INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Review of Lies Come True by Emerald O'Brien

Lies Come True - Banner


BOOK INFORMATION

TITLE – Lies Come True
SERIES – The Avery Hart Trilogy, Book One
AUTHOR – Emerald O'Brien
GENRE – New Adult Mystery
PUBLICATION DATE – April 17th 2015
LENGTH (Pages/# Words) - unformatted right now, but 65k words
PUBLISHER – Emerald O'Brien
COVER ARTIST – Najla Qamber Designs

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Avery Hart narrowly escapes death after being attacked in the woods of Crown River.

Ten years later...
The body of a young woman is found along the path of a park in the same town. The killer is cunning and ruthless, but even the best killers make mistakes.

Fiona Wolfe, the second woman to be attacked, survives and reveals a potential link between the current killer and the attack on Avery Hart.

Noah Cotter, an ambitious new inspector, becomes drawn to the case when his curiosity combines with his attraction to Avery.

The dangerous search for truth appears to be muddied with each shocking secret brought to light, as Avery, Fiona, and Noah realize that when someone is deceived for too long, sometimes...

Lies Come True



Lies Come True - Book Cover


EXCERPT

She turned back up the trail, and pushed herself to go forward. The next few strides hurt less than the first. She picked up her pace, and squinted into the last of the sunlight, as her heart pounded in her chest.

She took deep breaths as she pushed herself harder, confident that she was gaining ground, and when she reached a clearing by the lake, she looked back.

It was a man, or what looked like one, but his face was white. And red.

MY REVIEW

LIES COME TRUE IS AN ACTION FILLED SUSPENSE THRILLER AND MURDER MYSTERY THAT KEEPS YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT TO THE VERY END. EMERALD PULLS YOU INTO THE STORY ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AND KEEPS YOU GUESSING WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT THROUGHOUT THE STORY.

I WAS ENGROSSED IMMEDIATELY WITH THE STORYLINE AND THE CHARACTERS.  I LOVED AVERY, FIONA AND NOAH.  ALL VERY STRONG CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY AVERY AND FIONA WHO WERE ATTACKED AND SURVIVED.  I LOVED THE ROMANCE THAT IS DEVELOPING BETWEEN AVERY AND NOAH.  NOAH IS ANOTHER STRONG CHARACTER WHO SETS OUT TO CATCH A KILLER.   I THOUGHT ALL THE SECONDARY CHARACTERS WERE ALSO VERY STRONG AND EACH HAD A STORY TO TELL.  ALL THE CHARACTERS PLAYED AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE STORY.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED LIES COME TRUE AND CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES.  I COULD NOT PUT THE BOOK DOWN AND JUST HAD TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT AND WHO THE KILLER WAS.  I LOVE EMERALD'S STYLE OF WRITING AND HOW SHE PULLS YOU INTO THE STORY.  SHE HAS SOME AMAZING CHARACTERS WHO ARE SO BELIEVEABLE AND REAL LIKE FILLED WITH SO MUCH EMOTION.  EMERALD BRINGS ALL HER CHARACTERS TO LIFE AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY.  YOU COULD FEEL ALL THEIR EMOTIONS AND EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING THEY FELT.  EMERALD DID A WONDERFUL JOB WITH THE VERY INTENSE AND EMOTIONAL SCENES WITH THE CHARACTERS.  IT FELT REAL AND VERY BELIEVABLE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ LIES COME TRUE.  IT IS A WONDERFUL READ AND WILL KEEP YOU GUESSING.  YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.  I DO HAVE TO WARN YOU THERE IS A CLIFFHANGER AND YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK.   I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE OF EMERALD'S BOOKS.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER WRITING.  5 STARS 



AUTHORS PLAYLIST

Music I listened to before I wrote Lies Come True (The Avery Hart Trilogy, Book One) and while I'm writing The Avery Hart Trilogy, Book Two:

Go- Meg Myers
Scared- The Tragically Hip
Got You Where I Want You (re-recorded)- The Flys
If I Didn't Know Better- Nashville Soundtrack
Breath of Life- Florence and the Machine
Shouldn't Have To- The Mark Inside
Bent- Matchbox 20
Make a Shadow- Meg Myers
Lie- Ryan Levine
Shadows- Lindsey Stirling

and the whole soundtrack to Gone Girl


AUTHOR PHOTO ADD TO HTML

AUTHOR BIO

Emerald O'Brien is a Canadian writer who grew up just East of Toronto, Ontario. She graduated from the program of Television Broadcasting and Communications Media at Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario. Emerald is the author of new adult mysteries Darkness Follows and it's sequel, Shadows Remain. Her upcoming release, Lies Come True (The Avery Hart Trilogy, Book One), is also a new adult mystery.

When she isn't reading or writing, Emerald can be found with her family and friends. Emerald loves to cook and entertain, and spends many nights watching movies with her husband and their two beagle pups.

AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS



GIVEAWAY PRIZES

3 Darkness Follows ebooks
1 Lies Come True ebooks
1 $5.00 Amazon Gift Card






Blast Organized & Hosted By:
33c16-mini2bbutton

No comments:

Post a Comment