INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, August 7, 2023

Review The Wild Dark (The Wild Oblivion Book 1) by Katherine Silva

"Katherine Silva spins a unique apocalypse in her new novel The Wild Dark—a book that asks: What happens to humanity when the gates to the afterlife start to swing the wrong way? A darkly imaginative world combines with a story of love beyond death to keep the pages turning." (Wendy N. Wagner, author of The Deer Kings and An Oath of Dogs) Ghosts. Soul-eating wolves. World-consuming woods. A friendship that defies death. Elizabeth "Liz" Raleigh has lost everything: her job as a police detective, her partner, her fiancé, and her peace of mind. After a month of solitude at a cabin in the woods, she finally feels as though she’s ready to move on. But in one terrifying night, everything changes. Liz's partner, Brody, appears in the form of a ghost. He's one of millions that have returned to haunt their loved ones. Brody can't remember how he died and Liz is determined to keep the secret of it buried, for it means dredging up crushing memories. Along with him comes an unearthly forest purgatory that swallows up every sign of human civilization across the world. The woods are fraught with disturbing architecture and monstrous wolves hungry for human souls. Brody says he escaped from them and that the wolves are trying to drag him and others ghosts back. As winter closes in and chaos erupts across New England, Liz fights desolation, resurfacing guilt, and absolute terror as she tries to survive one of the most brutal winters she's ever seen.

MY REVIEW:

THE WILD DARK IS BOOK 1 IN THE WILD OBLIVION SERIES AND WHAT A WONDERFUL START TO A NEW SERIES.  KATHERINE SILVA, AUTHOR HAS A CREATED A UNIQUE AND BRILLIANT SERIES UNLIKE ANYTHING I HAVE READ BEFORE. THE CHARACTERS ARE COMPLEX AND WELL WRITTEN AND SOME YOU WILL LOVE AND SOME YOU WILL HATE. I REALLY LOVE LIZ AND BRODY. BOTH ARE COMPLEX CHARACTERS THAT HAVE ISSUES THEY ARE TRYING TO DEAL WITH BUT I LOVED THE CONNECTION AND FEELING THEY HAD FOR ONE ANOTHER.  I AM NOT A FAN OF LIZ'S FIANCE AT ALL. I DIDN'T FEEL LIZ CONNECTION WITH HIM.

THE WILD DARK IS A WELL WRITTEN STORY THAT IS FILLED WITH SO MANY GENRES SUCH AS PARANORMAL, ACTION FANTASY, ROMANCE, SUSPENSE, MYSTERY AND MURDER AND MANY MORE.  AT FIRST, YOU WILL FEEL LIKE THIS JUST ANOTHER POLICE STORY BUT IT ISN'T.  THE AUTHOR TAKES YOU IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DIRECTION THAT YOU DID NOT SEE COMING.  THE WILD DARK IS AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER RIDE THAT WILL LEAVING YOU WANTING MORE AND CONTINUALLY GUESSING. I  HAVE FOUND ANOTHER FAVOR AUTHOR AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  A MUST READ FOR FANS OF PARANORMAL AND THE END OF THE WORLD.  5 STARS


 
Katherine Silva Katherine Silva is a Maine horror author, a connoisseur of coffee, and victim of cat shenanigans. She is a two-time Maine Literary Award finalist for speculative fiction and a member of the Horror Writers of Maine, The Horror Writers Association, and New England Horror Writers Association. Katherine is also editor-in-chief of Strange Wilds Press and Dark Taiga Creative Writing Consultations. Her latest works are all novelettes within The Wild Oblivion universe and are now available wherever books are sold. A sequel to THE WILD DARK entitled, THE WILD FALL, is due out in August 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment