INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Review of In Love with Santa by Jennifer Conner




BOOK DESCRIPTION:

The last thing Nadia expects to find while doing a Christmas cater is Santa with a concussion in the office kitchen. After bringing him home to care for him, Nadia finds that there’s nothing on Sean Murphy that shakes like a bowl of jelly… in fact, he’s pretty much rock hard.

Nadia has spent too much time getting over her ex and working herself into the ground. What she needs is a hot fling with a six-foot three Christmas package named Sean.

But when Sean becomes serious, Nadia wonders if she has enough time for work and play? Sean must convince her to put him on her Christmas list with one sexy encounter at a time.

MY REVIEW:

In Love with Santa is a beautiful love story filled with action, love, romance and passion just in time for the holidays.  The perfect Christmas read.  Who says Santa Claus doesn't fill your stockings or your wish list?  Nadia and Sean are perfect for one another.  There is instant chemistry between them when they first meet.  There is no denying that.  Making love under the Christmas tree was so romantic and passionate.  That was a wonderful touch to the story, Jennifer.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading In Love with Santa.  I could not put it down.  It was one of those reads that kept you guessing what was going to happen next.  I love all the characters especially Nadia and Sean.  Both hard working and running their own business.  Sean was the shy type and Nadia was trying to get over an ex by working herself to the ground.  She didn't feel she had time for work and play.  Sean knew what he wanted and went after it.  But will he be able to convince Nadia that they belong together and he should be on her Christmas wish list?

I love Jennifer's style of writing. The storyline was perfect for this book and so were her characters.  It felt so real life and that you were part of the story.  I love her adding the cat to the story.  It just made the story more believable.  Animals belong in the stories to make it more realistic and to show much they are loved.   Her characters are filled with such passion and even heartache.  Jennifer express her passion through her writing and characters and especially her love of animals.  I highly recommend you Jennifer's books.  They are most enjoyable and you will not regret.  I am looking forward to reading what she comes out with next.  5 stars




ABOUT JENNIFER CONNER:

Jennifer Conner is a best-selling Northwest author who has forty short stories and books in print. She writes in Christmas Romance, Contemporary Romance, Paranormal Romance, Historical Romance, and Erotica.
She has hit Amazon's top fifty authors ranking and her books have been #1 in sales.
Her novel Shot in the Dark was a finalist in the Emerald City Opener, Cleveland, and Toronto RWA contests.

Jennifer is an Associate Publisher for the indie e-book publisher, Books to Go Now who resides in the Seattle area. They pride themselves in helping new authors get their foot in the door with well-edited manuscripts, professional covers, and platforms uploads.

She lives in a hundred year old house that she grew up in. Her semi-small town holds an interesting mix of resident hillbillies, yuppies and Navy Seals. And of course Seattle, only a few miles away, is the birthplace of Starbucks so coffee is always on the check list. She blows glass beads with a blow torch, (which relieves a lot of stress and people don't bother you) and is a huge fan of musicals.

Website: http://www.jenniferconnerbooks.com/

Blog:  http://jenniferconnerwriter.blogspot.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.conner2

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jennilynnjac/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jenniferconner1

Where you can find In Love With Santa:  http://www.amazon.com/Love-Santa-bonus-holiday-Christmas-ebook/dp/B00O4QXG7K/
AUTHOR INTERVIEW:

GIRL WITH PEN LIKES TO WELCOME JENNIFER CONNER TO HER BLOG

Q1.    What inspired you to be a writer?
 
I love great stories. I wanted to find something that I felt passionate about doing that didn't cost tons of $$. So I started writing about 10 years ago and haven't looked back!



Q2.    What genre or genres do you like to write and/or read?

.I write and read in romance. With all the junk going on in the world today, I want a happy ending. I like to write in contemporary, historical, new adult, and paranormal.



Q3.    What is your favorite book?

Outlander. It's been Outlander for over 20 years now. Diana Gabaldon is my writing goddess. Now with the TV series, it is a dream  and so true to the books. Don't get me going or I'll geek out.


Q4.    Who is your favorite author or authors?

Diana Gabaldon, Christine Feehan, Julia Quinn and then local authors, DV Berkom, Chris Karlsen, Sharon Kleve, Joanne Jaytanie and Darlene Panzera. And of course Debbie Macomber who lives down the road from me.


Q5.    I noticed you love using animals in your books.  Is there a reason for this?

I love animals as many people do. I have a big dumb shelter Labrador who was the idea for the Dog Tails for Christmas series. He's obsessed with riding in the car and going to the dog park. 


Q6.    I noticed you love to use small town settings in your books.  What makes small town settings different from other settings?

I live in the fairly small town and the house I grew up in. We kid that we have the best of both worlds. We live a ferry ride away from Seattle without all the traffic and crazy prices. Small towns have a more laid back vibe that I think people miss in their hectic lives. Ritzville where the Pancake Club series is based in is a REALLY small town. It feels like you stepped back into the 1950's.


Q7.    Do you do a lot of research for your books?

Depends on the subject I'm writing in. Historicals take the most research. The readers want to have every detail be correct and will eat you if not!

Q8.    What inspired you to write In Love with Santa?

In Love with Santa is based on many of my real life experiences. I ran a wedding photography and catering business for over 15 years. The groom with the gun, the broken arm and working for a murderer were all real life things that happened to us. hence, why I got out of the business :)

Q9.    Do you believe in love at first sight, soul mates and true love?

You bet. I've been married to the same guy for 34 years. True love and not running them through the wood chipper are the two elements of a happy marriage.


Q10.    What is your favorite holiday of the year?  And why?

Christmas. I have tons of old ornaments that belonged to my mom. It has lots of sentimental value and I love seeing the decorations every year.


Q11.    Are you married?  How many kids?

Yep. See above. 2 kids. My daughter is a special ed teacher in Seattle and my son and daughter-in-law are going to school in Geneva, Switzerland.


Q12.    What would you consider to be the most romantic setting?

A picnic by a lake.


Q13.    What would be your perfect date?

A dinner and then a musical... you're asking me and not my husband, right?

Q14.    I really enjoyed In Love with Santa.  What other projects do you have planned?  Any of your books you would recommend reading?

I like to try out different genres so it would depend on if you like spicy or sweet.

Dog Tails for Christmas is my Christmas series from last year. It's available in ebook, paperback and audiobook.

Places to See is an anthology I did with 4 other authors. My story is based in Kinsale, Ireland after we traveled there last year.


THIS OR THAT


Edward or Jacob?

Gerald Butler in Dracula 2000


Chocolate or Vanilla?

Vanilla


Briefs or Boxers?

Commando


Lillies or Roses?

Dahlias


Beach or Mountain?

Depends


Cabin or Hotel?

Cabin


Cat or Dog?

Both


 

2 comments:

  1. Really?? A cabin over a nice hotel?? Eww!
    Hi Jen,
    This is one of my fave holiday stories. Congrats on the great review and thank you for the mentioning me as a fave author.
    Chris K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers, Jen! You never did what you were told when you were a kid, did you? :-D

    ReplyDelete