INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Review of A Saint's Salvation by Beverly Ovalle's

Saints Salvation - Banner


BOOK INFORMATION

TITLE – A Saint’s Salvation
AUTHOR – Beverly Ovalle
GENRE – contemporary military romance
PUBLICATION DATE – Feb 10, 2014
LENGTH (Pages/# Words) - 61
PUBLISHER – Secret Cravings Publishing
COVER ARTIST – Dawne Dominique


A Saints Salvation - Book Cover


BOOK SYNOPSIS

Corporal Nicholas 'Saint' Santiago needs to go home to reclaim the man he used to be. To be the man he was before Operation Enduring Freedom slowly hardened his heart. He needs to reconnect to the values and the reasons he is doing what he does. Saint also needs to try to forget the courageous woman he knows was meant to be his.

Petty Officer Angelina Jones' life changed the moment Saint saved her life. She survived the blast but now has to deal with the fact that she will never be whole. Knowing Saint received a 'Dear John' letter, Angelina has no intention of being his rebound romance. She needs to be loved for herself. She needs to forget about the one man she knows was meant to be hers.

They each try to find someone to help them forget.



But what does fate have planned for them?







A Saints Salvation - Teaser 1

BUY & TBR LINKS




A Saints Salvation - Teaser 2


EXCERPT

Nick quickly took advantage, pressing his hand deeper as he raised her up, her ass on his forearm. Angelina squirmed, rubbing against him. Nick bent and sucked a nipple into his mouth, teasing it through the silk. He slid a finger in and out of her heat, lightly rubbing her clit with his thumb. Angelina moaned and tightened around his finger. Pressing her close against him, Nick increased his thrusts. Nick bit her nipple and was rewarded with a cry as Angelina clamped down, drenching his hand as she came apart in his arms.

She placed her head against his shoulder, shivers running through her while her arms and legs tightened around him. Nick pulled his hand free from her warmth and licked his fingers clean, making smacking noises as he did.

“Pig.” It was so low Nick barely heard the comment. Nick chuckled as Angelina giggled in his arms.
“Did you want another glass of champagne?” Angelina shook her head and squirmed against him. Nick squeezed her to him, enjoying the feel of her, despite the tightness in his groin. “Are you ready for dinner? Or shall we just head straight to dessert?”

MY REVIEW:

A SAINT'S SALVATION IS NOT YOUR NORMAL ROMANCE.   IT IS A MILITARY ROMANCE THAT PORTRAYS THE LIFE OF THE MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN AND THE EMOTIONS AND THE INJURIES THAT THEY CAN SUFFER AS A RESULT OF BEING IN THE MILITARY.  I HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR OUR MILITARY MEN AND WOMEN.  THEY RISK THEIR LIFE EVERY DAY AND MAKE SACRIFICES SO WE MAY LIVE FREE.  BEVERLY DOES A WONDERFUL JOB SHOWING THE MILITAY LIFE.  I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE BOOK AND I ESPECIALLY ENJOY NICK AND ANGELINA.  THEY HAVE ALOT OF CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THEM AND I ENJOY THE BANTER BETWEEN THEM AND ROMANCE.

AFTER NICK SAVE ANGELINA FROM A BOMB AND THEY BOTH SUFFER INJURIES, NICK STICKS BY HER DURING HER INJURIES. NEITHER ONE OF THEM LET THEIR INJURIES KEEP THEM DOWN VERY LONG AND THEY BOTH TRY TO FIND THEMSELVES AGAIN.  THEN THEY MEET AGAIN ON A BLIND DATE AND THE CHEMISTRY AND ROMANCE JUST CLICKS BEWEEN THEM.

I REALLY ENJOYED READING THIS BOOK AND I WAS QUITE SURPRISED TO FIND OUT BEVERLY WAS IN THE SERVICE.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE BOOKS BY HER.  I LOVE HER STYLE OF WRITING AND THE WAY SHE BETRAYS HER EMOTIONS THROUGH HER WORDS.  BEVERLY IS A WONDERFUL WRITER AND I WANT TO THANK HER FOR SERVING IN THE MILITARY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ THIS BOOK.  YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.  5 STARS
 





CHARACTER BIOS

Corporal Nicholas ‘Saint’ Santiago
Saint is serving in Afghanistan when his heart is broken over a ‘Dear John’ letter. Everything seems to get worse at that point. Normally a happy go lucky kind of guy he seems to have lost his optimistic view of life. The only thing that stirs his interest is ‘Doc’ a female medic assigned to the FOB. Not wanting anymore entanglements, he ignores her. He knows that he needs to go home to find the place he belongs and bring back the man he was.

Angelina ‘Doc’ Jones
She had the hots for Santiago but everyone knew he’d been dumped. Doc didn’t want to be the rebound. She joined and became a corpsman against her parent’s wishes, knowing just that she had to serve. When the grenade changed her life, she needed reassurance and someone to love her despite her disability.




A Saints Salvation - Teaser 4




A Saints Salvation - Author Photo


AUTHOR BIO

Beverly Ovalle dabbled with writing on and off for years when her best friend finally dared her to submit a story to a writing contest. Beverly decided she had nothing to lose and since she’d always wanted to be an author sent it in and agonized for months waiting to hear back. Contract in hand she has never looked back.

Beverly has been obsessed with dragons and romance since she was a young girl, collecting dragon books and reading everything she could find on them even down to the care of real life dragons. She’s always been slightly panicked that the world as we know it will end, so has prepped for it, haunting survivalist pages and prepper projects she felt she needed in the event SHTF.

An avid fan of all romance, Beverly’s goal is to share her love of the written word and write the hot and erotic romances that she enjoys. She writes what she loves to read and it was only a matter of time before her obsessions crept into her writing for her to share. She hopes you enjoy her tales as much as she loves writing them.

A Navy Veteran, Beverly has traveled around the world and the United States enabling her to bring her settings to life, meeting and marrying her husband of twenty five years along the way for her own romance. Reading romances since the fourth grade she’s followed as the genre changed and spread into the vast cornucopia of romance offered today.

Fun Facts:
The name was changed less than two weeks before publication!
A Saint's Salvation was inspired by my son's tattoo
His tattoo says 'St. Nicholas' – the original name of my book
A Saint's Salvation took me eight months to write!
The name of A Saint's Salvation was my editor's suggestion
The teasers were made from photos from Afghanistan
The Marine in the teasers is my son
He only gave me permission to use his photo because he loves me
He only gave me permission if I cut off his head! LOL


AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGEWEBSITE / BLOGBLOGBLOGFACEBOOKTWITTER (Author) – TWITTER (Fated Dragons) - GOOGLE+PINTERESTTUMBLRGOODREADSTSUAUTHORDB - NEWSLETTER



A Saints Salvation - Teaser 3


GIVEAWAY PRIZES

$25 Amazon gift card













This tour has been organized & hosted by
33c16-mini2bbutton

1 comment: