INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, December 7, 2020

Review of Descendants of the Curse: Jessie's Awakening by C.S. Kendall

Jessie Mason is a normal straight-A, lead in the school musical, keep-to-herself junior in high school. That is, until she turns seventeen…and her world is turned on its head. The day of her birthday, Jessie discovers that she is a descendent of the first ever immortal human race—those who drank from the Fountain of Youth millennia ago and unleashed mortality into the world. Like the rest of her family, she will live forever. But there is a cost. The Fountain of Youth must replenish its lifegiving stores. And to do that, it turns those who’ve benefited from its waters into killers—demanding blood for the eternal life it grants. Jessie can’t believe it—she’s not a killer. Only…she can already feel new dark impulses building inside her. In defense, she turns her back on her old life and starts training with Tyler, another (cute) immortal descendant of those cursed waters. She learns ways to tame the water’s bloodthirsty voice, channeling her murderous impulses toward more…productive use of her killer instincts. To make things worse, someone else out there knows about her secret—and wants to stop her …permanently. But even more terrifying is what could happen to those she loves if the waters ever gets the best of her…

MY REVIEW:  DESCENDANTS OF THE CURSE: JESSIE'S AWAKENING IS BOOK 1 IN THE YOUNG ADULT SERIES BY C.S. KENDALL.  WOW WHAT AN EXCELLENT START TO A NEW SERIES.  I LOVE THE UNIQUE STORY LINE THAT THE AUTHOR CREATED AND THE WELL DEVELOPED AND LIKEABLE CHARACTERS.  JESSIE LEARNS A FAMILY SECRET ON HER 17TH BIRTHDAY THAT SHE IS IMMORTAL, WHOSE ANCESTORS DRANK FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH.  NOW IN ORDER TO SURVIVE, SHE HAS TO FEED WHATS INSIDE OF HER BY BECOMING A KILLER.  

THIS STORY DID NOT DISAPPOINT AND YOU WERE HOOKED FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE.  I LOVE WATCHING JESSIE DEVELOPING INTO A STRONG WOMAN ALONG WITH THE HELP OF HER FRIEND, TYLER AND HER PARENTS.  THIS MY FIRST BOOK BY AUTHOR, C.S. KENDALL AND WILL NOT BE MY LAST. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE BOOKS IN THIS SERIES.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERIES AS IT IS TRULY UNIQUE AND ORIGINAL AND WILL HAVE YOU GUESSING UNTIL THE VERY END.  A MUST READ FOR YOUNG ADULT FANS OR EVEN FANS OF PARANORMAL.  5 STARS.
 
Biography CS Kendall first sparked an interest in writing in the third grade and has been toying with various story ideas since. Finally, a few years ago she decided to put pen to paper and really give it a go. The Killing Cure Series is her debut work. In her day job she feels honored to serve as a therapist in a private practice setting where she is daily inspired by the stories of struggle, courage. and overcoming her clients entrust to her. Walking through the difficulties of depression, anxiety and major life transitions is a privilege she feels humbled to be a part of. She incorporates themes she sees in her work, of humanity warring with aspiration to be better, of suffering and triumphing. She believes it truly is the story of humanity, those common experiences and struggles--sometimes endured in silent desperation--that connect us all. And she loves to find creative ways to convey that to her readership. CS lives happily with her family in southwest Michigan. For updates you are invited to follow her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cskendallbooks or visit http://www.cskendall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment