INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Review of Once Upon Spell





Six magical tales based on the fairy tales you thought you knew! Discover a mix of fantasy and science fiction stories in this cross-genre collection--

Red Greta by James Agee Jr.
Life is dismal for Greta and her brother Hans after he signs a magical contract with a witch. The siblings are bound to one another and the witches life-altering demands. With memories of how things once were, and the hope for a better tomorrow, will Greta allow the witch to destroy their lives completely or will she take back the life that is rightfully her own?

A Different Sort of Beauty by Josie Dorans
A curse is laid upon two innocent babes in retaliation for the indifference of the village. Elana is given ethereal beauty with a heart of cold disdain where love cannot grow. Cecil is granted a beautiful heart full of love and kindness that is encased in a twisted and hideous body. Of course, true love can break any curse, but how can a soul find true love when their very nature drives people away

The Cursed Prince by Kellie Honaker
Jealous of the king's good fortune, the witch Hazel curses the king's son with the inability to feel fear. The prince spends his childhood embracing every danger and gradually falling into madness. A talking toad, a fireproof girl, a dying goblin, and a deal making dragon must join forces to save the kingdom.

Walk to the Moon by Paul Dellinger
The boy dreamed of touching the moon and, when he reached out one night, the moon reached back.

The Raven of the Loch by Christina Lockhart:
Born the daughter of a great Pictish warrior king, Fiachna is spoiled and headstrong. Before her birth, a prophesy was told- two paths were set before her. One path was full of God's blessings, while the other was full of heartache and despair. The beautiful princess has a choice. Will she choose life, or will she choose to seek out a devastating spell?

Rose's Beast by K.R. Thompson
As her punishment for accidentally turning a prince to a frog, the fairy Morgana has been tasked with fixing other spells that have gone awry. Her next assignment takes her to a tower deep within the Dark Forest guarded by a beast like none she has ever seen.

MY REVIEW:

I AM A BIG FAN OF FAIRYTALES.  I LOVE FAIRYTALES.  THESE 6 FAIRYTALES WERE BRILLANT, FUN AND VERY CREATIVE.  I LOVE HOW THE AUTHORS RETOLD AND CHANGED THE FAIRYTALES  I THOUGHT IT MAKE EACH FAIRYTALE MORE ENJOYABLE AND INTERESTING.  I REALLY ENJOYED EACH FAIRYTALE AND LOVE ALL THE AUTHORS' WRITING. I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO READ MORE OF THESE STORIES. I AM HOPING THERE IS ANOTHER BOOK IN THE WORKS. 5 STARS




No comments:

Post a Comment