INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Review of Luxury Model Wife by Adele Downs

luxury-model-wife-blast-banner

BOOK INFORMATION

TITLE – Luxury Model Wife
AUTHOR – Adele Downs
GENRE – Contemporary Romance
PUBLICATION DATE – September 20, 2016
LENGTH (Pages/# Words) – 74,000
PUBLISHER – Boroughs Publishing Group



luxury-model-wife400x600

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Antiques expert Steve Carlson must face the mistakes of his past to discover a treasure he never imagined: the heart of a vulnerable yet determined widow.
TRUE RICHES
Twenty-eight-year-old Victoria Van Orr just lost everything. With the death of her billionaire husband went his mature patience and warm encouragement; and the veneer of acceptance from everyone else. His friends and colleagues now ignore Victoria, and if his son succeeds she just might be forced back to the streets upon which she was raised. But money was never her goal. All she wants is love. Real love.
Antiques expert Steve Carlson knows the value of everything. Pain and betrayal? Those he gave away--and now they're coming back. His worst mistakes were all with one man: an old friend, the son of a father figure, now the stepchild of a beautiful young widow who wants Steve to help her auction off the family estate. To help Victoria, Steve must face his past and become a better man. To find true love, he will discover her surprisingly pure heart, vulnerable yet determined. And beyond price.




BUY & TBR LINKS





EXCERPT

Steve tilted his head, his bright blue eyes sizing her up. “Sorry, but I gotta’ ask. Do you always talk like that?”
Victoria felt her cheeks warm. “Whatever do you mean?”
“There.” He studied her again with not-so-subtle curiosity. “You sounded like your late husband James just now. Funny, you don’t seem like the snooty type to me. More like a regular girl.”
His comment touched a nerve like hot wires to stripped cable. Victoria bit back a retort while blood rushed through her ears. She closed her eyes against the sound to clear her head. Twenty-eight was hardly a girl, and she was damn tired of defending her right to be a Van Orr.
For five years she’d tried and failed to fit into the privileged world of her older husband—learning couture, keeping her posture as straight as a modeling school graduate, rounding her O’s when she spoke —apparently fooling no one on either side of the social spectrum in the process.
Defeat swept over her and her shoulders sagged beneath five-thousand dollars’ worth of silk and linen. No matter how hard she tried, she’d forever be exposed as the abandoned kid who’d grown-up in shelters.
Strange though… when she opened her eyes and returned them to Steve Carlson’s handsome face, she sensed his remark was meant as a compliment, and not a reminder that she lacked James’s pedigree. It was like he saw her.
Her. Not James’s luxury-model second wife.
Still, his manners were disgusting. Even store-owner-janitors should know how to behave. Snooty type. Who was he to say that to her? She was a potential client for heaven’s sake.
Victoria stood to leave. She was sick and tired of people voicing their opinions about her and her late husband’s disparate lineage. She’d been bullied and belittled since the day she’d become engaged. “You don’t know me well enough to analyze me, Mr. Carlson.” She kept the annoyance out of her reprimand. The rich had taught her that cool distain wounded more deeply than anger.
Steve grimaced, rubbed his jaw, and then stood to face her, his expression sheepish. He waved her back to her seat. “Please. I’m sorry I offended you. I’m a friend. Really. We’ve gotten off on the wrong foot.”
He ran a hand through his hair and his bicep bulged with the movement. Victoria’s gaze followed the lines and curves of sinew and muscle and took in the military tattoo peeking from the hem of his tee shirt.
She resisted the images that teased her dormant libido, and brought her eyes back to his face. Damn. That didn’t help. Why did this annoying man have to be so good-looking? Her attraction to him only made her feel guilty, like she’d betrayed James’s memory.
Widowhood came with a unique set of baggage.

MY REVIEW:

LUXURY MODEL WIFE IS A CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE FILLED WITH ACTION, ROMANCE AND SUSPENSE.  ONCE AGAIN, ADELE HAS CREATED AN AMAZING LOVE STORY FILLED WITH SOME AMAZING AND COMPLEX CHARACTERS.   YOU WILL WANT TO LAUGH AND CRY AT TIMES THROUGHOUT THE BOOK.

WE ARE INTRODUCED TO VICTORIA, WHO JUST RECENTLY LOST HER HUSBAND.  SHE WANTS TO SELL HER HUSBAND'S PERSONAL PROPERTY THROUGH STEVE CARLSON'S ANTIQUE SHOP WHICH HER DECEASED HUSBAND DID ALL HIS BUSINESS THROUGH.  I LOVED THE FIRST MEETING BETWEEN VICTORIA AND STEVE.  THERE WAS INTENSE CHEMISTRY AND AN ATTRACTION FROM THE VERY FIRST MEETING.  VICTORIA DOES NOT BEHAVE LIKE A RICH WOMAN.  SHE IS SO DOWN TO EARTH AND WANTS TO HONOR HER LATE HUSBAND'S MEMORY.  IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY.  VICTORIA AND STEVE ARE ON EQUAL FOOTING THROUGHOUT THE BOOK.  I NEVER FELT LIKE VICTORIA RUBBED HER MONEY IN HIS FACE.  BOTH CHARACTERS STRUGGLE WITH PAST AND PRESENT PROBLEMS THAT INTERFERE WITH THEIR RELATIONSHIP.  WILL THEY FINALLY LET GO OF THE PAST AND MOVE ON?

I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED IN ANY OF ADELE'S BOOKS.  SHE HAS A WAY OF BRINGING HER STORY AND CHARACTERS TO LIFE.  ADELE'S CHARACTERS HAVE VERY REAL AND BELIEVABLE EMOTIONS AND PROBLEMS.  SHE HAS A WAY OF DRAWING YOU INTO A STORY AND KEEPING YOU IN THE STORY UNTIL THE VERY END.  I LOVE VICTORIA AND STEVE.  I HAVE NEVER MEANT TWO PEOPLE MORE ALIKE AND MEANT TO BE TOGETHER THEN THEM TWO.  VICTORIA AND STEVE BOTH DESERVED HAPPINESS.  ESPECIALLY VICTORIA WHO SUFFERED ABUSE AS A CHILD.  SHE JUST WANTED TO BE LOVED AND PROTECTED WHICH HER DECEASED HUSBAND DID FOR HER.  VICTORIA FELT GUILTY ABOUT HER FEELINGS BUT IT WAS TIME FOR HER TO MOVE ON.  SHE REALLY LOVED AND RESPECTED HER HUSBAND.  I FELT THAT SHE COULD DO THAT WITH STEVE.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ROMANCE, SUSPENSE AND MYSTERY, I RECOMMEND YOU READ LUXURY MODEL WIFE.  IT IS SO GOOD AND I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN.  YOU WILL WANT TO LAUGH AND CRY AT TIMES.  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.  I RECOMMEND YOU READ MORE OF ADELE DOWN'S BOOKS.  SHE IS WONDERFUL WRITER AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT SHE WRITES NEXT.  5 STARS



AdeleDownsPublicityPhoto (2)

AUTHOR BIO

Adele Downs is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than 20 romance titles, including those written under another pen name, and a former journalist with hundreds of articles to her credit. When not writing in her home office in rural Pennsylvania, she can be found reading a book on the nearest beach, taking photographs, or riding in her convertible.

AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS





GIVEAWAY PRIZES

Paperback copy of LUXURY MODEL WIFE plus Swag (Mailed USPS inside Continental USA). (One Winner.)

Paperback copy of LIP SERVICE by Adele Downs plus Swag (Mailed USPS inside Continental USA). (TWO Winners.)

$10 Starbucks Gift Card.

CLICK TO ENTER AUTHOR ADELE DOWN'S GIVEAWAY

2016 Follow Button

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting LUXURY MODEL WIFE on your blog and also for your wonderful review. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I appreciate your time and enthusiasm for my work and wish you all the best.

    Adele

    ReplyDelete