INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Dead of Night The Blood Curse Chronicles by James Agee, Jr.

DEAD OF NIGHT
The Blood Curse Chronicles

by James Agee Jr.

Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance







All families have secrets.


Some have secrets worth dying for.


The Vasile family owns a funeral home in Frederickton, Virginia. For the most part, life in this small town is ideal. However, there is one secret they try to hide – one that could destroy their lives as they know it.


They are vampires.


When a strange girl comes to town for her grandmother’s funeral, new information is uncovered. There is a chance the Vasiles and all other vampires will know a day when they can become human and break the blood curse that has plagued vampires for centuries.




She opens her mouth to say something, more than likely about what book I should purchase, but I speak before she can get any words out.


“Was someone playing the piano earlier?”


She tilts her head as if I have just asked her a confusing question.


“Well…I don’t know how to explain this. It won’t make much sense to you, but the piano plays itself.”


She must see the disbelief written across my face because she hastily adds, “Sometimes there is the shadow of a person sitting on the piano bench, but honest to goodness the keys play themselves.”


The music starts playing and I find my body gravitating towards the sound. The keys bob up and down swiftly seemingly of their own accord. My heart leaps as I see the shadow of a person sitting on the bench. If I did not believe the old woman before, I sure do now.


I inch closer to the piano.


Is it a spirit? A ghost? My imagination?


A fast paced jazz tune is echoing throughout the shop. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, filling my lungs with the inky dust particles. I open my eyes and the head of the shadow is facing toward me. I reach out to touch it, unsure if I should. My hand goes right through the dark form and slowly the music stops playing.


The woman’s hand tugs on my arm. There is a slightly annoyed look on her wrinkled face.


“Why did you go and scare him off?”


I can’t help but ask her, “Him? How do you know that it is a ‘him’?


She chuckles and pushes her glasses up her nose to keep them from sliding off.


“Dear, you can tell by how he plays the piano. There’s such passion behind the sounds. He has so much emotion.”










James Agee Jr. writes fictional stories that border on the unknown. When he isn’t reading a book, he is writing one. Stories surround him and he cannot help but to write a few of them down. Occasionally, some of those stories turn into books. He firmly believes that words have power and that if you are reading then you are doing yourself a wonderful favor.


No comments:

Post a Comment