INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Evil's Unlikely Assassin: An Alexis Black Novel #1 (Volume 1) by Jenn Windrow




Vampire Alexis Black is on a mission - to rejoin the human race. Coerced into signing an ironclad contract by an Angel-with-attitude, Alexis must hunt down and assassinate at least one vampire, werewolf, or creepy crawly every night for fifty years to become human again. Too bad the contract didn’t mention the badass vampire who now rides shotgun in her brain, insatiable bloodlust, or her new I-hate-everything-with-fangs sidekick. If she can fulfill her end of the bargain, her humanity is restored, if not she will be destroyed. But when a revenge-seeking bloodsucker threatens her city, Alexis must risk everything to ensure there’s a humanity to return to. Since her vampire nature is her greatest weapon to defeat the monsters that threaten her friends and future, Alexis must choose to accept her inner beast or watch those she loves die.

MY REVIEW:

EVIL'S UNLIKELY ASSASSIN: AN ALEXIS BLACK NOVEL #1 IS THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ BY JENN WINDROW.  WOW WHAT A WONDERFUL READ.  I WAS HOOKED FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE END.  THIS IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL VAMPIRE TALE.  WE ARE INTRODUCED TO ALEXIS BLACK WHO IS A VAMPIRE BUT NOT BY CHOICE.  SHE IS TRICKED INTO A DEAL BY AN ANGEL TO GET HER HUMANITY BACK IF SHE HUNTS AND KILLS A VAMPIRE OR OTHER CREATURE EVERY NIGHT FOR 50 YEARS.  ALEXIS DID NOT REALIZE THE DEAL INCLUDED A SIDEKICK, EDDIE, WHO IS ALSO A VAMPIRE INSIDE OF HER BRAIN WITH INSATIABLE BLOODLUST.  WILL ALEXIS SUCCEED AT BECOMING HUMAN OR WILL SHE REMAIN A VAMPIRE FOREVER?

EVIL'S UNLIKELY ASSASSIN IS A FAST PACED  READ WITH LOTS OF TWISTS AND TURNS AND ACTION.  THE AUTHOR KEEPS YOU GUESSING WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT.   I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE BOOK.  ESPECIALLY ALEXIS.  SHE IS CONSTANTLY STRUGGLING WITH WHO SHE IS AND WITH EDDIE.  ALEXIS IS A TORTURED SOUL WHO WANTS TO BE HUMAN AGAIN BUT ALSO WANTS TO RID THE WORLD OF EVIL.  SHE HAS THE POWER TO HELP PEOPLE BUT SHE IS AFRAID TO LOSE HERSELF AND HURT HER FRIENDS.  I LOVED HER TRAINER AND EVEN THE VAMPIRE WHO BECAME A GHOST.  THE DOCTOR WAS ALSO A NICE ADDED TOUCH.  I THOUGHT THESE CHARACTERS BROUGHT SO MUCH MORE TO THE STORY.

I REALLY ENJOYED READING EVIL'S UNLIKELY ASSASSIN.  I FOUND MYSELF SO LOST IN THE STORY.  IT WAS A FAST READ FOR ME AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  I LOVE THE AUTHOR'S WRITING AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE OF HER BOOKS.  THEY ARE VERY ENTERTAINING AND SO GOOD.  5 STARS




Biography
Jenn Windrow loves characters that have a pinch of spunk, a dash of attitude, and a large dollop of sex appeal. Top it all off with a huge heaping helping of snark, and you've got the ingredients for the kind of fast paced stories she loves to read and write. Home is a suburb of it's-so-hot-my-shoes-have-melted-to-the-pavement Phoenix. Where she lives with her husband, two daughters, and a slew of animals that seem to keep following her home, at least that's what she claims.

Jenn's Urban Fantasy, EVIL’S UNLIKELY ASSASSIN won the RWA Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal (FF&P), “On The Far Side” writing contest in July 2014, top 5 in the RWA Desert Rose, “Realizing the Dream” writing contest, and finaled in the Houston Writers Guild annual writing contest in April 2014. It was also selected as first runner up in Writers Type’s First Chapter Contest in April 2013.

Her Paranormal Romance, STRUCK BY EROS placed first in the RWA’s Golden Pen Contest, third in the Ruby Slippered Sisterhoods Make it Golden contest, and fourth in the West Coast Romance Writers Beacon contest.

My First full length novel, Struck By Eros will be released Summer 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment