INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Review of Mambo and Murder (A Fiona Quinn Mystery Book 6)




Three ballroom dancers had been murdered over forty-years ago. Wow, that’s one old cold case. What’s more, the murderer thought to have been killed during a police chase has resurfaced in Pittsburgh. Yikes! How can that be?Worse, ballroom dancing simply isn’t Detective Nathan Landry’s forte. After weeks of practice, Nathan still has two left-feet. Can Fiona step in to guide Nathan through this dancing debacle or will it take forty-years for the detective to find his footing? Double yikes!Join Fiona and Detective Landry in this high-stepping whodunit!

MY REVIEW

MAMBO AND MURDER IS BOOK 6 IN THE FIONA QUINN MYSTERY. C.S. MCONALD HAS DONE IT AGAIN WITH THIS SERIES.  BOOK 6 IS EVEN MORE BETTER, FUNNIER AND ENTERTAINING THEN THE OTHER BOOKS.  THE AUTHOR NEVER DISAPPOINTS YOU WITH THIS SERIES.  MAMBO AND MURDER IS VERY ENTERTAINING AND HILARIOUS AS NATHAN WORKS TO SOLVE A COLD CASE.  BUT IN ORDER TO DO THAT HE NEEDS TO LEARN TO BALLROOM DANCE WITH HIS PARTNER WHICH TURNS OUT TO BE A TOTAL DISASTER.  NATHAN INJURES HIS PARTNER AND FIONA STEPS IN TO TAKE HER PLACE.  FIONA CALLS IN AN OLD FRIEND TO HELP THEM BOTH LEARN HOW TO BALLROOM DANCE. WILL NATHAN BE ABLE TO LEARN HOW TO BALLROOM DANCE OR WILL HE CONTINUE TO INJURE HIS PARTNERS?  WILL NATHAN AND FIONA SOLVE THE CASE BEFORE THE NEXT MURDER?

THE FIONA QUINN MYSTERIES IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SERIES.  I REALLY LOVE THIS SERIES. I ENJOY THE CHARACTERS AND THE MYSTERIES.  THE CHARACTERS ARE QUIRKY AND HILARIOUS.  YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF LAUGHING AS YOU READ THROUGH THE BOOK. THE AUTHOR HAS DONE A WONDERFUL JOB WITH THIS SERIES.  IT IS WELL WRITTEN AND SHE KEEPS YOU GUESSING IN EACH BOOK.  THERE ARE A LOT OF TWISTS AND TURNS THAT KEEP YOU GUESSING WHO DID IT UNTIL THE VERY END.  YOU WILL LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY THE GHOST WHICH IS A NICE ADDED TOUCH TO THE SERIES.  IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS SERIES YET, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU MISSING.  A DEFINITE MUST READ WHICH WILL LEAVE YOU WANTING MORE.  5 STARS


Biography
C.S. McDonald taught dance and choreographed shows for twenty-six years. Nowadays, she resides with her husband and her poorly behaved Cocker Spaniel, Allister, on their Thoroughbred farm, Fly-by-Night Stables, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. George the Pony is a real pony who lives among the tall Thoroughbreds on their farm.

In 2016, Ms. McDonald decided to write a cozy mystery series. The Fiona Quinn Mysteries are quick clean reads for anyone 10 to 110! You'll love Fiona and the quirky, but oh so charming, Detective Landry. Fiona is a kindergarten teacher and an unlikely sleuth from Pittsburgh. If you've never been to Pittsburgh, welcome to this wonderful city! Ms. McDonald has even sprinkled a little Pittsburghese into her stories just for fun. Yinz will love it!

Wow! Book #6, MAMBO AND MURDER, is now available! Can Fiona help Detective Landry solve a forty-year-old murder case or will he totally lose his footing! The Fiona Quinn Mysteries are clean, stand alone reads!

Don't miss C.S. McDonald's new addition to Fiona Quinn Mysteries--Fiona Quinn QUICK Mysteries! What's that? Short Stories (about 30 pages) for a quick bedtime read or if you're stuck with a long wait in a doctor's office (we've all been there!). Short story #1-BANKING ON A MURDER and *now available >> HARRIET'S HEIST! You'll love these quick reads--featuring different characters from the novellas. Check them out!

WOOT! ALL of the Fiona Quinn Mysteries are now available on Audible--narrated by Maren Swenson Waxenberg!

Hey! You can check out all the books, listen to excerpts from the audio books and more at C.S. McDonald's website: www.csmcdonaldbooks.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for this wonderful review! Love it! I am so happy you enjoy Fiona and all her stories!

    ReplyDelete