INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Review of Monarch by Belle Whittington

Monarch - Tour Banner



BOOK INFORMATION


TITLE – Monarch

SERIES – Cicada Trilogy

AUTHOR – Belle Whittington

GENRE – Soft Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Romance, Action/Adventure, Aliens

PUBLICATION DATE – September 27, 2014

LENGTH (Pages/# Words) – 494 Pages

COVER ARTIST – L B Whittington



Monarch - Book Cover



BOOK SYNOPSIS


Blair Reynolds was born to rule. Worlds, that is. Destined to reign over an

ancient intergalactic race, it may seem her fate is written in the stars. But she’s willing to risk it all for

another chance to spend forever with her true love – even if it means traveling through time and space

to the other side of the universe.

As far as Ash is concerned, Blair's happily-ever-after involves him, not the

mere mortal with whom she seems so infatuated. She was bequeathed to him by her father, and Ash

will go to any lengths to keep Blair and her true love apart.

And Ash isn’t the only one.

Deep in the jungles of Brazil, where tribal drums call to Blair and her true

love, other forces carry out dangerous secret plans.

However, Blair has secrets of her own … secrets so lethal she dares not

even remember them.

Secrets so painful they could ruin everything.

Because some secrets kill.



Blair LongLiveTheQueen



BUY & TBR LINKS





Monarch - Teaser 

2



EXCERPT



I was no longer a bystander to this story. I was the story. Every secret

interwoven through the tale I’m about to tell you belongs to me. And the summer I graduated from high

school was the summer everything came together in a horrible clash of good versus evil.

Packing up and leaving my small, inconsequential, southeast Texas

hometown meant leaving part of myself behind. I said goodbye to the human side of me when we piled

into David’s truck and drove away from our home. And I waved farewell to any hope of ever returning as

I watched our home slip into the shades of night.

Everything had been turned upside down, and deciding what was good

and what was evil was like looking through sunglasses at night. It all washed together in a murky blend

of darkness, shadows, and secrets.

My biggest secret of all was one for which I had no answer: which one was

I – good or evil? I stuffed that secret deep behind my ribs and swallowed it down.

Some secrets are best kept in the darkness away from prying eyes and

those who would seek to face them head-on. Some secrets kill.

MY REVIEW:

MONARCH IS BOOK 3 IN THE SERIES.  EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT READ THE OTHER 2 BOOKS IN THE SERIES,  THIS BOOK WAS EASY TO FOLLOW.  I FOUND MYSELF DRAWN IN THE STORY FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. BELLE DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB OF EXPLAINING EVERYTHING ALONG THE WAY SO I NEVER FELT LOSS AT ALL IN THE STORY.  MONARCH HAS EVERYTHING ROMANCE, SCI-FI PARANORMAL, ACTION AND EVEN ALIENS.  I LOVE THE COMBINATION OF GENRES AND REALLY ENJOYED THE STORY.  I WAS NOT BORED FOR ONE SECOND.  THIS WAS A VERY FAST READ FOR ME.  I LOVE THE AUTHOR'S WRITING.  SHE IS AN EXCELLENT STORYTELLER AND KNOWS HOW TO DRAW THE READERS IN. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE BOOKS BY BELLE WHITTINGTON AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU READ THIS SERIES. I AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN READING THE OTHER 2 BOOKS IN THE SERIES.  5 STARS
 

Monarch - 

Teaser 1



AUTHOR BIO


Belle was raised in deep East Texas. She now resides somewhere north of

Houston, Texas in a small inconsequential town with the smallest, most inconsequential name. There, in

the shady reaches of the pines, elms, and oaks, she daydreams adventures and secrets she weaves

throughout her stories. She’s the author of CICADA, FIREFLY, and MONARCH, a Young Adult/New Adult

cross-over trilogy with excellent reviews. She studied literature and history at University of Houston

where Beowulf, Shakespeare’s works, and the history of the Vikings were her favorite topics. Belle is

positive her readers and fans are the best in the universe.

AUTHOR FOLLOW LINKS



Here's a link to where proposals to have my books made to

movies: CLICK

HERE



Monarch - Giveaway Image

GIVEAWAY PRIZES


Signed Copy of Monarch

Monarch Jar - Head here to see what they look

like


Electric Hum CD by Kyler England

Signed Book Bag

Chocolates from the Chocolate Vault




Monarch - Editors Photo



This tour was organized and hosted by

buttonmfh

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me on your lovely blog! I'm so glad you enjoyed Monarch! That means so much to me! I look forward to getting to know you and your readers.
    XOXO
    ~Belle

    ReplyDelete