INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, August 7, 2023

Review To Eat You With by Kayla Burt

You’ve heard this tale before: An ailing grandmother’s home tucked away in isolation, a clueless young woman hidden behind a red hood, and unknown dangers lurking in the forest. But this isn’t your grandmother’s fairytale. (Or maybe it is. I don't know her.) Sheltered and unworldly in the mountains of Georgia, Sage Sutton spent her days caring for her feeble grandmother and dreaming of a more fulfilling existence. Riddled with misfortune and hardship, a series of unexplained tragedies haunt her — memories she’d prefer to leave undisturbed. Her perpetual fight for survival takes on a whole new meaning when a natural disaster destroys everything she’s ever known. As an unidentified threat stalks the outskirts of her dilapidated farm, she must brave the frozen world beyond its borders in order to unravel the truth. Horrors await her at every turn as she journeys across a dystopian wasteland with little awareness of her own role in the aftermath. With the help of a mysterious stranger, she uncovers the terrors tormenting her family for decades while fighting to discover herself along the way. Follow Sage as she recounts her story of monsters, small-town secrets and the magic of the mountain. *** To Eat You With is a dark retelling of Little Red Riding Hood and is intended for mature audiences. This story contains sensitive material and generally uncomfortable descriptions. Please, proceed with caution.

MY REVIEW:

THIS MY FIRST READ BY KAYLA BURT AND IT WON'T BE MY LAST.  TO EAT YOU WITH IS A DARK AND HAUNTING RETELLING OF LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD WITH A TWIST.  KAYLA BURT, AUTHOR HAS CREATED A UNIQUE AND MESMORIZING STORYLINE WITH CHARACTERS YOU WILL LOVE AND HATE. THE STORY DRAWS YOU IN FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE AND KEEPS YOU ON YOUR EDGE OF YOUR SEAT UNTIL THE VERY END.  THIS IS NOT YOUR NORMAL RETELLING AND GETS DARKER AND DARKER AND TAKES YOU BEYOND THE RETELLING OF LITTLE RED RIDIN GHOOD.  TO EAT YOU WITH IS UNPREDICTABLE AND NOTHING LIKE YOU HAVE READ BEFORE.  ALTHOUGH THE ENDING WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING TO ME SINCE I WAS CHEERING ON SAGE AND THE STRANGER, THIS STORY IS A MUST READ FOR FANS OF HORROR AND PARANORMAL.   4 STARS
Kayla Burt Kayla Burt is not a best-selling author, despite her riveting poem – “Fishy Fishy” – winning some sort of nondescript prize in third grade. She was born and raised in North Georgia where she resides with her husband and three children. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Metaphysical Humanistic Science and is currently pursuing a Master’s in Parapsychology. She is shamelessly in love with Cinnabon and Bruce Campbell. There is nothing remotely interesting about her except for that one time she danced on the bar at Coyote Ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment