INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Review of The Streets of Floria by J.B. Arnold

The City of Floria has a dark history. Rumor has it that something haunts the streets, something dark, something evil. For centuries, thousands of peasants and merchants have vanished without a trace, with no explanation or motive. Out of fear, the port’s inhabitants have never investigated what is happening, merely accepting this curse that plagues their city out of fear. Not until a troubled man running from his past decides to call Floria his new home. After a brief, terrifying encounter, he is forced to face his own demons in order to retain any sense of sanity. Once the probing begins, and discoveries are made, the man joins some new friends on a quest to solve the mystery: the mystery of the Streets of Floria.

MY REVIEW:

THE STREETS OF FLORIA IS A SCAREY PLACE TO BE AT NIGHT. THERE IS SOMETHING EVIL HAUNTING THE STREETS. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DISAPPEARING FOR CENTURIES AND NO ONE HAS BEEN BRAVE ENOUGH TO INVESTIGATE UNTIL ODIN. ODIN, WHO HAS A PAST OF HIS OWN AND AFTER HAVING HIS OWN TERRIFYING EXPERIENCE WHICH HE SURVIVED SETS OUT TO TO FIGURE OUT THE TRUTH ALONG WITH HIS NEWFOUND FRIENDS.

THE STREETS OF FLORIA TOOK ME COMPLETELY BY SURPRISE.  THE STORY AND CHARACTERS ARE BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN AND THE STORY DRAWS YOU IN AND KEEPS YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT AS YOU TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS HAPPENING.  YOU WILL NOT WANT TO PUT THE BOOK DOWN AS YOU FOLLOW THE STORY OF THIS CREEPY PLACE.  J.B. ARNOLD, AUTHOR DOES A GREAT JOB IN DESCRIBING THIS TIME PERIOD, THAT THE READER CAN JUST CLOSE ONE'S EYES AND PICTURE THE STREET OF FLORIA AND THE PEOPLE.  I LOVE THE STORYLINE WHICH IS UNIQUE COMBINING SEVERAL GENRES INCLUDING HISTORY, HORROR, MYSTERY, ROMANCE, SUSPENSE, AND PARANORMAL.  I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE STORIES BY J.B. ARNOLD.  I REALLY LOVED THIS STORY AND I NOW HAVE A FAVORITE AUTHOR. 5 STARS


 
J. B. Arnold From an early age, JB knew he could create mind-blowing, emotionally charged stories filled with enigmatic characters and story arcs. Fond, nostalgic memories still loop in his mind about the three or four-page thrillers he wrote in middle-school for his friends. Around the same time, he discovered Stephen King and Dean Koontz. Both prolific writers influenced his creativity and helped hone his love for the craft. But the love remained dormant for years. In the early stages of the Covid pandemic, JB’s genuine passion came to fruition. Now happily married and a father, his inspiration bloomed after hearing his second daughter’s desire to write a novella. Day after day, the two sat at the kitchen table, exchanging ideas, creating treacherous villains, and building a majestic fantasy world through the use of a pen. He was hooked, and the passion to write came rushing back like an avalanche. Since then, he has completed two manuscripts: The Streets of Floria and Exit 202. The latter will be released late 2023. You can also find his numerous short stories published through online magazines and websites. His current work in progress (WIP) titled The Chronicles of Barbasos, is an anthology of shorts, due out early 2024. JB lives in sunny California with his wife and four children; three daughters and a son. Oh, and there’s his writing partner; his gray tabby, Max. When he isn’t writing, he loves to read, play golf, and listen to 80s rock and 90s metal. For more information, check out: www.jbarnold-author.com www.facebook.com/theauthorjbarnold www.instagram.com/j.b.arnoldauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment