INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Review of Rose of Jericho by Jenny Allen

When Forensic Investigator Lilith Adams accepted Detective Andrew Cohen's help to defeat the horror from her father's past, she knew she was making a deal with the devil. Now the true price has come to light, and the cost is beyond anything she imagined. Lilith and Chance are forced into the service of a mysterious council, whose brutality rivals Ashcroft's in their rabid desire for the Voynich manuscript and its cipher. Every loyalty and shred of sanity are utilized as opposing factions desperately race for the power hidden within the enigmatic book, which recently went missing in a high-tech robbery at the Beinecke Library in New Haven, Connecticut. Now Lilith, Chance, and Cohen are tasked with finding the book, which holds the ghosts of Gregor's past and a mysterious connection to the Durand. Caught between emotion-feeding demons, a vicious siren, and an actual voodoo witch with terrifying power, the real question is, who will be left standing when the storm passes?

MY REVIEW: 

ROSE OF JERICHO IS THE SECOND BOOK IN THE LILITH ADAMS SERIES AND IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE FIRST BOOK. I AM TOTALLY HOOKED ON THIS SERIES. I LOVE THE COMPLEX WORLD AND CHARACTERS THAT THE AUTHOR JENNY ALLEN HAS CREATED IN THIS SERIES. I LOVE CHANCE AND LILITH TOGETHER. BOTH ARE VERY STRONG CHARACTERS AND CONTINUE TO GROW IN EACH BOOK. THE LOVE AND CHEMISTRY BETWEEN LILITH AND CHANCE IS VERY REAL AND BELIEVABLE. THEIR CHEMISTRY STEAMS UP THE PAGES. ANDREW COHEN IS GROWING ON ME. I THINK THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO HIM THEN WHAT IS SEEN ON THE SURFACE.  ROSE OF JERICHO IS FILLED WITH A LOT OF ACTION AND SUSPENSE AND LEAVES ONE ON THE EDGE OF THEIR SEAT. THERE ARE ALOT OF UNPREDICTABLE TWISTS AND TURNS YOU WON'T SEE COMING.  I LOVE AUTHOR JENNY ALLEN'S WRITING.  THIS STORY JUST FLOWS AND IS WELL WRITTEN. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT BOOK IN THIS SERIES.  DO YOURSELF A FAVORITE AND PICK UP THIS SERIES. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.  5 STARS
 
Jenny Allen Jenny (Deardorff) Allen, author of the Lilith Adams Series, is also an award-winning artist and photographer, which contributes to her unique style of vivid imagery. Mrs. Allen has studied forensics, done extensive research on world cultures and myths, and is currently working full-time as an RN. Born on a Royal Airbase in Lakenheath, England, she left the UK at the age of nine to travel the United States and Germany. She began writing poetry after the suicide of a close friend in her sophomore year of high school in San Antonio, Texas. Eventually, Mrs. Allen graduated to short stories and narratives, until 2002 when she wrote her first novel, Lilith in London, which has never been published but exists as 434 handwritten pages. Over the course of twelve years, the story underwent a lengthy metamorphosis, eventually becoming her first published novel, Blood Lily, which won Honorable Mention in the 2022 San Francisco Book Festival and was a Finalist in the CIBA Paranormal Book Awards. Currently, Mrs. Allen is living in York, Pennsylvania, with her son, Kaidan; newlywed husband, Eric Deardorff; and his son, River. She attributes her success to the love, support, and creative criticism of the people around her, including close friends Jason Ratcliff, Emily Kirk, Robin Kruger, Chris Howard, and Kayla Bowers. Join the fan club at https://www.facebook.com/JennyAllenBooks or shop the store at www.JennyAllenBooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment