INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Review of Vein River by Kellie Honaker





The locals of Vein River fear the covered bridge and avoid it at night at all costs.

They say she hangs in the darkness, her long silk nightgown drifting in the breeze. She swings from a noose, her toes rat-tat-tatting across the hood should someone drive beneath her.

As legend goes, if you receive her withering kiss, you either die, get sick, or go stark raving mad. Your only chance of pardon is to kiss her dangling feet and beg for mercy.

The fate of the town rests on the shoulders of Annie Forrester , a sixteen year-old girl with psychic powers.


Only Annie will have the strength to enter the bridge and face the evil head on.

MY REVIEW

I REALLY LOVED VEIN RIVER.  IT IS THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ BY KELLIE HONAKER AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST BOOK I READ BY HER.  I WAS DRAWN INTO THE STORY FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE END.  WE MEET ANNIE FORRESTER WHO IS 16 YEARS OLD AND IS DEALING WITH HER PARENT'S DIVORCE.  ANNIE AND HER MOTHER MOVE TO VEIN RIVER FOR A FRESH START.  THE LOCALS HAVE A LEGEND ABOUT THE COVER BRIDGE NEAR ANNIE'S HOME.  THE BRIDGE IS TO BE AVOIDED AT NIGHT AT ALL COSTS.  THERE IS A LEGEND ABOUT A GIRL THAT HANGS IN THE DARKNESS BY A NOOSE.  IF SHE KISSES YOU, YOU ARE NEVER THE SAME AGAIN OR YOU DIE.  WILL ANNIE HAVE THE COURAGE TO FACE THE EVIL ON THE BRIDGE?

VEIN RIVER IS A SCARY, CREEPY, MYSTERIOUS AND SUSPENSEFUL READ. I DID NOT WANT TO PUT THE BOOK DOWN.  THE AUTHOR WILL KEEP YOU IN SUSPENSE AND GUESSING WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT.  YOU WILL BE ON THE EDGE OF THE SEAT  TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT.  ANNIE'S CHARACTER BECOMES STRONGER AND MORE MATURE THROUGHOUT THE BOOK.  SHE HAD TO GROW UP QUICK AND IS SPECIAL.  THE GIRL IS TRYING TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANNIE.  SHE WANTS HER TO KNOW THE TRUTH OF WHAT HAPPENED TO HER.  SLOWLY ANNIE STARTS TO UNCOVER THE TRUTH BEHIND THE COVERED BRIDGE AND THE GIRL.  YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE SURPRISED BY THE TRUTH.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SCARY STORY, I RECOMMEND YOU READ VEIN RIVER.  THE STORY IS DEFINITELY SCARY, CREEPY AND SUSPENSEFUL.  I LOVE THE AUTHOR'S WRITING AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE OF HER BOOKS.   5 STARS





Biography
When Kellie isn't reading, rescuing animals, or fueling her book addiction, she's busy mastering the art of becoming a hermit and a writer. When editing her stories, she reads them aloud to her blind rescue dog named Murphy. She considers him to be her most valuable critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment