Famous Five to hoping to meet her own Mr Darcy one day. But her imagination remains the same.

AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS


GIVEAWAY PRIZES

18ct White Gold Plated Swarovski Crystal Black Pearl Necklace and Earrings, Red silk scarf and signed paperback copy of Discovered


Giveaway Image





This event has been organized & hosted by

2016 Follow Button

No comments:

Post a Comment