INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, July 3, 2017

Author Interview of Aimee Shaye

GIRL WITH PEN WANTS TO GIVE A WARM WELCOME TO AUTHOR AIMEE SHAYE WHO WAS NICE ENOUGH TO TAKE TIME OUT OF HER BUSY SCHEDULE SO MY READERS CAN GET TO HER.

BIOGRAPHY:






My name is Aimee Shaye and I am a 21 year old independent author of Fantasy, Paranormal and Romance books. I have been writing since I was 6 years old but it wasn't until high school that I decided writing would be my side job. My debut novel, Destroyed, is the first book in my first series titled Chronicles of the Seven Sons. It took my seven years and 17 drafts to complete Destroyed because I started writing it at 14 years old and as I continued to get older, my writing got more mature. I love to read and collect books! I have a Nicholas Sparks collection, a Sherrilyn Kenyon collection and I own a collection of all of Shakespeare's works (it's approximately 3,000 pages in length)! When I write, I love listening to music. My favorite genres are Rock, Country, and Pop. I am currently working on another series called The Forbidden Series. Book One, Forbidden Lust, is set to be out on February 14, 2015.

You can also find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/aimeeshaye08


AUTHOR INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Q: Can you tell us a little about yourself to start? 

This is the hardest part of the interview, haha! Let’s see, I’m twenty-three and engaged to my best friend who so happens to be my cover designer. I am the youngest of three and have a cockapoo named Rusty who always wants to cuddle (he’s the sweetest fur baby). I’m mixed with Guyanese (dad), Italian, and Polish (mom). I have both a BS and an MS. I live in the city that never sleeps!

Q: How are you feeling now that your latest book is out & on tour?

Nervous! My latest book, “Silenced,” is a personal book. Every part of this book is taken straight out of my life. Names, dates, events, and all those little details were changed to protect those involved. I want people to be able to relate to it and I hope that those who read it and have been in similar relationships will find help in this book and will find a friend in me. I am always open to listen and to talk to my readers.

Q: How does your family feel about you being a published author? 

At first, my family was on the fence about it. They knew I was a good writer but they also know how hard I take things when I do succeed at what I know I can do. So my dad was worried that if I didn’t sell my goal, that it would break me down. Needless to say, I no longer make a goal beyond hitting the “publish” button. My new motto is, “If it sells, it sells. I don’t write to make money; I write because I love it.”


Q: What inspires you to write? 
The world around me inspires to me to write. I have been hurt time after time after time and I have found solace in writing. Every emotion I feel gets put onto paper and a story flows out of me.

Q: Describe your book in 3 words?

Just three words? Okay. I’ll try. Real. Satisfying. Hopeful.

Q: Out of all of your books do you have a favorite character or couple?

I think I may be biased on this but my favorite couple is Lauren and Cooper because they are representations of me and my fiancé. I know, I know, it’s sappy but I can’t help it.

Q: Are you currently working on a new book at this time?

I am working on several new books at this time. I have a series, “The Chronicles of the Seven Sons,” which already has two published books in it (“Destroyed” and “86”), so I’m in the process of writing book three, “Elixir.” I am also working on a spin-off series to close what may seem as a plot hole from “86,” called “Hunters of the First Order.” I am also working on the sequel to “Silenced,” titled “Shattered.”

Q: Do you have a routine you follow when you write? (i.e. listen to music, sit in a certain chair or at a certain desk).

I listen to rock music primarily because rock music is my favorite genre of music and I have a favorite seat: the right side of the long couch, reclined just enough so that I’m still sitting but my feet are up and my dog has space to cuddle.

Q: How do your stories & characters develop? 

This is such an ongoing process. I start out by doing rough character profiles so that I know enough of their personality before I start writing. Then I develop them enough to get through a first draft. It’s not until the second, third, or fourth draft where the characters are fully developed. However, this is more for my stand-alones like “Silenced,” “Have Mercy,” “If You’re Listening,” and “Forbidden Lust.” Character development for “The Chronicles of the Seven Sons” will be taking place over the course of the eight books that are planned to be released, because with each book the characters will go through so many experiences.

Q: What was the first thing that came to your mind when your first book was published? 

The first thing that came to mind was, “WOW! I actually did it!” It was something that my ex-boyfriend was against. He kept trying to put me down telling me that Greek Mythology in novels was overdone and that publishing a Dark-Fantasy novel was overdone; that people wanted originality. He told me that I would never sell a copy. Here we are three years later with six published books. IN. HIS. FACE.
   
Q: Do you have favorite author whose books you love to read?

I have so many favorite authors it’s terrible! But to name a few, I own Every. Single. Sherrilyn Kenyon novel ever published! I really love her! She is one of my inspirations, especially since she takes Greek Mythology, throws it into fantasy, and mixes in a whole lot of romance and steamy scenes. I am also fond of Nicholas Sparks and Jay Kristoff. If you have never heard of Jay Kristoff, check him out! He writes JAPANESE STEAMPUNK!

Q: What is your favorite genre to read & write?

I don’t have a favorite genre to read as I read anything as long as the blurb is good. However, I enjoy writing fantasy. I do write other genres but I think fantasy is my favorite to write because there are virtually no rules! I can do whatever I want. If I want a book to take place in Ancient Greece in the year 9,000BC (which I do by the way), I can do it!

Q: How do you go about creating the most “Swoonworthy” character?

I try not to be cliché. I give him the whole six pack and the smoldering eyes, and the mysterious past. But I add in a hint of sarcasm, a hint of a troubling past that has given him reason to be cold-hearted. But then I add in a hint of compassion and love. And BAM! Swoonworthy!

Q: Can you share something with everyone that inspires you? 

My fiancé inspires me. I have never seen anyone, outside of my father, who has gone through so many trials in life and still gets up in the morning and finds a way to love me. For a long time, my fiancé shut his feelings out of his life (due to being bullied at a young age in elementary school). When he met me, it was as if he taught himself how not to feel. And taught himself not to expect anything from anyone. Then the closer we got and the more we started to spend time together, I watched him come undone. I watched him start to smile, then laugh, then really (really) talk. I watched him find his passion and I watched him fall in love. It has inspired me to keep my head up. That if he could find it within himself to make himself feel again, then why couldn’t I get out of my emotionally abusive relationship and find my true self? And get passed the anxiety and the pain? Every day we help each other through whatever the day has to offer us and every day he inspires me to keep going.

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would it be & why?

I would LOVE to have dinner with Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki from Supernatural, even though they’d be giants compared to my four feet eight inches! I think they are two of the most humble people in the world. They comfort their fans, they encourage their fan to “Always Keep Fighting” against their anxiety, their self-doubt, their addictions, etc. They always encourage their fans to come up to them and ask for a picture, autograph, or just a hug.

Q: As a child what did you want to do when you grew up? 

I always wanted to be an author and a teacher and I am doing both of those things!

Q: Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be? 

Yes, always! I remember being six years old and sitting down at the table to write and draw and I would tell my parents that I wanted to publish one day.

Q: When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I first considered myself a writer when I wrote my first short-story at the age of 13 for my 8th grade English class. We were able to write about whatever we wanted and I wrote about a girl who gets abused by her step-father and takes refuge in her brother’s best friend. My English teacher loved it and told me I should publish it.

Q: If you could go on a date with one of the male/female characters from a book who would it be (Character name, Book Title & Author's Name) and what would you do on that date?

I would love to go on a date with Styxx from “Styxx” by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I would just sit by the lake with him and have a picnic and listen to him talk about anything and everything he wanted to. He lived a hard life and was misunderstood for thousands of years. It’s time he found some friends who truly love him.

Q: Do you have a favorite playlist that you listen to when you write? 

I usually just go to YouTube and type in Evanescence and let it play on AutoPlay.

Q: Do you read all the reviews for your book(s)?

I do! There are some that I don’t agree with but I tend to read all of them as some of them can be constructive criticism. I ignore the ones I don’t agree with (like the one that says my timeline for Ancient Greece was wrong, even though my series is Dark-Fantasy and Fiction).

Q: Which do you prefer paperback, hardback or ebooks & why? 

I prefer paperback and hardback. There’s just something about that book smell which you can’t get from an e-book!

Q: What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it in (ebook, hardback or paperback) and who is the author?

I am currently reading “Hollow City” Book two of the Miss Peregrine series. It’s paperback and I LOVE IT!!! I can’t believe it has taken me this long to buy them!

Q: Of all of the books you have written do you have a favorite & why?

So far, my favorite is “Silenced,” because of what it represents. “Silenced” is about my past relationship which was emotionally and psychologically abusive. It was my last step toward healing and it definitely lifted a weight off of me.

Q: When you aren't writing what do you do to relax and have fun?

I love to play Elder Scrolls Online: Legends which is a computer card game based off of the Skyrim video game. I also like to hang out with my fiancé and go to Bryant Park, or to the movies & the beach, or just stay in and relax playing video games.

Okay now some fun ones: 

Q: What are your favorite types of heroines? Do you like the damsel in distress who needs saving or the kick-ass variety? Why? 

My favorite type of heroines are the ones who are kick ass and can stand up from themselves. I’m not saying that a woman can’t have a man help her, but why does she always need to be in distress? We can ride horses and wield swords just as a man can!

Q: Can you tell us about your worst date ever? 

OH MY GOD, YES! It was my FIRST Valentine’s day date EVER with my ex-boyfriend (the abusive one) and it took him for me to WALK INTO the deli and for him to agree to buying a $1 rose. The whole night, I had been alluding to it by saying, “You know, I really love roses. And it is Valentine’s Day…” and he just ignored me. Even as I walked past the deli I told him, “Can I please have a rose?” and he told me no. So I just walked in and was about to buy it myself when the guy at the counter (a man I knew my whole life) told him it was Valentine’s Day and he HAD to buy the rose for me.

Q: What is your one “guilty pleasure”? 

My one guilty pleasure are cooking shows, as long as Gordon Ramsey is in them! I watch Master Chef (both the adult and junior), Hells Kitchen, and The F Word. It’s hard not to!! I also love watching Survivor and The Amazing Race.

Q: What is or was your most embarrassing moment or the craziest thing you have ever don’t? Come on you can’t hold out on everyone. LOL

My most embarrassing moment was in English class when my best friend pulled the seat right out from under me and I cursed out loud. The English teacher (knowing the relationship my best friend and I had) shook her head, ignored us, and just continued with the lesson while everyone else laughed at me. The craziest thing I’ve ever done was get on The Thunderbolt at Coney Island. I am deathly afraid of heights and the damn coaster goes loop-de-loop! It was the scariest experience but I loved it and go on the ride every time I go to Coney Island.

Q: Do you have a favorite love scene from a book or movie? Which book/movie & scene? 

I don’t think that I have one. I want to say that I do but none are coming to mind!

How about a little of This or That:
Coffee or Tea?  COFFEE!
Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate Candy; Vanilla Ice Cream
Kinky or Sweet? Both! Kinky can be sweet!
Tall, dark & handsome or blonde, surfer type? Tall, dark & handsome!
Dine in or Dine out? Dine In!
Sunset or Sunrise? Sunset, especially when we’re at the beach.
Steak or Chicken? STEAK!
Cats or Dogs? DOGS!!!!
Dom or Sub? Definitely a sub.
Summer or Winter? Summer.
Shower or Bath? Shower!
Beer or Wine? Wine (Arbor Mist to be exact).
Scary or Comedy? Comedy.
Biker or Billionaire? Biker.
Thong or Comando? Thong.
Rock or Country? Rock!
Vanilla or Toys? Vanilla.
Pink or Black? Black!


Can You Share With Readers Your Top Ten Fantasies?
Like sexual fantasies? Or like fantasy fantasies? Either way, I don’t think that I really have any!

THANK YOU AIMEE SHAYE. IT WAS SUCH A PLEASURE GETTING TO KNOW YOU MORE.  YOU HAVE COME ALONG WAY AND I WOULD LOVE TO READ YOUR BOOKS.  ALL MY READERS NEED TO CHECK YOUR BOOKS OUT.  THEY SOUND REALLY GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment