INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Review of Cold Keep Reprisal by James Lurid

Cold-Keep’s inmates are going missing at an alarming rate. The bodies are not adding up. And neither is the warden’s list of excuses. Desperate for answers, Drywell Police Department turns to Walter, an officer haunted by the murder of his son, on thin ice after a routine traffic stop turns sour. Now with a family, career, and reputation on the line, he trades in his badge for prison stripes, delving undercover into Cold-Keep for some long overdue answers. But once inside his motives quickly change when he discovers that the penitentiary hosts not only his son’s killer, but an ancient evil with a taste for the very criminals trapped within. With a shiv in hand, a ticking clock, and nerves stretched thin, Walter must fight his very nature and team up with the men he has spent his entire life working against before he too becomes one of the missing men of Cold-Keep. “I FIND IT TOO DISTURBING TO KEEP GOING. ” -PATRICIA FEINMAN “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS YOUR FIRST BOOK. THE STORY IS INTENSE.” -DARRELL ROY

MY REVIEW:

JAMES LURID IS A NEW AUTHOR AND COLD KEEP REPRISAL IS HIS FIRST BOOK. WOW WHAT AN EXCELLENT START TO A NEW WRITING CAREER. I WAS COMPLETELY TAKEN BY SURPRISE BY COLD KEEP REPRISAL. IT IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED AT ALL. THE STORY IS SO INTENSE AND DRAWS THE READER IN FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE. THE STORY IS VERY UNIQUE AND THE CHARACTERS ARE WELL WRITTEN AND COMPLICATED. 

WALTER, A POLICE OFFICER HAUNTED BY HIS SON'S DEATH IS A TIME BOMB WAITING TO GO OFF. AS PUNISHMENT FOR AN INCIDENT, WALTER IS ASKED TO GO UNDER COVER AND INVESTIGATE THE MYSTERY DISAPPEARANCES OF COLD-KEEP'S INMATES. WHAT HE DISCOVERS IS AN ANCIENT EVIL MORE TERRIFYING THEN HE COULD EVER IMAGINE AND IS PRAYING ON THE PRISONERS. THEN HE DISCOVERS HIS SON'S KILLER IS ING AND UNBELIEVABLE AND EVEN MORE TERRIFYING IS THAT HE FOUND HIS SON'S KILLER.  WALTER'S MOTIVES THEN CHANGE AND ALL HE CAN THINK ABOUT IS KILLING HIS SON'S KILLER.

COLD KEEP REPRISAL IS A VERY INTENSE, SCARY AND EMOTIONAL STORY. YOU ARE DRAWN INTO THE STORY FROM THE VERY FIRST PAGE UNTIL THE END AS YOU TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. THERE IS A LOT OF ACTION, SUSPENSE, HORROR AND THE CHARACTERS ARE WELL WRITTEN ESPECIALLY WALTER, WHO FEELS SO MUCH GUILT BECAUSE OF HIS SON'S DEATH AND WANTS VENGEANCE IN ORDER TO MOVE ON. COLD KEEP REPRISAL IS A MUST READ FOR ALL HORROR FANS OUT THERE.  THIS AUTHOR JAMES LURID'S FIRST BOOK AND HOPEFULLY NOT HIS LAST SINCE I AM EXCITED TO READ MORE BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR.  5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment