INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Monday, May 8, 2017

Review of Sight Unseen In the City by Ruth Zavitsanos




It’s July 13th 1977 and New York City is languishing during a record-breaking heat wave. Linda Martinez is trying to succeed in her career while holding on to her Puerto Rican heritage she was raised to hold dear in the Bronx.

Linda meets Gabe when she enters a bookstore to escape the sweltering heat. Gabe is a distinguished, handsome man who helps Linda understand the death of her brother, Michael, who was killed in action five years earlier in Vietnam.

The time Linda spends with Gabe is nothing short of heavenly, and with Gabe’s encouragement, Linda finds herself thinking less about the scorching heat that all but suffocates a city held in darkness during an electrical outage, and more about fulfilling her life’s dream. At the dawning of a new day, Linda’s life, and her brother’s memory will take on a whole new meaning.

MY REVIEW:

SIGHT UNSEEN IN THE CITY IS THE FIRST BOOK I HAVE READ BY AUTHOR RUTH ZAVITSANOS AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST.    IT WAS A FAST AND VERY ENJOYABLE READ THAT LEAVES YOU WANTING MORE. THERE ARE ALOT OF GREAT CHARACTERS YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE AND THE STORYLINE WAS EXCELLENT. 

I LOVED HOW THE AUTHOR BROUGHT GABE INTO LINDA'S LIFE WHEN SHE NEEDED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT HER BROTHER, MICHAEL.  MICHAEL'S DEATH LEFT A WHOLE IN HER HEART.  IT TURNS OUT GABE IS SPECIAL IN HIS OWN WAY AND THAT HER BROTHER IS KEEPING AN EYE ON HIS SISTER.  I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE GABE AND LINDA HOOK UP.  I FELT THEY HAD SO MUCH CHEMISTRY.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  I ENJOY THE AUTHOR'S STYLE OF WRITING AND CHARACTERS.  4 STARS



I began writing at the age of 12. Growing up outside of New York City, I attended many Broadway plays and musicals that served to stimulate my imagination. While attaining my Journalism degree at Marshall University I received numerous writing awards. After graduation, I maintained my desire to write by editing and writing for corporate bulletins, preschool/elementary school newsletters and the local newspaper. My children's books, THE VILLA DOG, (an Epic Award nominee and a Main Line Magazine staff pick),THE OLD FORTRESS DOG, THE KONA DOG (all 3rd grade book club reads) and THE VALLEY FORGE DOG (historical fiction, 5th grade and up) have been embraced by children, parents, and the educational community. My historical (sweet) romance is set in the 1870s with women of strong character and great integrity. The SISTERS INN, is being received with high acclaim.

WRITING AFFILIATIONS:
Member, Romance Writers of America
Member, Valley Forge Romance Writers
Member, Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators

WRITING CREDITS:
Published in Writer's Digest Magazine
In-depth article published in Delaware Beach Life Magazine

A strong believer in keeping the mind and body in harmony, I enjoy Pilates and long walks with my dogs. I also enjoy cooking, reading, music, photography and travel.
I am both fortunate and blessed to have a loving family and some amazing friends enriching my life on a daily basis.

TV SHOWS/MUSIC
Growing up my favorite shows were The Flintstones (my dog's name is Pebbles), Bewitched, That Girl, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Mary Tyler Moore, and Rhoda. I'm always on the look out for wholesome, inspiring and humorous shows. My two current favorite shows are TIMELESS (history and time travel!) and THIS IS US. When it comes to music my taste is eclectic barring most rap (though Kanye and Jay-Z are talented when strung with today's popular artists like Rhianna and Alicia Keyes) and jazz. I love when a certain song brings back a special memory! Another favorite is Dancing with the Stars. I wish there were more entertainment shows on. A resurgence of The Carol Burnette Show or Sonny and Cher would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment