INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, July 3, 2017

Author Interview of Serge de Moliere

GIRL WITH PEN WANT TO GIVE A WARM WELCOME TO SERGE DE MOLIERE.  THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE TO ANSWER SOME OF MY READERS READERS QUESTIONS.

BIOGRAPHY:

Bonjour!

Serge de Moliere is an internationally published author whose works are characterized
by their evocative atmosphere, complex/charismatic characters and dazzlingly hot
love scenes. de Moliere also often adds an interracial or multicultural twist. Based in NYC
de Moliere draws on the incredible diversity of this astonishing Metropolis where love abides
despite the hazards of the modern urban landscape.

Serge de Moliere's enticing novellas include:

Love Yoga
Hurts so Good
White Heat

Most recently Serge de Moliere published French Kiss, a torrid romance between an Asian Americanactress and an enigmatic French Director. The cover of French Kiss was considered so
flaming hot by Facebook that they suspended the author's Facebook account but judge for yourself.

Follow Serge de Moliere's tweets on Twitter (@Serge_deMoliere).
See less



AUTHOR INTERVIEW:



Q: Can you tell us a little about yourself to start?

I currently live and write in NYC. It's a tremendous Metropolis that
can be both romantic and intimidating. It's inspirational for a writer. NYC boasts an amazing variety of people with a host of ethnic and racial types. They are all potential characters and stories
waiting to be written.

Q: How are you feeling now that your latest book is out & on tour?

Delirious! I love my protagonist Olivia,in French Kiss, who is an aspiring Asian American actress who teaches English part time at a University. There are few Asian women in contemporary romance. Olivia is intelligent as well as deeply emotional. She is based in part on someone I once knew.

Q: Describe your book in 3 words?

Absorbing, arousing and romantic.

Q: How do your stories & characters develop?

Like faint mist condensing to thick fog. I begin with certain ideas but then events or characters magically form and assert themselves. When I'm in the middle of a story, I may wake up
at night bursting with images and thoughts sent to me by invisible spirits.

Q: Out of all of your books do you have a favorite character or couple?

Fascinating question. Often, my favorite character is the most recent one . I do have a fondness for Olivia in French Kiss since she's my first Asian protagonist and I admire her passion and intensity.

Q: Are you currently working on a new book at this time?

Yes. I'm almost always working on a new story or planning one. Right now several are simmering, including a fantasy romance including shape shifters.

Q: Do you have a routine you follow when you write?

It varies. At times, an image or melody can trigger inspiration. For instance, once, while listening to Christina Aguilera's song, "I'm Beautiful", a character sprouted in my mind. I had to instantly write about her. Mostly, I try to write regularly whether I'm inspired or not. It's important for the craft , even if you end up with bad drafts you wish you could tear up. The rewrite is most important. I should say rewrites.

Q: What are your favorite types of heroines? Do you like the damsel in distress who needs saving or the kick-ass variety? Why?

I definitely prefer the kick-ass variety. Katniss, for example, was admirable in the first Hunger Games. She volunteered to save the life of her sister even though it was a possible death sentence. Katniss was also self-less and caring. My recent favorite is Wonder Woman, the film with actress Gal Gadot, who is not only beautiful but brave, bright and compassionate. Her goal is to end all wars, which is a wonderful ideal. Bravery and compassion are admirable qualities of all human beings, male or female. In the modern world, there are many women who are heroic, not necessarily by force of arms, but by force of character and dedication to a cause.

Q: Can you share something with everyone that inspires you?

There are many events and people. For instance, I was inspired by Sally Yates, the veteran Justice Department attorney who defied the administration's ban on immigration and held to her personal values and beliefs. This is rare. She, of course, was fired for her dedication. I am also inspired by people with disabilities who nevertheless manage to be happy and successful. It makes me appreciate life. Gabby Giffords, the Congresswoman who was shot, is astonishing. Despite a horrible injury due to a lunatic, she fought her way back. Truly inspirational.

Q: Which do you prefer paperback, hardback or ebooks & why?

I prefer paperbacks although ebooks have their advantages too. It's the sensation of touching paper, which is organic, has texture and is yielding, unlike hard plastic. Books can also have an aroma. Finally, you can carry paperbacks around, leaf through the pages and share them with others.

Q: Can you tell us about your worst date ever?

Arghh! I went on a blind date arranged by a friend. I met her for the first time at her office. My date was not bad looking, but turned out to be nasty and bad-tempered. She spent twenty minutes ranting against her boss. Seems she had a crush on him but he wasn't interested. Furious, she told me she reported him to the IRS. The date went downhill from there.

Q: Do you have a favorite love scene from a book or movie? Which book/movie & scene?

Absolutely. There are several. For example, there's a scene towards the end of the film Silver Linings Playbook between Pat (Bradley Cooper) and Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence). WARNING-This is a Spoiler so don't read it if you haven't seen the film. For most of the film, Pat raves to her about his ex-wife while Tiffany pretends they are just friends. After Pat & Tiffany compete in a dance competition, Pat runs over to his ex, leaving Tiffany alone & devastated. But Pat surprises Tiffany when he follows her to read her a letter he's written. She thinks it's to his wife. When Pat looks into Tiffany's eyes and reads the words, "I love you," to her, Tiffany falls apart. It's a very emotional moment; and of course Jennifer is a wonderful actress so we feel everything she does.


THANK YOU SERGE DE MOLIERE FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE.  IT WAS GREAT GETTING TO KNOW YOU MORE.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING YOUR BOOK FRENCH KISS.  I RECOMMEND MY READERS CHECK OUT SERGE DE MOLIERE'S BOOKS.

3 comments: