INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Review of A Hero's Heart by Amber Daulton




Ten years ago, Jarrett Brandt left home and abandoned everyone of importance. After a hard reality check, the irresponsible young man matured into a ballsy DEA agent with a kickass Harley Davidson and a million-dollar bounty on his head. Ordered by his superior officer to take refuge at a safe house just days before Christmas, he headed back home to Washington State, instead, to make peace with his deceased brother's memory.

Marissa Reinn Brandt never expected to see Jarrett again. Best friends since childhood and lovers as teenagers, immaturity, over-demanding parents and illicit drugs ripped them apart. Now a successful chef at a posh restaurant, the young widow and her son offered Jarrett a place to stay for the holiday. Even though she expected nothing from her former lover--the twin brother of the man she married--fate intervened.

As Jarrett and Marissa rekindled the flames of love and lust that once bound them together, an enemy from his past and a trusted mentor from his present vied their time in the snowy dark and threatened to destroy everyone he held dear. He needed a Christmas miracle to save his family and the love of a good woman to heal his battered heart. Nothing, no one, would stand in the way of his second chance with Marissa. Come hell or high water, he would cherish her body and her heart for all time.
---
Warning: a hero with a dirty mouth and a drug-filled past, lots of hot sex with a sexy redheaded chef, and an adorable little boy to remind all of us about the meaning of Christmas...


MY REVIEW:

A HERO'S HEART IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS OF AMBER DAULTON SO FAR.  I REALLY ENJOYED IT.  I AM A BIG FAN OF FRIENDS TO LOVERS OR HIGH SCHOOL SWEET HEART STORIES. IT SHOULD DEFINITELY BE A MOVIE.  

WE MEET JARRETT AND MARISSA WHO WERE FORMER HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEARTS.  JARRETT LEAVES HIS LIFE AND MARISSA BEHIND DUE TO HAVING A DRUG HABIT.  JARRETT RETURNS 10 YEARS LATER.  HE IS NOT THE SAME MAN HE WAS BEFORE.  JARRETT HAS CHANGED.  AS MARISSA AND JARRETT REKINDLE THEIR LOVE, DANGER LURKS IN THEIR PATH.  WILL JARRETT BE ABE TO PROTECT MARISSA AND HER SON?  

A HERO'S HEART IS A ROMANTIC, SUSPENSEFUL, AND HOT LOVE STORY.  THERE IS SO MUCH PASSION AND CHEMISTRY BETWEEN MARISSA AND JARRETT, IT STEAMS UP THE PAGES.  I LOVED THE STORY LINE AND MARISSA AND JARRETT TOGETHER.  JARRETT HAD SUCH A HARD LIFE AND HE WAS ALWAYS COMPETING AGAINST HIS BROTHER FOR THEIR FATHER'S ATTENTION.  IT PUT SO MUCH STRESS ON HIM AND HE TURNED TO DRUGS TO NUMB THE PAIN.  I THINK THEIR FATHER MEANT WELL BUT TOO HARD ON HIS SONS AND WANTED THEM TO HIS LIVE HIS DREAMS.  I THINK MARISSA WAS REALLY STRONG AND WAS GOOD FOR JARRETT AND HIS FAMILY.  SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO TRULY COULD MAKE HIM HAPPY.  IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT READ, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ A HERO'S HEART. THIS WAS SUCH A WONDERFUL BOOK 5 STARS





Biography
Writing is the fruit to happiness.
Amber Daulton lives her life by that one belief even though she normally isn’t so Zen.
Author of several novellas, she published her first book in 2012 and hopes to publish countless more in the future. As a fan of contemporary, paranormal and historical romance novels alike, she can’t get enough of feisty heroines and alpha heroes. Her mind is a wonderland of adventure, laughter and awesome ways of kicking a guy when he’s down. She probably wouldn’t be too sane without her computer and notebooks. After all, what’s a girl to do when there are people jabbering away in her head and it’s hard to shut them up? Write! Nothing else works.
Reviews are available on Amazon, Goodreads and Shelfari, as well as on numerous blogs. Please check out my blog or FB page to stay connected.
http://amberdaultonauthor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author

1 comment:

  1. Love the review.
    Jarrett really is one of my fav heroes. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book! :)

    ReplyDelete