INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Review of Tender Echoes by Reily Garrett




Theft of spirit is no one’s birthright.

A quirk of her X chromosome furnished Alexis with an edge few others enjoyed. After fate plunged Lexi into orphan status and an intolerable foster home forced her to the streets, a group of prostitutes sheltered her from their vicious pimp. Seeing something special within, they nurtured and shielded her from their harsh reality until she could forge her own path in life.
Destiny frequently takes us back to our roots. Lexi’s return journey begins when a serial killer attacks someone who’d offered her refuge in her previous life. Relying on courage and wit, she must stay a step ahead and secure evidence to free her family from a psychopathic murderer.

MY REVIEW:

TENDER ECHOES IS A WONDERFUL START TO THE MCALLISTER JUSTICE SERIES.  WE ARE INTRODUCED TO LEXI WHO HAD BEEN LIVING ON THE STREETS SINCE HER PARENTS DEATHS.  THE PROSTITUTES HAVE ALWAYS PROTECTED AND SHELTER HER FROM STREET LIFE.  THE PROSTITUTES SAW SOMETHING SPECIAL IN LEXI AND WANTED HER TO HAVE A NORMAL LIFE.  LEXI MANAGES TO GET OFF THE STREETS AND FINDS A JOB WITH THE HELP OF A FRIEND BUT SHE NEVER FORGETS HER FRIENDS FROM THE STREET WHO HELPED HER WHEN NO ONE ELSE WOULD.  SO WHEN THE PROSTITUTES ARE BEING KILLED BY A SERIAL KILLER, SHE USES ALL HER SKILLS TO CATCH THE KILLER.  LEXI MAKES CONTACT WITH ETHAN INDIRECTLY PROVIDING HIM CLUES TO WHO IS DOING THE KILLING.  WILL LEXI AND ETHAN BE ABLE TO STOP THE KILLER IN TIME?

TENDER ECHOS IS A PREQUEL TO THE MCALLISTER JUSTICE SERIES.  I REALLY ENJOYED THE STORYLINE.  THE AUTHOR DID A WONDERFUL JOB IN DESCRIBING CRIME SCENES AND CHARACTERS.  SOME OF THE SCENES WERE VERY DARK AT TIMES.  TENDER ECHOES IS FAST PACED READ FOR ME THAT KEPT ME GUESSING WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT.  IT IS FILLED WITH ALOT OF ACTION AND KEEPS YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT.  I HAVE TO SAY LEXI IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER.  SHE IS VERY SMART, INTELLIGENT, SPECIAL AND IS USING HER SKILLS TO HELP PEOPLE.  I ALSO LIKE ETHAN'S CHARACTER.  HE IS A VERY GOOD MAN WHO WANTS TO STOP THE CRIMINALS AND THERE JUST WAS A CONNECTION BETWEEN HIM AND LEXI.  

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WITH LEXI AND ETHAN.  THIS IS MUST READ IF YOU ENJOY A GOOD ACTION PACT MURDER MYSTERY.  YOU WILL ENJOY REILY'S WRITING.  SHE HAS  WAY OF DESCRIBING A VERY DETAILED SCENE THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY PICTURE AND THE CHARACTERS FEEL VERY REAL.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ THIS AWESOME SERIES.  5 STARS





Biography
Reily is a West Coast girl transplanted to the opposite shore. When she’s not working with her dogs, you can find her curled up with a book or writing her next story. Past employment as an ICU nurse, private investigator, and work in the military police has given her countless experiences in a host of different environments to add a real world feel to her fiction.
Over time, and several careers, many incidents have flavored the plots of her stories. Man’s cruelty and ingenuity for torment and torture is boundless, not contained by an infinite imagination. Witnessing the after-effects of a teenager mugged at knifepoint for a pair of tennis shoes, or an elderly woman stabbed repeatedly with a screwdriver for no apparent reason, left an indelible impression that will forever haunt her subconscious. In counterpoint, she’s observed a woman stop her vehicle in severe, snowy weather to offer her own winter coat to a stranger, a teenager wearing a threadbare hoodie. Life’s diversities are endless.
Though her kids are her life, writing is Reily’s life after. The one enjoyed after the kids are in bed or after they’re in school and the house is quiet. This is the time she kicks back with laptop and lapdog to give her imagination free rein.
In reading, take pleasure in a mental pause as you root for your favorite hero/heroine and bask in their accomplishments, then share your opinions of them over a coffee with your best friend (even if he’s four-legged). Life is short. Cherish your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment