INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, December 7, 2020

Review of Descendants of the Curse: Jessie's Choice by C.S. Kendall

As she approaches her senior year of high school, Jessie Mason has really come into her own as an immortal serial killer. Though living with the demands of the Fountain of Youth--which gives her immortality in exchange for blood--she has learned to control the water’s murderous voice by cleansing the streets of the vile criminals who roam free. She’s not alone, either. With the help of her family, her boyfriend Tyler, and the larger immortal Community, she knows how to keep herself safe and under the radar. Follow the rules and everything works. Trust the Community. So when she is handpicked by a major leader for a kill assignment, she doesn’t understand her reservations about her target. Add to that, she can’t shake the weird vibe about her youngest sister’s teacher. There’s something decidedly creepy about the guy. Could the Community have made a mistake? It’s only when her youngest sister, Cora, goes missing that Jessie is faced with a choice: follow the rules set forth by the Community or listen to her instincts and go rogue. And she has to decide quickly. Because Cora’s life depends on the answer.

MY REVIEW:  

DESCENDANTS OF THE CURSE: JESSIE'S CHOICE IS BOOK 2 IN THE YOUNG ADULT SERIES BY C.S. KENDALL AND BY FAR BETTER THAN THE FIRST BOOK.  THE AUTHOR HAS CREATES SUCH A UNIQUE STORY LINE USING THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH AND BEING IMMORTAL. I LOVE THE CONSTANT ACTION GOING ON THROUGHOUT THE STORY AS JESSIE SLOWLY COMES INTO HER OWN POWERS AND LEARNS HOW TO CONTROL THEM.  HER FRIEND, ADDY IS GOING THROUGH A LOT AND DESPITE THEM BEING ENEMIES, SHE STILL TRUSTS ADDY WITH HER LIFE.  I LOVE THE CLOSENESS BETWEEN ADDY AND WATCHING TYLER AND JESSIE BECOMING CLOSER AND DEVELOPING ROMANTIC FEELINGS.  JESSIE IS THEN FACED WITH A DIFFICULT DECISION WHEN HER SISTER, CORA GOES MISSING. SHOULD SHE TRUST THE COMMUNITY IN THEIR DECISION SOMEONE ELSE IS THE KILLER OR GO WITH HER INSTINCTS AND SAVE HER SISTER, CORA?

JESSIE'S CHOICE WAS A GREAT ADDITION TO THE FIRST BOOK AS YOU LEARN SO MUCH MORE ABOUT THE COMMUNITY AND THEIR ENEMIES.  THERE ARE DEEP DARKS SECRETS ON BOTH SIDE THAT COULD DESTROY BOTH SIDES.  I AM SO EXCITED FOR READING MORE OF THIS SERIES AS I AM SURE THERE IS SO MUCH MORE GOING ON.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERIES.  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.  5 STARS
 
Biography CS Kendall first sparked an interest in writing in the third grade and has been toying with various story ideas since. Finally, a few years ago she decided to put pen to paper and really give it a go. The Killing Cure Series is her debut work. In her day job she feels honored to serve as a therapist in a private practice setting where she is daily inspired by the stories of struggle, courage. and overcoming her clients entrust to her. Walking through the difficulties of depression, anxiety and major life transitions is a privilege she feels humbled to be a part of. She incorporates themes she sees in her work, of humanity warring with aspiration to be better, of suffering and triumphing. She believes it truly is the story of humanity, those common experiences and struggles--sometimes endured in silent desperation--that connect us all. And she loves to find creative ways to convey that to her readership. CS lives happily with her family in southwest Michigan. For updates you are invited to follow her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cskendallbooks or visit http://www.cskendall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment