INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Gardenia Duty Book Tour and Giveaway


Gardenia
Duty
by
Kathleen Varn

Genre:
Women's Historical Fiction 

In
1957 jobs are scarce in rural Ashland, Alabama. Bobby Higgins is
facing life decisions; his family’s farm struggles and threat of
the draft hangs over 18-year-old males as the Cold War rumbles in the
distance. Bobby heads off to boot camp, vowing to provide for his
family from his pay. Between shore and sea duty, Bobby leaves broken
hearts in every port. When his own heart is stolen by Rose, he’s
shocked to learn that she comes with four daughters, a package deal
he’s unsure he wants. But when Rose disappears, Bobby finds her and
persuades her to marry him. Somehow they navigate their way through
the trials of marriage and parenting as he fulfills his patriotic
career and his promise to raise four willful daughters. In the spring
of 2004, his daughters are brought together by grief. They forge new
bonds, sharing their joys, losses, regrets, and ultimately family
secrets that will seal all their fates…if they can summon the
courage to report for duty.




Kat
Varn’s
 love
affair with words manifested when she turned four and taught herself
to read. As she grew older, books and reading were an escape from
responsibility.  As the oldest daughter in a transient Navy
family, words fed her imagination to embrace adventure and magical
worlds. Kat was drawn to the strength of little girls in 
The
Little Princess
 and The
Secret Garden
.
Eventually,
Kat dove into journaling between the pages of beautiful leather
notebooks, recording her children’s infant landmarks. Journaling
also helped her find solace in the grief of a toxic relationship.
Throughout her journey to extract her family from oppression, she
explored the idea of freedom through allegorical short stories. In
the midst of angst and soul searching, she retained a sense of humor
that gave her the resilience to pursue the search for her true self.
Kat
hopes her readers enjoy Ameera’s journey to pursue the forbidden
zone of dance while becoming part of a larger experience—embraced
and bonded to eight glittery belly dancers. Each of them aware they
may have never met without the common denominator of a six-week belly
dance class under the tutelage of their troupe director.
Kat
is now very happily married to her soulmate. She resides in
Charleston, South Carolina, where she worked for an adoption attorney
for twenty-three years. With her two children settled in adulthood,
she is exploring a beautiful world, from scuba diving in Fiji or
photographing from Alaska’s frozen tundra.







Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive content and a giveaway!










1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful read. Thank you for sharing the book and author info.

    ReplyDelete