INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Friday, March 9, 2018

New Release Book Tour Unquiet Dead by Chris Pavesic






EXCERPT:




“Devyn!” she exclaimed as her face flushed, seemingly with pleasure. “I am so glad to see you, my dear!” She even sounded as if she meant it, though Devyn would expect nothing less from the Countess, whose manners were impeccable.
“I am very pleased to be here.” He took her hand and lightly kissed it in greeting. “You look lovely, as always.”
The Countess blushed. Still his compliment was well deserved. Her forest green ball gown trimmed in white lace flattered her ivory skin. Tiny white and yellow flowers crowned her upswept dark hair, the blossoms ending a hair’s breadth from the pointed tips of her ears.
Branna always did love emphasizing her fae features, Devyn mused, ever since they were children. Sometimes he wondered if she would have been happier in the Unseelie Court. Most of Ashunn’s followers modified their appearances through sorcery so they would never be mistaken for a human, even from a distance. There, though, she would not be able to keep human servants, and her husband certainly would not be able to do business with human-owned companies.
“It has been too long, Devyn. Wherever have you been keeping yourself?” Branna’s hand drifted up to play with her necklace, a habitual movement designed to draw attention to the gems encircling her throat. Not that they needed much prompting for admiration. The emeralds, a gemstone only the wealthiest could ever afford, drew most eyes with its sparkling beauty.
“Is that a new acquisition?” he asked, genuinely curious. The number of gems in his friend’s necklace were worth a fortune. In Chiaroscuro, where such jewelry was most admired, that amount of money could easily purchase one of the largest airships docked at the Mooring Towers.
“This old thing?” Her voice was cheerful, yet dismissive. He sensed it was her standard response. “It was a gift from the Count, oh, two years ago now. Gems are the traditional gift for wives in the highest levels of human society. My husband’s business contacts helped him make the purchase at one of the very best Chiaroscuro jewelers for our anniversary. Twenty years is special, after all.”
Devyn had a hard time containing his astonishment. “As is two hundred, my dear.” It surprised him that Branna would lie about the number of years she had been married. Her pretty face was virtually unchanged over the last few centuries, so it would not be vanity about her age. To be married so long was an achievement in their society. Why did she undervalue it?


1 comment: