INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Review of My Christmas Dream by Marilyn Miles




Jorden “Jordie” Butler grew up on a farm, several miles from the small town of Tuke’s Valley in Washington State. When she gets a job at a chain bookstore in the nearby city of Vancouver, she and a coworker dream of one day having their own bookstore.

Fortunately, one of the benefits of her job is partial reimbursement of tuition at the local community college. Jordie decides to work toward a business degree. Unfortunately, Jordie loses her job when the bookstore eventually closes, and she has difficulty finding another one that will allow her to work part-time and go to school. Could it be that Jordie’s dream of having her own business one day may be just that—a dream?

Gilbert “Gib” Gibson also grew up in Tuke’s Valley, but when his mother passed away his senior year of high school, he moved to Oregon to live and work in construction with his older brother. Now he is something of an all around handyman who can do just about any kind of repairs, including carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and much more.
When his stepfather dies, Gib returns to Tuke’s Valley to sell the home and see if he can find anything that belonged to his mother. But the house is a mess of semi-packed boxes and he realizes it will take more time than he thought. A former classmate asks him to look at the bookstore his wife and her business partner just purchased, and give them an estimate on repairs. Gib agrees and when he walks inside the bookstore, he sees a woman hanging precariously from a ladder. He rushes up to help, just as she falls.


MY REVIEW:

I LOVE READING SMALL TOWN LOVE STORIES.  THEY ARE SO MUCH MORE BELIEVABLE AND THE CHARACTERS AND STORY LINE ARE SO VERY REAL AND BELIEVABLE  MY CHRISTMAS DREAM  WAS  JUST LIKE THAT AND SO MUCH MORE.  I REALLY ENJOYED MY CHRISTMAS DREAM.  IT WAS A ROMANTIC, AND MAGICAL CHRISTMAS LOVE STORY THAT SHOWS YOU ALL DREAMS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU JUST BELIEVE AND NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM.

WE MEET JORDIE, WHO WISHES TO RUN HER OWN BUSINESS ONE DAY.  SHE IS WORKING AT  BOOKSTORE, HELPING HER PARENTS ON THE FARM AND GOING TO SCHOOL PART-TIME.  SHE DEFINITELY HAS HER HANDS FULL AND HAS NO TIME FOR DATING AND LOVE.  THEN SHE MEETS GIB, WHO IS A HANDY MAN OF ALL TRADES.   EVERYTHING CHANGES FOR JORDIE AND GIB WHO FIND THEMSELVES SPENDING MORE AND MORE TIME TOGETHER.  IS THIS LOVE OR THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS?  HAVE HER DREAMS BEEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER THE WHOLE TIME?

MARILYN MILES IS A NEW AUTHOR FOR ME.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER WRITING, STORY AND CHARACTERS.  THE AUTHOR BRINGS ALL HER CHARACTERS TO LIFE AND THE STORY LINE IS SO VERY BELIEVABLE AND REAL.  MY CHRISTMAS DREAM IS A MAGICAL AND ROMANTIC LOVE STORY THAT SHOWS YOU THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS.  THIS STORY SHOULD BE READ BY EVERYONE.  A DEFINITELY MUST READ.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE OF MARILYN MILES BOOKS.  SHE IS AN EXCELLENT WRITER AND STORYTELLER.  5 STARS




Biography
Marilyn began writing as soon as she could print. Her first career was in the transportation industry, working for the airlines. Her second career was in advertising, marketing and promotions. Currently a freelance editor, Marilyn lives with her husband and cat in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in Washington State, where she watches deer, bunnies and birds emerge from the wetlands and nearby river.

1 comment: