INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, December 4, 2020

Review of Back to the Burgh and Beyond (The Owl's Nest Mysteries Book 1) by C.S. McDonald

Meet Alexa Owl. She's returned home to Pittsburgh after a divorce to start a new life and a new business, The Owl’s Nest Couturier Shoppe. Much to her surprise, she's getting more than she ever bargained for: Detective Bobby Starr, and he's no ordinary sleuth. Bobby is an angel who's returned to Earth in hopes of earning his way into the Guardian Angel Squad. He's been sent by none other than Saint Pete to acquire Alexa’s help to solve three cold case murders he left behind. Except, here’s the catch: he’s only been allotted four days to solve the first case! How in heaven’s name is she supposed to do that? Alexa is a professional seamstress—not a detective. Bobby insists the only way to solve the first case is to return to 1953, and Alexa’s not in love with that idea at all!

MY REVIEW:

BACK TO THE BURGH AND BEYOND IS BOOK 1 IN THE OWL'S NEST MYSERIES. WHAT AN EXCELLENT START TO A  NEW SERIES.  I REALLY ENJOYED THIS COZY MYSTERY AND ALL THE CHARACTERS. C.S. MCDONALD HAS DONE AN  EXCELLENT JOB IN DESCRIBING THE HISTORY IN THE 2 DIFFERENT TIME PERIODS WITH HER WORDS.  THE STORY IS UNIQUE AND I FOUND MYSELF IMMEDIATELY HOOKED FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE.  I LOVE THE TIME TRAVELING AND THE GHOSTS ESPECIALLY THE CAT.  THE IDEA OF A GHOST, DETECTIVE BOBBY STARR NEEDING TO SOLVE 3 MURDERS WITH THE HELP OF ALEXA, WHO SEES GHOSTS AND CAN TIME TRAVEL IN ORDER TO BECOME A GUARDIAN ANGEL IS VERY FANTASTIC AND INTERESTING.  WILL HE SUCCEED WITH ALEXA'S HELP.

I REALLY ENJOYED BACK TO THE BURGH AND BEYOND AND ALL OF THE CHARACTERS.  I WAS HOOKED FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE END.   
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ONE OF C.S. MCDONALD'S COZY MYSTERIES, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING.  HER WRITING AND STORIES ARE GREAT AND WILL LEAVE YOU WANTING MORE. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES COMES OUT.  5 STARS

 
Biography C.S. McDonald taught dance and choreographed shows for twenty-six years. Nowadays, she resides with her husband, Bill, and her poorly behaved Cocker Spaniel, Allister, on their Thoroughbred farm, Fly-by-Night Stables, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. George the Pony is a real pony who lives among the tall Thoroughbreds on their farm. In 2016, Ms. McDonald decided to write a cozy mystery series. The Fiona Quinn Mysteries are quick clean reads for anyone 10 to 110! You'll love Fiona and the quirky, but oh so charming, Detective Landry. Fiona is a kindergarten teacher and an unlikely sleuth from Pittsburgh. If you've never been to Pittsburgh, welcome to this wonderful city! If you live in Pittsburgh, you're sure to recognize many of the venues featured in the books. Ms. McDonald has even sprinkled a little Pittsburghese into her stories just for fun. Yinz will love it! Hey! Don't miss C.S. McDonald's new addition to Fiona Quinn Mysteries--Fiona Quinn QUICK Mysteries! What's that? Short Stories (about 30/40 pages) for a quick bedtime read or if you're stuck with a long wait in a doctor's office (we've all been there). Four shorts in all. Check them out! Okay, now for something seriously new--a new cozy mystery series, The Owl's Nest Mysteries--Meet Alexa Owl, she's returned home to Pittsburgh to start a new business, the Owl's Nest Couturier Shop. This series has a little grit, a little time travel, a little romance, and a whole lotta cozy! Book #1 Back to the Burgh and Beyond is slated for a September 2020 release! By the way, most of the Fiona Quinn Mysteries and short stories are now available on Audible--narrated by the talented, Maren Swenson Waxenberg! Hey! You can check out all the books, listen to excerpts from the audiobooks and more at C.S. McDonald's website: www.georgethepony.com You can also connect with her on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCSMcDonald/ Instagram and Twitter @C.S.McDonald7

No comments:

Post a Comment