INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Author Interview of Raelle Logan, Author of Blackheart and Review


GIRL WITH PEN WELCOMES RAELLE LOGAN AUTHOR OF BLACKHEART WHO WAS KIND ENOUGH TO TAKE TIME FROM HER BUSY SCHEDULE TO TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT HERSELF AND HER NEW BOOK






No memory of his past, sentenced to death for a duel gone horrid, Lochlanaire Blackheart is commanded by King William to hunt Siren Rain. She’s the illegitimate daughter of ousted King James II. In capturing his prey, Lochlanaire must retrieve the ruby signet Siren dons. That jewel is the talisman of King James II, which proves Siren’s ancestry. Lochanaire, however, is unaware that at the moment he casts sail aboard his ship, Siren’s been kidnapped by his pirate brother, Zore. Lochlanaire must battle this cutthroat for the princess, spinning Siren into his web of treachery. Afterward, they’re shipwrecked, entwined in a union of inconvenience when Lochlanaire weds Siren under the witchery of gypsies. Lochlanaire soon enlightens Siren of her true father’s identity. She seduces her captor, desperate to conceive Lochlanaire’s child. She believes he cannot surrender her to die at King William’s hangman’s noose if their blood unites. When Lochlanaire’s stalked by a ghoul slaughtering the pirates aboard his ship, he never realizes that this fiend possesses a wicked secret. Siren must unravel all the Blackheart brothers’ secluded evils and save Lochlanaire, for he threads together a travesty by which to sacrifice himself to King William, all while opposing the two seething brothers who seek his demise for the tragedies reaped in Lochlanaire’s shattered past. If Lochlanaire fails to evade the death shroud shadowing his footfalls, Siren will lose the breath-wrenching privateer who is her assassin hunter, the possessor of her lusty soul, and her only love.

MY REVIEW:

BLACKHEART IS THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ BY AUTHOR RAELLE LOGAN AND IT DEFINITELY WON'T BE THE LAST.   BLACKHEART IS A HISTORICAL PIRATE ROMANCE THAT LEAVES YOU WANTING MORE.  THE AUTHOR TAKES YOU TO ANOTHER TIME AND PLACE.  YOU ARE HOOKED FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE VERY END.  WE ARE INTRODUCED TO LOCHLANAIRE BLACKHEART WHO IS IN PRISON FOR A DUEL GONE WRONG.  KING WILLIAM AGREES TO GIVE HIM HIS FREEDOM AND EVERYTHING BACK IF HE CAPTURES SIREN AND BRINGS THE RUBY SIGNET.  WHEN LOCHLANAIRE FINALLY CAPTURES SIREN RAIN.  SIREN TURNS OUT TO BE MORE THAN LOCHLANAIRE COUNTED ON.  WILL HE BE ABLE TO TURN HER OVER TO THE KING?

BLACKHEART WAS A FAST PACED READ FOR ME.  THE AUTHOR TRANSPORTED ME TO ANOTHER PLACE AND TIME.  IT WAS FILLED WITH SO MUCH MYSTERY, SUSPENSE, ADVENTURE, ACTION, HOT PIRATES, VILLAINS AND ROMANCE.  I REALLY LOVED SIREN AND LOCHLANAIRE TOGETHER.  THEY WERE PERFECT FOR ONE ANOTHER.  SIREN WAS A VERY STRONG CHARACTER WHO KNOW HOW TO SURVIVE AND SHE STOOD UP TO LOCHLANAIRE.   HE WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN AND COULDN'T REMEMBER HIS PAST.  SIREN WAS ABLE TO HEAL HIM AND BROUGHT HIM PEACE EVEN WITH HIS BROTHERS.

I REALLY ENJOYED BLACKHEART. I LOVE THE AUTHOR'S WRITING AND HER CHARACTERS.  SHE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB WITH THE STORY AND THERE WAS ALOT OF CHEMISTRY BETWEEN THE CHARACTERS.  I EVEN ENJOYED THE VILLAINS.  WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY.  FULL OF SO MUCH MYSTERY AND SURPRISES.  IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD HISTORICAL PIRATE READ FILLED WITH SOME VERY HOT PIRATES, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BLACKHEART.  I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE OF RAELLE LOGAN'S BOOKS.  5 STARS







I write historical romance. As a child, I wrote about Westerns. My Mom worked at library and one day she brought home a bunch of books she thought I might be interested in reading. I read one by Victoria Holt. Needless to say, I was hooked. After getting married, my husband was offered an old laptop for his racing career. I got curious about it and started writing on the notepad, only to discover that the old beast wouldn't save my work...I went out and bought my first computer. Since then, I've been writing about pirates. My goal was to paint a more realistic view of their lives while weaving a scorching romance.

AUTHOR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Q: Can you tell us about yourself?


I write historical romance mainly about pirates. I live in Littleton, CO and have been writing since I was a child. I began writing Westerns as a kid on an electric typewriter. It was not pretty. Years later, when I was a teen, my Mom worked at a library and she brought home a bunch of books. Mixed with those books were a few romance novels by Victoria Holt. Soon, I was hooked on the genre. In 1996, my husband was racing circle track cars and our neighbor wanted to give him something to support his racing career. He tossed an old laptop computer over our fence to my husband. I got curious about the computer and began writing on the notepad, only to find out that I couldn’t save the work I had labored to finish. Needless to say, I went out and bought my first computer. I had started writing about pirates and wanted to paint a more accurate picture of them while winding a steamy romance around them.

Q: How are you feeling now that your latest book is out and on tour?

Excited and a little nervous. It’s awesome to be published after years of trying to find a publisher. I was thrilled when Books To Go Now offered me a contract for BLACKHEART. BLACKHEART is definitely like my child so I want the book to do well and be received by an appreciative audience.

Q: How does your family feel about you being a published author?

Extremely excited. My husband has a T-shirt with the book cover on it that he flaunts. That’s great! My sisters keep saying how thrilled they are to be the sister of a published author. It’s pretty cool! Mom was my editor, so she’s excited to see my work come to fruition and is hoping for success.

Q: What inspires you to write?

Many times I get a lift from music. I listen to a lot of soundtracks and new age music with no words. Something about the music makes me want to write.

Q: Describe your book in 3 words?

Pirate finds love

Q: Out of all of your books do you have a favorite character or couple?

Not really. I like them all pretty evenly. Lochlanaire Blackheart, though, I have to admit, was the one character that was the most nagging to my brain. The character continually bugged me until I got his story complete on paper. I do really like my villains. I love to take a character from villain and turn him or her into good.

Q: Are you currently working on a new book at this time?

Yes, I have five total that are in various stages of editing.

Q: Do you have a routine you follow when you write?

I listen to new age music or soundtracks from movies.

Q: How do your stories & characters develop?

It’s an over time situation for me. I usually start out with a general thought, a name, or an idea and go from there. I just allow the characters and story to just go where they want and hope the story works. So far so good.

Q: What was the first thing that came to your mind when your first book was published?

Since I have been writing pretty much all my life, I thought, wow, how cool is it to be able to say I’m actually a published author!! It’s extraordinarily thrilling!!

Q: Do you have a favorite author whose books you love to read?

If I wasn’t writing pretty much as often as I can, I would read more of Victoria Holt’s work. She’s an amazing writer.

Q: What is your favorite genre to read & write?

Historical romance, though not always about pirates.

Q: How do you go about creating the most “Swoonworthy” character?

There’s no real way to explain it – the character just comes to my mind. I see them as clearly as day and attempt to put on paper what I see in my thoughts.

Q: Can you share something with everyone that inspires you?

The hope that something I write will possibly give another aspiring writer the idea that perhaps they can be a published author someday too.

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone in world who would it be and why?

Johnny Depp. Why? Isn’t it obvious? I’d love to listen to him talk about his experiences in the pirate genre, the excitement he must have felt while doing the Pirates of the Caribbean movies must have been amazing.

Q: As a child what did you want to do when you grew up?

Be an author. It never occurred to me that I would do anything else.

Q: When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

Probably when I actually finished my first romance manuscript was the moment I thought I could really be an author.

Q: Do you read all the reviews for your book(s)?

Yes.

Q: Which do you prefer paperback, hardback, or ebooks & why?

Paperback or hardback. There’s nothing better than holding a hard copy of a book in your hand.


Fun questions:

Q: What are your favorite types of heroines? Do you like the damsel in distress who needs saving or the kick-ass variety? Why?

I would say both. I start out with the damsel in distress but as the book develops, she becomes a kick-ass, tough lady.

Q: What is your one guilty pleasure?

Chocolate of any sort :}

Q: What is or was the most embarrassing moment or the craziest thing you have ever done?

I and a friend walked across the entire width of a very dangerous frozen lake. Not super smart.

This and that:
Coffee or tea? Either, depends on my mood. Lately I’m into Iced Mocha, yum
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
Tall, dark & handsome or blonde, surfer type? Tall, Dark, Handsome, Brooding, Pirate. LOL
Dine in or dine out? Dine out
Sunset or sunrise? Sunset
Steak or Chicken? Steak
Cats or dogs? Both but presently we only have a black and white cat
Summer or Winter? Summer
Shower or Bath? Shower
Beer or Wine? Wine
Scary or Comedy? Comedy
Biker or Billionaire? Biker with money. LOL
Rock or Country? Rock, 80s, 70s
Pink or Black? Black

THANK YOU RAELLE LOGAN FOR BEING ON MY BLOG AND LETTING MY READERS GET TO KNOW YOU.  YOU SHOULD ALL CHECK OUT HER NEW BOOK, BLACKHEART.  I WILL BE POSTING A REVIEW AS SOON AS I HAVE READ THE BOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment