INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, August 28, 2017

Review of Evil Awakened The Kiche Chronicles by J.M. Ledu





From one generation to the next, legends of good and evil have been passed down around Indian campfires. With each passing generation, less is believed. To the young, they’re just stories, but to the elders, they are warnings.

In the woods, which border between the reservation and the Everglades, four teenage Cree braves recite an ancient ritual. Not understanding the words they say or the implications of their actions, they call forth a demon which had been cast into the netherworld with no chance of escape . . . unless man called it back. Free, it has one plan; build an army of beasts, and ultimately, become immortal by feeding on the spirit of the one destined to become the Kiche—the Sky Spirit Goddess.

It has been foretold that the gates of the netherworld will be opened and it will take the wiles and courage of a sixteen-year-old girl, whose skin is as white as winter’s snow, to send the demons back and save an entire nation.

Pamoon, left abandoned at birth on a Cree reservation, has been marked with a flame on both her neck and left palm. All her life, they have been a nuisance, but now they mark her destiny. With the fate of her friends’ lives on the line, will she have the courage to pick up the gauntlet and walk the path the fates chose for her before her birth? In EVIL AWAKENED, Pamoon and her wolf cub, Scout, begin a journey that may end in her demise or might possibly take her to worlds only humans can imagine. A journey to both heaven and hell. A path only the one destined to become the Kiche—the Sky Spirit Goddess—can travel. She’ll need help if she is to survive; help only the spirits can provide. Let’s pray it arrives in time.

Whatever evil man creates, only man can defeat.

MY REVIEW:

EVIL AWAKENED IS BOOK 1 IN THE KICHE CHRONICLES AND THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ BY AUTHOR J.M. LEDU.  LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I REALLY LOVED AND ENJOYED THIS BOOK.  IT IS A GREAT START TO A NEW SERIES.  I FELL IN LOVE WITH ALL THE CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY PAMOON.  SHE IS A TYPICAL 16 YEAR OLD GIRL. SHE WAS LEFT AT BIRTH ON THE CREE RESERVATION AND THE CREE RAISED AND ACCEPTED HER AS THEIR OWN.  I LOVE READING BOOKS WITH INDIAN LEGENDS USED IN THE STORY.  HER COMING WAS FORETOLD TO SAVE THE A NATION AND SEND THE DEMONS BACK.  WILL SHE SUCCEED?

EVIL AWAKENED IS SUCH A WONDERFUL AND MAGICAL STORY FILLED WITH SOME MAGICAL CHARACTERS.  IT IS A YOUNG ADULT FANTASY BOOK FILLED WITH INDIAN LORE AND ADVENTURE.  THERE IS A LOT OF ACTION AND MYSTERY.   I LOVED WATCHING PAMOON'S CHARACTER GROW AND ACCEPT HER DESTINY.  SHE IS VERY STRONG AND DETERMINED TO PROTECT HER PEOPLE AND DEFEAT THE DEMONS.  I LOVE HOW THE CREE ACCEPTED HER AS THEIR OWN AND WERE THERE FOR HER. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD FANTASY READ FILLED WITH INDIAN LORE, YOU WILL LOVE EVIL AWAKENED.  I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE WHAT OTHER DEMONS FACE AND MAYBE EVEN SOME ROMANCE.  5 STARS






Biography
Mark Adduci, writing as J. M. LeDuc, is a native Bostonian, who transplanted to South Florida in 1985. He shares his love and life with his wife, Sherri and his daughter, Chelsea.
Blessed to have had a mother who loved the written word, her passion was passed on to him. It is in her maiden name he writes.

J.M. LeDuc's first novel, "Cursed Blessing," won a Royal Palm Literary Award in 2008 as an unpublished manuscript in the thriller category and was published in 2010. The rest of the Trilogy of the Chosen: "Cursed Presence" and "Cursed Days" followed in 2012, as well as a novella, "Phantom Squad"--a prequel to the trilogy. "Cornerstone," the continuation of the Phantom Squad Series was published in 2013 to critical acclaim.

"SIN" is the first book in the new Sinclair O'Malley Series.

J.M. is a proud member of the prestigious International Thriller Writers (ITW) as well as the Florida Writers Association (FWA) and loves to interact with his fans. He can be reached at jm_leduc@yahoo.com and on Facebook on his author page.

No comments:

Post a Comment