INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone My name is Victoria Zumbrum, 40 years old, married 14 years with 1 son. This is my very first blog. So bear with me. I have always wanted to have my own blog. I have always loved to read. I enjoy getting lost in a good book.
I love becoming part of the story and characters. I am hoping to bring my love of books to my readers.

I love reading different genres such as paranormal, young adult, romance, romantic suspense, mystery, Christian fiction, some horror, etc. The list goes on. I started reviewing books a couple of years ago and have done reviews for different blogs and even some authors. I really have enjoyed reviewing books and I will continue to do so. If anyone is interested in me reviewing a book for them, please contact me. I still have a lot to learn regarding my own blog so bear with me. I welcome and appreciate all followers.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Dear Departed by Anne Roebuck Book Tour and Giveaway


The
Dear Departed
by
Anne Roebuck
Genre:
Historical Paranormal Romance

The
widows of Victorian era San Francisco are dying of decidedly
unnatural causes, and to expose the culprit Virginia Paley must
partner with the darkly mysterious Jonathan Bradshaw, entering a
world of occult rituals and unexplainable phenomena—and magical
love. 





BEYOND
THE VEIL

Young
widow Virginia Paley has no interest in attending the séances at The
Society for Eternal Love, but the women of the society are dying
mysteriously in their sleep, leaving their fortunes to Professor
Arthur Chadwick, its charismatic medium. As her aunt might very well
become the next victim, Virginia will do whatever she must to ensure
that doesn’t happen. She will even join forces with the darkly
mysterious Jonathan Bradshaw.

From
the moment he spies her, Jonathan is smitten. But romance is
impossible. Mrs. Paley is a respectable woman, and he himself is
outside of society, an orphan, an ex-thief and a true wizard, able to
hypnotize with a word and even separate his spirit from his body. No,
he must instead remain focused on his goal, avenging his mentor’s
death. But, facing a foe with power over demonic forces and
Virginia’s very life in the balance, love might indeed be the only
salvation.






From
my first poem at age 10 and my first short story at age 12, I can’t
help writing about my two favorite things – magic and love. An
unrepentant nerd, I started out in biomedical research but ended up
writing software manuals instead. I spent many years as a member of
science fiction and historical reenactment groups and I have been at
various times a Renaissance scholar, a druidess, a pirate wench, a
saloon floozy, a belly dancer and a chain-mail wearing warrior
maiden.





Still,
my first love is writing stories. It doesn’t matter whether the
story is set in the middle ages, Victorian times, the present day or
far in the future. If it has both love and magic in it, I will write
about it. I write not only romance but young adult historical fantasy
under the name of Ann Finnin. 

I'm
a native of Southern California, and I live in the hills above Los
Angeles with my husband of forty years, Dave (a man who gave me an
electric typewriter as a wedding present) and a dog of Indeterminate
Breed named Rufus.






Follow
the tour HERE
for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and a giveaway!






No comments:

Post a Comment