INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, February 2, 2024

Review of No One is Leaving by Stephen Barnard

A group of old friends and their partners gather in a country house for a winter weekend in Scotland. It’s been years since they’ve all been together and spirits are high. One thing they’re all excited about is meeting the newcomer; the long-time singleton in their party has finally brought a man along. Only, he's not what he seems… he's something more than a man. Benjamin is not there to make friends, and between him and his partner, Hayley, they present the group with a terrifying ultimatum. No one is leaving until the conditions are met. Should that happen, half of them will be forever changed, transformed into one of Benjamin’s kind. The other half will be sacrificed: food to fuel the transformation. Snowbound and scared, they’re in the fight of their lives to make it to Monday. NO ONE IS LEAVING: the latest nerve-shredding novel from Stephen Barnard, the author of 21 DARES and REQUESTS FROM THE DEAD.

MY REVIEW:

A GROUP OF OLD FRIENDS AND THEIR PARTNERS GATHER FOR A WINTER WEEKEND RETREAT IN SCOTLAND. EVERYONE IS LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EACH OTHER AGAIN AND HAVING A FUN WEEKEND. HAYLEY IS BRINGING SOMEONE NEW, BENJAMIN WHO IS NOT WHOM HE SEEMS. THEIR WEEKEND JUST TURNED INTO A TERRIFYING NIGHTMARE.

I HAVE NEVER READ ANYTHING BY AUTHOR STEPHEN BARNARD BEFORE BUT I AM SO GLAD I DID.  I REALLY ENJOYED READING NO ONE IS LEAVING.  NO ONE IS LEAVING IS A FAST PACE HORROR NOVEL THAT TOOK ME COMPLETELY BY SURPRISED.  IT IS FILLED WITH A LOT OF TWISTS AND TURNS THAT LEAVE YOU GUESSING WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. THERE WAS A LOT OF ACTION THAT LEAVES YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT. I WAS HOOKED FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE VERY END.  I COULD NOT PUT THE BOOK DOWN. IT WAS EASY TO BECOME INVESTED IN THE STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS AS YOU HOPE EACH ONE OF THEM LIVES. THE CHARACTERS AND STORY ARE WELL WRITTEN AND COMPLEX. NO ONE IS LEAVING IS A MUST READ FOR FANS OF HORROR. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE BOOKS BY AUTHOR STEPHEN BARNARD. 5 STARS
 
Stephen Barnard Stephen Barnard has been writing and self-publishing for a number of years. He predominantly writes horror / suspense, but has also written the science fantasy trilogy, 'Portentous'. When he's not doing that he sometimes teaches, parents, reads and binge-watches horror films.

No comments:

Post a Comment